Tiny terrier saved kids from pit bulls

That's Jack Russells for you, they think they are 10 feet tall and made of diamond. They will take on anything.

Sorry to hear it got euthanised.
Think of it as a Viking funeral for a brave dog.
underdog.jpg

...a cat would've done the same thing....for a price

Sorry, I don't buy that. Animals aren't mean and aggressive just because. I have friends who raise WOLVES and they're sweet, gentle animals. Animals get mean because they are taught to be that way.

It's well known that there are a lot of people who buy pitbulls and rottweillers with the intent of making them aggressive and mean. They do it with those dogs because they have such a powerful, damaging bite. I've also seen it done with German Shepards and dobermans. I grew up around German Shepards. They aren't mean and aggressive (unless someone is trespassing and that's a territorial issue) in the least....unless they are TAUGHT to be that way. In fact, I grew up in a ranch environment surrounded by animals (many kinds of dogs, cats, horses, cattle, goats, sheep, etc.). I've only seen one animal in all my life that was just a mean and aggressive animal for no damn reason and he was an Arabian stallion. Are you going to now tell me that Arabians are just aggressive and mean by nature? I've spent a lot of time around a lot of different breeds of dogs, including pit bulls and rotties, and they're no more aggressive than any other breed, much less in many instances. I know of more people who have been bitten by golden retrievers than I do pit bulls. Don't believe all the media hype about pit bulls being naturally mean and aggressive.

jag

I agree with what you said...I actually had dog who was half wolf and half husky "Niko"....I was only in my preschool years and he was the sweetest dog, we would play all the time and he had never ever even snarled at anyone.....one night though my brother came home late one night and didn't have his key and of course didn't want to wake up my parents......so he snuck in through the window and Niko bit him on the arm....my parents didn't trust him with me after that.....

Of course the obvious reason why Rottweillers, Pitbulls, and Boxers get much more attention is that their attacks are typically more vicious because they have such strong bites......

I was attacked by a dog when I was six....I was swimming at the beach....which was common practice since we had a cottage right next to the water.....there was this little path where visitors could come to the beach and swim if they wanted to....which was always great because that usually meant there would be other kids to play with....so this family came one day with their dog....I was already out in the water and it was a bit shallow because of low tide........I knew them because they had came by before and I had played with their little girl, who was my age, several times .....so I obviously got excited and started running in from the water....well for some reason their dog decided I was a threat....and came charging into the water after me.....it didn't take him long to catch up to me and push me down and under the water......between the continuous bites to my face, hands, and arms and having being dunked in the water gasping for air I finally lucked out by the dog's owner pulling him off me....I remember getting up from the water and a small red discoloration in the water around me....I ended up walking back to my house....which my mother was surprised to see me like I was......I ended up wearing an eye patch all summer because that damn dog bit me right along the side of my right eye........anyway.....that dog was the ever loving....

Saint Bernard
saint_bernard_w.jpg

Luckily most of my scars have faded over the years....but you can still see a small car starting from the corner of my right eye....

Most people are terrified of my dogs ( I have 4 pretty big Golden Retrievers ) because when people walk through my front door they always jump on them so they can get close enough to lick the person's face, I always get a good lauch when I watch my friends run around my house trying to avoid my dogs.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"