Arrow Sara & the Lazarus Pit

ZIPBAGS

Sidekick
Reaction score
Let me start this off by saying I know this will not be how it works. But....

We assume one of the group takes Sara to the Lazarus pit to be resurrected. But, she has been dead almost a year. In what would be a better tie in to "Legends of Tomorrow". We could have Rip Hunter take her body soon after she was killed and bring her to the pit. Saying we still have a need for her.

I think the whole point of John Constantine being there is to somehow bring her body to the point of pre-decomposition and the Pit will do the rest.

Except it's not an assumption, it's a fact. The upcoming episode summaries say
Laurel
takes Sara to the pit.

I think the whole point of John Constantine being there is to somehow bring her body to the point of pre-decomposition and the Pit will do the rest.

But Sara's resurrection happens in Episode 3. And Constantine was planned to appear in Episode 4, though now it's Episode 5. So the writers are going at it with a "Ah, f**k it, nobody's gonna care." attitude.

But Sara's resurrection happens in Episode 3. And Constantine was planned to appear in Episode 4, though now it's Episode 5. So the writers are going at it with a "Ah, f**k it, nobody's gonna care." attitude.

Pretty sure he was always going to be in the 5th episode they just filmed his episode before they filmed the 4th episode and that's where people got confused and thought it was the 4th episode.

Reading more Episode descriptions, looks like I was jumping the gun a bit. So Laurel brings Sara to Nanda Parbat in Episode 3, but she won't be resurrected until Episode 5, when Constantine shows up to assist.

I wonder what the cost will be to bring Sara back. Didn't Constantine say every magic has a cost? He traded in years of his life, when he was bringing someone temporarily back from the dead, to get some information. Restoring a body that has been rotting for a year, probably won't be such a simple task.

Matt Ryan (Constantine) is doing a play in NYC. That is probably why they moved up filming his episode.

Why has Laurel only now suddenly had the idea to bring Sara to the Lazarus Pit when she could've done so all this time before? Did it only just dawn on her that this is a thing she could try? And why wouldn't Ollie have suggested this before? Or Thea for that matter, since she's been in there herself?

Now, would Sara suffer the same drawbacks as Thea coming back from the pits? (increase aggression, etc)

Apparently Sara will still be dealing with the repercussions of the lazarus pit when she joins the LoT team.

Why has Laurel only now suddenly had the idea to bring Sara to the Lazarus Pit when she could've done so all this time before? Did it only just dawn on her that this is a thing she could try? And why wouldn't Ollie have suggested this before? Or Thea for that matter, since she's been in there herself?

I believe so far she doesn't know about the Lazarus pit.

I don't know. I think during the 6 months, it would have come up why Thea got taken to Nanda Parbat and suddenly got better. But we all know the real reason. The writers realized too late that they ****ed up by killing a fan favorite and the better of the two Canaries.

I believe so far she doesn't know about the Lazarus pit.

But Ollie and Thea know about it, so they could've suggested it. Merlyn knows about it too, and could've brought Sara there to atone for her death (if he were truly sorry about it and wanted to make amends). Why did he want her dead in the first place anyway?

I doubt that Oliver would have suggested it (given that he's aware of it's "side-effects." Thea might, but maybe she just doesn't want to have to deal with Malcolm again (since he's now running the LOA and presumably controls access to the pit).

I think that using Constantine to try and help manage/deal with the "side-effects" could be an interesting way to go.

Well Malcolm is still controlling access to the pit, so how does Sara get in there now? And it seems unreasonable for Malcolm to say "No, Sara stays dead, but others get a free dip in the pool."

Malcolm must owe a few favours to various people by now.

I didn't say that. I said that Thea might not suggest the idea to Laurel because SHE doesn't want to deal with him. My theory is that this plays into Oliver's deal with Malcolm at the end of last season somehow.

I don't know. I think during the 6 months, it would have come up why Thea got taken to Nanda Parbat and suddenly got better. But we all know the real reason. The writers realized too late that they ****ed up by killing a fan favorite and the better of the two Canaries.
They didn't.

God bless you! God bless everyone in your life!

From what I remember last season, they said that the pit could only heal, not actually bring them back.

As far as I remember, Laurel doesn't know yet it can be done. Nyssa would know, but as the producers said, she is against it because of the side effects (or some other reason, I only remember she doesn't want to put Sara there) so that's probably why she didn't suggest it.

I don't think Malcon would want to bring back someone he ordered to kill who is a great assassin when he knows the pit makes whoever takes a dip even more dangerous.

My guess, and I'm speculating, is that they will bring up the issue about Thea's side effects, and only then Laurel will know about the pit. Since she and Diggle doesn't really think Thea is changed as a side effect and just think she's a little agressive because she just started on this vigilant life (at least that is what Diggle thinks, and I would think he and Laurel would share similar opinions) she will want to take Sara there as soon as she finds out about it.

Last edited:
Tonight's episode established that Laurel DIDN'T know about Thea being resurrected, which is why the prospect of resurrecting Sara hasn't been brought up until now.

I suspect what it will turn out to be is "they throw Sara in, she resurrects *really bad*, John Constantine is needed to fix the consequences."

I hope so.

Side note: I'm not sure how I feel about Laurel being the one to decide to use the Pit to ressurect Sara. I understand the temptation, but I feel like she should know better.

Last edited:
Not just her, Thea too.

all they had to do was find the corpse of NOT RAS and ressurect him in a CAGE while being BOUND in GORILLA GLUE ...then all thea had to do was shoot him in the head...
but thats just me and my solution .
since we dont know what happened to his body :woot: but it has to turn up right ??

UNLESS when he did the SWAN DIVE he had a vial with him ???

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"