Stargate SG-1/Atlantis/Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you had never seen Stargate SG:1 or Atlantis and jumped into "Universe" You wouldn't understand Jackson appearing or Jack or little continuity nods.

Probably because Eureka appeals to a more general audience. Whereas SG and BSG appeal to mainly just scifi or franchise fans.

ok and that means what? are their social schedules so busy that they can't tune in on a different night??

ok and that means what? are their social schedules so busy that they can't tune in on a different night??

Pretty much.

Or, to say it another way, it's easier to keep up viewship during moves when you appeal to a wider demo of audience, and can absorb drops from people DVR or streaming because of the change. If your show targets a narrow demographic, then gets moved against something that competes against the same demo, your going to take a bigger hit than a show with a larger demographic moving.

I fell into that category. Last season, I always looked forward to watching SGU on Friday. But this season, I'd always forget SGU was on because I was watching NCIS. About 20 minutes in, this thread would pop up and I'd curse myself for missing the episode again.

It also helps when you're not moved against the #1 and #2 scripted shows on television.

Last edited:
Pretty much.

Or, to say it another way, it's easier to keep up viewship during moves when you appeal to a wider demo of audience, and can absorb drops from people DVR or streaming because of the change. If your show targets a narrow demographic, then gets moved against something that competes against the same demo, your going to take a bigger hit than a show with a larger demographic moving.

I fell into that category. Last season, I always looked forward to watching SGU on Friday. But this season, I'd always forget SGU was on because I was watching NCIS. About 20 minutes in, this thread would pop up and I'd curse myself for missing the episode again.

It also helps when you're not moved against the #1 and #2 scripted shows on television.

this is EXACTLY what i've been saying since it was said the ratings had plummeted....

You know what I'm in the mood for?

kw1hs.jpg

;)

Midway was on this afternoon.....and honestly, as much as I love Teal'c, I think Ronon could take him

Midway was on this afternoon.....and honestly, as much as I love Teal'c, I think Ronon could take him

lets be honest... no one on Atlantis could take anyone from SG1... Even walter would thump Ronon

Walter would piss himself if Ronan came after him :p

Or he'd press that red button and hope the blast doors came down in time.

Last edited:
and the actor that plays Walter is usually the funniest guy at conventions

soo since all of SG-1 and SGA are available on Watch Instant, Ive been watching some chunks that I missed and the Lucien Alliance are f****rs

I guess at most we will get a rebooted show down the line as MGM owns Stargate & none of these people or Channels & Networks

Or some other medium for the show to survive like web comics or animated movies(which will probably be a little cheaper)

:whatever:

A animated movie would be cool{as long as it's better than Stargate Infinity of course:D}

Speaking of which, does anyone know if Dynomite is going to release the Vala and Daniel Jackson comics in trade paperback form?

I really enjoyed the show for what it was, a true spin off from the SG norm with a different direction and angle.

I'm not saying the show had it's share of problems, but it's sad to see people completely rubbish it.

newb to this thread. I've got a question.

Why did the Stargate mythos warrant a series going with different direction and a different angle?

Just because?

I mean, if you've got a decent fanbase with a certain style of show, why roll the dice with something that is pretty much COMPLETELY different?

I've watched 4 episodes of Universe, and those 4 have to some of my least favorite Stargate shows of all time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"