New Drawing | Samurai Daredevil.

dima

Civilian
Reaction score
A friend of mine and I duel it out from time to time by creating challenges for each other. This one was to draw a superhero in a different time period. His was I think Marvel Knights in the wild west... or something of that nature.

Mine is Daredevil. As a samurai. Highly appropriate I think :yay:.

samuraidd.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

edit:
Sorry didn't realize there's a whole freaking forum for fanart. My bad.

Damn, that pretty much kicks ass :o:up:

It's a great drawing, but other than the fact he is red, how is that DD?

A friend of mine and I duel it out from time to time by creating challenges for each other. This one was to draw a superhero in a different time period. His was I think Marvel Knights in the wild west... or something of that nature.

Mine is Daredevil. As a samurai. Highly appropriate I think :yay:.

samuraidd.jpg

Let me know what you guys think.

edit:
Sorry didn't realize there's a whole freaking forum for fanart. My bad.
nice very nice:ninja:

I don't particularly care for samurai nor DD, but it IS a nice drawing. Grood job.

I think it is a great drawing. A nice peice of artwork and to be honest, I wold consider buying a painting done in that style if it was that good.

It's a great drawing, but other than the fact he is red, how is that DD?

the twin d's wouldn't work for a japanese version of DD would it what kind of insignia WOULD he use?:ninja:

Maybe something else like some horns on a samurai helmet and/or a blindfold or something else obscuring his vision.

To address the "How is this DD?" question.

I guess you have to take it on faith.
I used the red to bridge DD with Samurai DD. Originally I wanted to put a samurai helmet on him. THAT would have had horns on it. But I eventually rejected the idea because I wanted him to wear a bandanna/mask get up.

The problem is... DareDEVIL? I'm not sure that the "DEVIL" as we know it existed in Japan in feudal times. So he's not really DD. Just the character that's based on him. He would naturally be blind. And he would be a martial artist. And he'd fight ninjas. But it's not like he'd be a lawyer with super senses or anything like that.

So basically, he's DD because I say he's DD :)

The artwork and subject matter are both excellent. Bravo

I actually really like it. Even if it's hard to see the DD in there, it doesn't take away from just how well done it was. Unless you were portraying a unicorn, then we'd be having a different discussion.

Basically to me that's just a drawin of Ogun.
To be fair it's a good drawing. But it aint Daredevil.

I pretty much said it wasn't Daredevil as we know it, but a character based on him.

To address the "How is this DD?" question.

I guess you have to take it on faith.
I used the red to bridge DD with Samurai DD. Originally I wanted to put a samurai helmet on him. THAT would have had horns on it. But I eventually rejected the idea because I wanted him to wear a bandanna/mask get up.

The problem is... DareDEVIL? I'm not sure that the "DEVIL" as we know it existed in Japan in feudal times. So he's not really DD. Just the character that's based on him. He would naturally be blind. And he would be a martial artist. And he'd fight ninjas. But it's not like he'd be a lawyer with super senses or anything like that.

So basically, he's DD because I say he's DD :)

That is a really great job you did there. The only ting is that I always thought of DD as a Ninja ore than a samurai.

That is a really great job you did there. The only ting is that I always thought of DD as a Ninja ore than a samurai.

What form of martial arts does Murdock use anyway? Or is it a combination? I've never thought about it before.

matt is whats called an eclectic martial artist he combines different styles to his advantage

matt is whats called an eclectic martial artist he combines different styles to his advantage

Yah. The main styles I know that he combined are Boxing,Aikido, and Ninjitsu along with various other styles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kimcity
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"