Stargate SG-1/Atlantis/Universe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brad Wright is apparently in talks with MGM atm to see how they could continue the SGU story...so we could actually have the story continue in some way, shape or form....

They also said they wanted to continue SGA and make more SG-1 movies, but we all see how that turned out. Here's hoping though.

Roland Emmerich was talking about continuing the story of Stargate from the original movie. Since he doesn't consider the tv shows cannon I was wondering how he would dissociate his movies and inform the public this was the actual cannon especially with the tv version of Stargate still on. Now that Stargate has been canceled completely from tv does anyone the Emmerich may try to finish his Stargate trilogy?

there is absolutley NO WAY he could disassociate the original from the 15 YEARS of tv series between SG-1 and SGA

he doesn't consider it 'canon'.....:whatever:

more power to him if he can get another channel to pick it up.....but I wonder who would

there is absolutley NO WAY he could disassociate the original from the 15 YEARS of tv series between SG-1 and SGA

he doesn't consider it 'canon'.....:whatever:

They certainly could!!!! going back to Kurt Russel and Spader would be beyond awesome! The 15 years of material, still don't hold a candle to that first movie... the only thing that they profited from was a 'bigger' story... not better.

Kurt Russell you could get, James Spader....no...not in a million years

oh come on...Star Trek came back as a movie years after the show was cancelled...I don't see why SG1 can't return with a big screen movie. I can guarantee it will make more than Serenity.

A theatrical Stargate continuation is very, very doubtful. But this bit of info did come from producer Joseph Mallozzi's blog.

Joseph Mallozzi said:
It’s hard to say no to a job because it’s always great to be employed. Especially if you know, like and respect the people you’ll be working with, and love the material you’ll be working on. Which brings me to a conversation I had with Stargate Creator/Showrunner/Executive Producer/Writer Brad Wright today. Alas, no details to offer (yet!) but suffice it to say he’s battling hard to ensure the franchise (that’s SG-1, Atlantis, and SGU) lives on and that the season two finale of Universe, “Gauntlet”, will not be the end. He’s adopted a clever two-pronged approach that, if successful, will see our awesome crew back at work next year. Nothing is guaranteed, but it’s great to hear he’s got a plan to make it happen. And, for the sake of the many, many Stargate fans out there, I really hope he succeeds.

oh come on...Star Trek came back as a movie years after the show was cancelled...I don't see why SG1 can't return with a big screen movie. I can guarantee it will make more than Serenity.

The difference is that Star Trek had 40 years to integrate itself into the culture so that even people who never watched Star Trek knew the references like "Beam me up Scotty."

The difference is that Star Trek had 40 years to integrate itself into the culture so that even people who never watched Star Trek knew the references like "Beam me up Scotty."
And, this is coming from someone who likes both, Stargate doesn't have any of those kind references that people, movies, comics, novels, music to use, unlike Star Trek. The only thing, normal everyday people know about Stargate is Macgyver is in it. Well, was in it.

I guess at most we will get a rebooted show down the line as MGM owns Stargate & none of these people or Channels & Networks

i have to admit i never really say a SGA movie going ahead as at least 'Sheppard' had made comments about never coming back after the way they were treated....

i have to admit i never really say a SGA movie going ahead as at least 'Sheppard' had made comments about never coming back after the way they were treated....

I have a if SGU goes down then so does everything the fans love with Stargate goes down when it comes to the current TPTB. I will not be watching anything on TV in the future with these ****ers name on it

I think you're right BL. I want to actually look forward to watching SG again. A few years break and we'll all be anticipating a new show like it's christmas.

Brad Wright is apparently in talks with MGM atm to see how they could continue the SGU story...so we could actually have the story continue in some way, shape or form....

It helps that one of the guys in charge of MGM is a huge Stargate fan. :)

grrr...why is it two decent sci fi franchises (BSG and Stargate) can't just admit that their last 2 attempts (Caprica, SGU) were utter failures and just move on??

seriously

grrr...why is it two decent sci fi franchises (BSG and Stargate) can't just admit that their last 2 attempts (Caprica, SGU) were utter failures and just move on??

seriously

The DVR numbers were actually pretty high. So, if failed in terms of live TV...but in actual viewership it was successful. It's just too bad we are all bound to the ancient, outdated Nielson system. :/

but there are other shows on Syfy (Eureka being a prime example) that have moved multiple times and kept their audience

but there are other shows on Syfy (Eureka being a prime example) that have moved multiple times and kept their audience

Probably because Eureka appeals to a more general audience. Whereas SG and BSG appeal to mainly just scifi or franchise fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"