Scarecrow mask help!!!

Would anyone still be interested in buying one of these? I can make some if theres enough interest

Here's mine, which I wore initially at a horror con in October '05 and then used it for the next Halloween as well, heh.

2007_0307Image0016.jpg

The burlap is a bit itchy, but not terrible. I also installed a voice changer in the mask to give myself a deeper, raspier sound (it worked..okay, heh) and I turned one of these -

product1_8501.jpg

into a fear gas sprayer. I painted it black, replaced the silly string with an aerosal air freshner (my fear gas was pine fresh!), flipped it upside down so that it fired when I clenched my fist instead of the Spidey motion, and slid it up my jacket sleeve.

Needs some shadowing/paint job

Sorry for the necro post, but I am working on a Yellow Lantern Scarecrow and this thread seems to be a great start.

I have to ask one thing.
TylerHaslett said he would post a tut and never did. Did he make his own thread?

Sorry about the double post, but i wanted to come in and post what I have done with my mask and stuff.

5fm0yx.jpg

30bk4zm.jpg

Remember....I am not going for a movie style costume. I am going for a Yellow Lantern one.

Ok...maybe movie style once in a while

tasbd3.jpg

Love your badge. Any chance you could send me a copy of it or scan of it?

A couple more pics for you guys
scare2.jpg

scarecrow1.jpg

scare4.jpg

Most impressive!!!!!!!! Like this good man said however with his wonderful costume, it's best that you make it or pay someone to make it for you; it'd look more realistic and faithful to the movie and comic books. Which ever approach works for you. :yay:

I had a straight jacket maker, custom make a jacket based on the touring pics that have been seen on the net. If anyone is interested feel free to pm me. Its fully functional.

Thanks for the pics AZSpidey.

The mask pictured in AZSpideys posts is one that I did a few years back for Begins. I sold them on a few forums and mainly ebay.
They're made from burlap, twine, rope, thick gauge metal wire, superglue, black and brown acrylic, and square leather laces for the mouth. All materials for these except for the noose rope, can be obtained at walmart (where I got the materials for mine back when).
Takes about 2 days per mask. If anyone is interested, I can post up a tutorial on how to make your own. Here are a few pics for right now.
The weathering is indeed acrylic as someone mentioned. I slightly watered down some black and weathered the eyes with that, "painting" it on the burlap directly.
Then with a brush and water I wetted the black outwards giving it the appropriate look. I did that for the brown as well, with a mixture of thick and thin acrylics to get the overall look. Doing that process leaves the entire mask damp so it has to dry overnight, and by the next day the colors have naturally seeped where I wanted them to go. By using different layers of black and brown for everything but the eyes, as well as adjusting how much water, the weathering was controlled (since I was making alot).

YBandFriends038.jpg

a2ndScare002.jpg

Yellowbastard010.jpg

The pics here with the suit top are of the very first mask I did, which I made templates from to make all the others.

ScarecrowTOYCOLLECTION002.jpg

ScarecrowTOYCOLLECTION004.jpg

Thanks
Tyler
this is amazazing >:)

Have not check this topic in a while. The scarecrow costume is not mine, but a friends so I cant give full details on it because I simply did not make it. His mask is a weathered Tyler Haslett mask and his straight jacket was simply two dresses stitched together and then weather up. Heres another pic from comic con this summer.
l_aa953cf5e89f291f451efc85ad751d54.jpg

I also designed a fear toxin sprayer for him that you can see up his sleeve. It used the little axe bullets.
l_50bc5f47492343b50993af21c8078aa4.jpg
would you mind elaborating on the wrist sprayer? i think i have a pretty good idea but mine is a bit archaic

I think someone shoukd make an Arkham Asylum Scarecrow mask with the glowing yellow eyes, you know.

also I'd prefer Burlap rather than some Latex junk.

thanks for the posting of my pics, that was my older versions. here is my newer versions (not selling these through this site)

8029_4400396209899_1721336489_n.jpg
534767_4400402330052_1195946816_n.jpg
488055_4322914672909_344331914_n.jpg
574832_4322914112895_875343166_n.jpg

488026_4441149188698_1373690095_n.jpg

the pictures were sent in to my be customers. the picture of the bane and batman with the scarecrow mask i did, i believe the Bane costume guy is a member of these boards.

again, please dont pm me asking to buy these here, i wont do any sales via these boards. Thanks! tyler

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"