Samurai Daredevil

dima

Civilian
Reaction score
Ok, I posted this in the comic book forum... not knowing that this forum right here existed. So here it is again:

A friend of mine and I duel it out from time to time by creating challenges for each other. This one was to draw a superhero in a different time period. His was I think Marvel Knights in the wild west... or something of that nature.

Mine is Daredevil. As a samurai. Highly appropriate I think :yay:.

samuraidd.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

first, awesome idea...

the execution is amazing... who did you do the blood spots?

Thank you very much...

And the blood spots, trade secret my friend. Trade secret.

I do my work in Adobe Illustrator and I tend to use a variety of tools. I'm a graphic designer by trade, so I tend to use anything and everything. If I feel that a certain design aspect is better than my own illustrating skills, hell I'll use it. It's all about the final product.

So those blood splatters? It's a font that I converted to outlines and there you go. Bloodspots. Change their shape their size their position their direction... You can do anything.

I do my work in Adobe Illustrator and I tend to use a variety of tools. I'm a graphic designer by trade, so I tend to use anything and everything. If I feel that a certain design aspect is better than my own illustrating skills, hell I'll use it. It's all about the final product.

So those blood splatters? It's a font that I converted to outlines and there you go. Bloodspots. Change their shape their size their position their direction... You can do anything.

oh... that is freaking sweet! thanks for the tip!

i got a red x, am i the only one?

i wanted to see it :(

Ok, I posted this in the comic book forum... not knowing that this forum right here existed. So here it is again:

A friend of mine and I duel it out from time to time by creating challenges for each other. This one was to draw a superhero in a different time period. His was I think Marvel Knights in the wild west... or something of that nature.

Mine is Daredevil. As a samurai. Highly appropriate I think :yay:.

samuraidd.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

Very sharp, and a cery cool idea. I'm definitely interested in seeing your other stuff.

Very cool drawing, sir. :up:

If I could make a critique, however, that I think it doesn't really show the "Daredevil" part of him. I mean, if you didn't call it a "Samurai Daredevil," I would have thought it was just a Samurai in red armor. Perhaps you could have added some of the costume to the design? Maybe some horns or the "DD" symbol on the chest armor?

Still, great drawing. :yay:

Thanks everyone. I'll be sure to post more.

i can see it now :up:

he kinda reminds me of the dedi samurai character

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"