San Diego Comic-Con 2010!

I have to fly back to Geneva on Sunday so I thought I would skip the last day.

People, people, people. I am freaking out. Is there anyway to get four day passes for 2010? Obviously they are sold out. Is my best bet to wait and hope Comic-Con eBay's them again? I'm debating about purchasing Day 1 & Day 4 passes but I really want to go the whole week. What should I do?!?!

Comic-Con eBays tickets? I didn't think they would.

Currently only Thursday and Sunday are available. You won't be able to buy tickets from anyone who already has them because you have to show a valid id as proof of purchase when you get there. Everyone has until some time in June to return tickets for a full refund, but I'm not sure how you'd get your hands on one of those.

Comic-Con eBays tickets? I didn't think they would.

Currently only Thursday and Sunday are available. You won't be able to buy tickets from anyone who already has them because you have to show a valid id as proof of purchase when you get there. Everyone has until some time in June to return tickets for a full refund, but I'm not sure how you'd get your hands on one of those.

Do you think it is even worth it to go on Thursday and Sunday? I live about fourty-five minutes away so I don't need a hotel or anything. But from my previous knowledge I know there is not a lot going on those days, so idk if it would be worth it.

And I know that last year Comic-Con actually put up tickets on their eBay account near the actual date of Comic-Con 2009. They sold out in minutes a day lol.

That makes sense. Probably selling off all the tickets that were refunded. Good luck getting those.

Since you live so close, it's probably at least worth going Thursday. That way you can get a feel for what it's like. I know I wish I had gone Thursday last time because I missed great panels like Psych, Burn Notice, and Doctor Who.

If you want to get good deals on stuff to buy, then Sunday is good too. I think the panels only run half a day, and the booths try to clear out their inventory by slashing prices.

For those with iPhones, Comic-Con has a free app. It's telling me there are 216 days left. It alsohas maps, news, and program info (still last year's).

These are the room details by the way:

Concierge level, Guest room, 1 King or 2 Double, Bay view, South Tower

And the Special Benefits are:
This room features Concierge lounge access Open: Mon-Fri Closed: Weekends
Complimentary food: - Continental breakfast - hors d'oeuvres
Complimentary non-alcoholic beverages
2 floors overlooking San Diego Bay
Attentive seasoned staff
Key access

The room costs for the 4 nights including taxes about $2k. I will accept significantly less if I am successful at getting a room in the Hilton or upgrading to a suite.

I have now reserved the following room in the Hilton:

Room Type: Coronado/Bay View 1 King Large Corner Room
Arrival: July 21, 2010
Number Of Nights: 4
Persons Per Room: 1
Departure: July 25, 2010

With a request of an upgrade to a suite.

Therefore my room which I quoted in the Marriott is up for grabs. If I do not get any interesting offers (and I mean $100 would not be an interesting offer), I will just pay for both and use either one or the other depending on which is more convenient.

Whoever is interested contact me.

I'm staying at the Westin Gaslamp at Horton Plaza this year, a 7 block walk from the convention centre. Which should be fun to do while dressed as Green Lantern...

I was hoping that we could organise a get together for the SHH attendees. This will be my first time attending such an event and I will be travelling by myself (somehow the fiancée was not interested).

I will probably not be dressed any different then I do usually.

For those with iPhones, Comic-Con has a free app. It's telling me there are 216 days left. It alsohas maps, news, and program info (still last year's).

Only thing I can see is how many days left. Though there was an update I got today so I'm guessing they took out the 2009 info and have yet to put in the new info? I got the app a few days ago but today was the first time I used it.

I got the same result....it seems to just be a timer for now

Yeah, it's only the timer at the moment. News and such for 2010 won't come out for a while still.

I have now reserved the following room in the Hilton:

Room Type: Coronado/Bay View 1 King Large Corner Room
Arrival: July 21, 2010
Number Of Nights: 4
Persons Per Room: 1
Departure: July 25, 2010

With a request of an upgrade to a suite.

Therefore my room which I quoted in the Marriott is up for grabs. If I do not get any interesting offers (and I mean $100 would not be an interesting offer), I will just pay for both and use either one or the other depending on which is more convenient.

Whoever is interested contact me.

Not even $100 a night? ;)

I'm staying at the Westin Gaslamp at Horton Plaza this year, a 7 block walk from the convention centre. Which should be fun to do while dressed as Green Lantern...

That looks pretty nice. And the price seems right too. Hmm...

I was hoping that we could organise a get together for the SHH attendees. This will be my first time attending such an event and I will be travelling by myself (somehow the fiancée was not interested).

I will probably not be dressed any different then I do usually.

So you will be wearing a Hulk costume I assume?

Yeah, I checked a map. And the rooms look nice. I wonder what their refund policy, and parking price, is. Because the website says $149 a night, and I think I can swing that.

Not even $100 a night? ;)

This is not an answer but what I stated was $100 total would be to ridiculous. $400 is closer to what I would consider but not quite there. Wieg make me your best offer if interested and I am sure we will find an agreement. Don't forget that you are on the Concierge level with access to the lounge.

The reality is it is ridiculous that I cannot cancel the room in the Marriot and that I am paying for both rooms. I would like to recoup some of my losses if possible but only if it makes sense.

yeah, that's bull you can't get a refund.

Do you happen to know how much parking is and if it's still available?

The only issue I have is that I'm arriving a day before, and leaving a day after you are. Not a problem for Sunday, really. I could just stay the night at the place I was at last year. It's less than an hour from the convention, and on my way home anyway. I guess I could do the same Tuesday night if the Marriot lets me check in (or at least park) Wednesday morning.

Interesting. San Diego's contract with Comic-Con ends in 2012, and other cities are bidding on the event. Probably won't amount to anything though, but there are worries that the convention center is maxing out in capacity.

It would be a shame to see Comic-Con leave San Diego, with all the history it has there.

There's a real fear that if LA gets it, the studios will get power over everything.

Las Vegas is bidding for it as well. They certainly have the size (and having just come back from there, I can attest that they need the business). But I think the Vegas nightlife would conflict with the nature of the Con.

San Diego is perfect, the small size is what makes it unique. It is hilarious to see everyone walking around.

And ohh yahh, I STILL NEED TICKETS!!

San Diego is perfect, the small size is what makes it unique. It is hilarious to see everyone walking around.

And ohh yahh, I STILL NEED TICKETS!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"