Sam Mendes WWI drama ‘1917’

Why couldnt he just walk down the trench?
All the men in it were slowing him down. He wanted a clear run, but they attacked and he had to run around him. In that scene, twice he runs into people and is knocked to he ground. According to the director that wasn't planned. He ran into the extras, was knocked to the ground, but quickly got up and continued the scene.

Finally got to see it a couple of days ago. My wife surprised me with it....she said it should help pass my time in social isolation. Great movie. Amazing technical achievement.

Glad you finally got to see it. I knew it's the kind of movie totally up your alley.

Sorry to bump the thread with this, since I wasn't sure if it really fits the thread, but some aspiring fans made a short film about the events in 2020 so far, executed in the style of 1917. Surprisingly well-made, and very effectively echoes the movie. They call it a parody, and it certainly is, but it's also surprisingly serious (which actually almost makes it funnier).

Welp, last year 1917 was my movie of the year. 2020 is so far my movie of the year for 2020.

I dont like the open ending of that movie. They just wanna push the sequel 2021 and I heard they are in talks to stretch this into a triology!

Reactions: NDX
I dont like the open ending of that movie. They just wanna push the sequel 2021 and I heard they are in talks to stretch this into a triology!

The villain is way too over the top and cartoonish.

Reactions: NDX
I for one welcome our alien overlords at the start of 2021.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kathielee
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"