Sandman Indestructible?

R

Ronster82

This is based off of the movie Sandman and not the comic book Sandman. and I searched the forums and wasn't able to find anything else on this matter.

After paying more attention to Sandman's ability's after watching the movie on dvd I came to the conclusion that Sandman is indestructible. A few examples to back this up: He was vaporized into thin air (or sand particles), He was what you would think drowned to death, and he was obliterated by fire (or Harry's pumpkin bombs). Yet every single time he managed to come back. I actually see him now as more of a spirit or essence that has the ability to posses sand. So as soon as you destroy the sand he is possessing, he will just go about finding more sand to make up is physical being.

So at the end of the movie even if Spider-Man still tried to stop him, what could he do? I mean Sandman could easily just slip away in a wind of dust.

In theory I think the only way you could actually stop Sandman is to get rid of all the sand on the earth, or in other words Destroy the Earth.

Any Comments?

This is based off of the movie Sandman and not the comic book Sandman. and I searched the forums and wasn't able to find anything else on this matter.

After paying more attention to Sandman's ability's after watching the movie on dvd I came to the conclusion that Sandman is indestructible. A few examples to back this up: He was vaporized into thin air (or sand particles), He was what you would think drowned to death, and he was obliterated by fire (or Harry's pumpkin bombs). Yet every single time he managed to come back. I actually see him now as more of a spirit or essence that has the ability to posses sand......
Uh.....Immeidatly when I read that I thought of Ultimate Doc Ock

Yea you know that whole magneto powered Doc Ock thing, its similiar to what this guy is saying. Instead of Sandman not being sand, hes actually a spirit, that can probably choose to posses anything, he just chooses sand.

Yea you know that whole magneto powered Doc Ock thing, its similiar to what this guy is saying. Instead of Sandman not being sand, hes actually a spirit, that can probably choose to posses anything, he just chooses sand.

Oh right. LOL! Spirit of possessing sand reminding you of Ock really threw me.

Isn't Sandman indestructible in the comics too? Even after he "died" from Venom's bite (which made absolutely no sense), he still managed to reform himself.

Can't you just superheat him and shatter him as glass?

Find a special Oscorp created ray gun which can demolecuarlize sand and shoot it at Sandman...

or trap him in concrete... :p

Concrete and then crush him there...
I would have to agree. Concrete would work great. As for fire, if you heat Sand it will turn like glass, but as GGVenomSandman said, he would just reform himself. One thing does pop into my head when I think about that though, what if Sandman got caught on fire and his whole body turned to glass? Sure if Spidey hit him, then he would just reform again, but when Sandman is all glass Spidey could poor concrete onto him.

Originally posted by Blader5489
Isn't Sandman indestructible in the comics too? Even after he "died" from Venom's bite (which made absolutely no sense), he still managed to reform himself.
Yeah, pretty much. He's been hit with water, bit by Venom, etc. He still manages to recover from it. It pretty much only lasts temporarily.

^^^^ He'll probably reform and then slither through the cracks in the concrete.

You would have to heat up his entire body adn then when it turns into glass, put it into a cooling box of some sort, to keep it frozen.

I think the only reason Sandman was able to regrow his arm, is because he was a giant, and there was plenty of sand lying around at the location.

Say this happened in some lab or somewhere where there wasn't sand around, I don't think he'd be able to reform.

You would have to heat up his entire body adn then when it turns into glass, put it into a cooling box of some sort, to keep it frozen.

And by the time someone does it, he or she will ask himself or herself, "Why did I do this again?"

Nobody ever said the way to defeat a comic book villian would be practical.

^^^ One thing that always bugged me, it SHOULD be practical. I mean, I understand DC Comics that start out with fake cities, but like Marvel, who used real surroundings, at least make it more real than others.

Well the most practical way of doing it, is to battle Sandman in a bakery or a kitchen of some sort.

But think about how much sand would get into the food. :(

Yeah there's always the whole scenario where the hero goes and talks to a sorcerer to find out that to destroy the sand man, he must go on a quest around the world to Africa where he would have find some magic potion so that he could trade it to a monk in china to receive special protein's that gives him extra super strength so that he can then procede to rip a duplicate of excalibur out of the stone, in which he can smiteth a very powerful dragon who happens to share it's heart with sandman.

Yeah something like that would always work.:whatever:

maybe if his whole entire body was fire heated into glass he would be stopped, and the same goes for getting mixed and dried up in concrete, only 2logical ways to defeat him. obviously if he was sucked up into a vaccuum cleaner he would just reform inside of it, lol. although if he was super heated into glass, if it was shattered would he be able to reform still? i figure he would be technically dead after a few minutes as glass. when he was big and his arm was shattered, as large as he was, he could have reformed it and slightly decreased in size. if there was no sand around he would probably just keep getting smaller and smaller

Vaporize the sand. Also, I just realized that in SM-3, the ending should have been Peter telling Sandman "I forgive you" and then kicking him into some sort of QUEST LABS SAND VAPORIZING experiment, because he is shown in the movie to be too powerful and he had to be stopped, regardless of whether Spiderman forgave him or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"