Say hello to our next president...

And whom would you prefer? That young, inexperienced black twit who will probably end up being the Dems' candidate?
Over the dude that called Jerry Falwell a "dangerous demi-god" and then made nice-nice with him before the Primaries? Hells yeah.

Obama is a loser who is ONLY popular because he's young and black. I'm sorry, but it's true. He has no good ideas, and the one's he has are frankly horrible and terrifying.

People who vote for him because he's black are as bad as people who WOULDN'T vote for him because he's black.

People who vote for him because he's black are as bad as people who WOULDN'T vote for him because he's black.

I definitely agree. Same thing as people who would vote for Hillary just because she's a woman.

I agree, jman. I would have no problems voting for Hillary if her policies and ideals were in line with mine. Most of the people I know who talk about "change" are really basing it on superficialities; a woman or a black man instead of a white man. I'm sorry, but face the fact that this too is a form of racism.

One of my uncles is voting for McCain simply because he's a war vet.

Obama is a loser who is ONLY popular because he's young and black. I'm sorry, but it's true. He has no good ideas, and the one's he has are frankly horrible and terrifying.

Actually, I liked him prior to the election when I read his book about 2 yrs ago. Very down to earth.

I agree wholeheartedly...He is a good public speaker and thats really it. He doesnt make me believe he can be President....and I am a black man

One of my uncles is voting for McCain simply because he's a war vet.

Being a war vet, in some respects, would be a reason to vote for McCain. We're in the midst of a war, and you'd need someone with expertise on that field to either lead us to victory or get us out. I know a lot of people who would vote for McCain because he has had experience in the military. Similarly, I know a lot of people who won't vote for Obama because he lacks that experience.

So voting for McCain because he's a vet is probably better than voting for a woman or a black man. If your uncle voted for McCain because he was old, that may be a stupid reason.

I'm really pleased to hear that, BlackLantern. I'd have no problem with having a black U.S. President one day, but in all honesty, it doesn't matter to me. If the man is competent, has policies in line with my own, and gets the job done, then frankly it doesn't matter what the color of his skin is. Or hers. ;)

Actually, I liked him prior to the election when I read his book about 2 yrs ago. Very down to earth.

Funny, I liked him before the election, then started to dislike him after he got into the race.

Conversely, I used to loathe Hillary, but then started to like her after she got into the race.

Hmmm.

Obama simply isn't qualified.....and none of these candidates make me believe

Obama simply isn't qualified.....and none of these candidates make me believe
How qualified was Bush? Shmoosing with Saudi's? Bankrupting companies? I'm still amazing this guy got elected.

Funny, I liked him before the election, then started to dislike him after he got into the race.

Conversely, I used to loathe Hillary, but then started to like her after she got into the race.

Hmmm.

Obama thinks he's been running for President since the moment he was elected to the Senate, lol.

How qualified was Bush? Shmoosing with Saudi's? Bankrupting companies? I'm still amazing this guy got elected.

I said nothing about our current Pres....I was merely commenting on one of the candidates running..or my opinion thereof

I can't vote, so my opinion is baseless, but I really like Obama. I feel the safest with him. I think Hilary will be far too devisive and McCain will just drag on the war even longer. I also researched and agree with most of his policies.

My only qualm is, and I'm saying this is as someone who's vehemently against racism, that if Obama's elected, there's a chance he'll be taken advantage of (for lack of a better term) by guys like Sharpton and Jackson, both of whom I can't stand for the life of me.

I said nothing about our current Pres....I was merely commenting on one of the candidates running..or my opinion thereof

Yeah, it's kind of funny how people INSIST on drawing comparisons back to Bush.

He got elected by manipulating Christianity and coming across as more human than Gore. Oh, and he cheated.

Because we will be falling for a novelty act with no real substance...which is what Obama is. He is a 5 dollar Rolex on a street in Manhattan

To each his own.

That being said, Obama is going to take this IMO. Just watch.

To each his own.

That being said, Obama is going to take this IMO. Just watch.

If he does a nice chunk of the world is going to lose even more respect for us. People of dark skin are still considered "less than" in parts of the United States and the world

Please don't tell me you really believe that.

No, I don't, but I don't think his won was entirely legit, either. I really think the Electoral College needs to be done away with sooner or later. It contradicts with the very idea of Democracy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"