The Dark Knight Scenes that reminded you of Tim Burton's Batman

I Am The Bat

The Night is Mine!!!
Reaction score
This is the Spoilers thread so I'm not going to use Spoilers tags so this sentence is your only warning.

Was it just me or did a portion of the movie remind you of the 89 Batman flick?

Seriously, the street scene.......If he had pulled out a large gun it would have been okay with me.

And the last fight. Ya, people fight at the top of buildings, but still. There was something about the laugh, the colors, the feel of those two scenes in-particular that made me feel like it was a throw-back to Burton.

Also regarding the '89 version. The scene when Batman was going after the Joker in the Batwing, do you think that it was the same point Nolan was getting across in this film. That Batman doesn't kill?

All the scenes with Joker and Batman in them in general..........Burton's movie had Joker and Batman in it too........Nolan's a character thief

After TDK, we need never speak of Nicholson Joker again.

Ledger was *****ing brilliant.

The street scene (C'mon, on meh) and the Joker mumbling to himself while the Batman is coming at him.

Also when Joker is falling kinda reminded me of Batman '89 even though he was laughing instead of screaming.

The mob scene reminds me of the similar scene in Burton's very much. The Joker coming in to take control of the mob, terrifying them with high insane and unpredictable he is.

Burton's Batman DID kill. The two scenes have NOTHING in common.

The Batwing scene where Joker says "c'mon you gruesome son of a *****, c'mon!" just illustrates that Batman is apparently a HORRIBLE shot and that the Batwing needs MUCH better armor to withstand the shock of one bullet.

The "HIT ME!" scene in The Dark Knight illustrates the Joker coaxing and trying to coerce Batman into killing- even at the Joker's expense JUST TO SEE THE BATMAN break his only rule. That's what Joker's purpose is- to exploit everyone- to make everyone to a hypocrite and who is harder to break than Batman? That's why he's so fixated on him.

Those two scenes, thematically- have NOTHING in common because Burton's Batman kills and Nolan's does not.

-R

After TDK, we need never speak of Nicholson Joker again.

Ledger was *****ing brilliant.
I would almost bet Mister J's soul that you will speak of Nicholson's Joker again.

This is the Spoilers thread so I'm not going to use Spoilers tags so this sentence is your only warning.

Seriously, the street scene.......If he had pulled out a large gun it would have been okay with me.

And the last fight. Ya, people fight at the top of buildings, but still. There was something about the laugh, the colors, the feel of those two scenes in-particular that made me feel like it was a throw-back to Burton.

Also regarding the '89 version. The scene when Batman was going after the Joker in the Batwing, do you think that it was the same point Nolan was getting across in this film. That Batman doesn't kill?

Good God! I've never thought of it before; both Jokers are wearing purple and Batman's wearing black. Both films also use a Bat Signal. Burton should get a thank you in the credits.:oldrazz:

Burton's Batman DID kill. The two scenes have NOTHING in common.

The Batwing scene where Joker says "c'mon you gruesome son of a *****, c'mon!" just illustrates that Batman is apparently a HORRIBLE shot and that the Batwing needs MUCH better armor to withstand the shock of one bullet.

The "HIT ME!" scene in The Dark Knight illustrates the Joker coaxing and trying to coerce Batman into killing- even at the Joker's expense JUST TO SEE THE BATMAN break his only rule. That's what Joker's purpose is- to exploit everyone- to make everyone to a hypocrite and who is harder to break than Batman? That's why he's so fixated on him.

Those two scenes, thematically- have NOTHING in common because Burton's Batman kills and Nolan's does not.

-R

Keaton blew up a chemical plant and machine gunned the whole street just to get to the Joker before throwing him off the side of the church, and he didn't use the grapple gun. :whatever:

He didnt throw him off the side of the church, he tethered the Joker to that gargoyle so he wouldnt get away, if the Joker would have let go, he would have been fine.

All the scenes with Joker and Batman in them in general..........Burton's movie had Joker and Batman in it too........Nolan's a character thief

Oh! And the fact that both the Joker and Batman have a thing for the same woman.:wow:

Nolan has stolen everything from Burton. It has:

1) Batman
2) Joker
3) A reporter
4) Batmobile
5) Alfred
6) A woman Bruce cares for
7) Gotham City
8) A party scene

How could we like his take? Burtonz ownz

He didnt throw him off the side of the church, he tethered the Joker to that gargoyle so he wouldnt get away, if the Joker would have let go, he would have been fine.

Alright:whatever: he thought he threw the Joker off the side, only to realize there was a second ledge. I have often wondered what would have happened if the Joker wasn't so damn keen on catching that helicopter. I hate one thing about B'89, it has the Joker killing Bruce's parents. Then we have Batman creating the Joker, we have this whole "you made me" accusation that was boring and pointless. The Joker in Moore's epic work was a first time thief in a robbery gone wrong. Sees Batman, freaks out and trips.

1) Batman
2) Joker
3) A reporter
4) Batmobile
5) Alfred
7) Gotham City
8) A party scene

Dont forget the name Batman, I mean jebus-tapdancing-rice Nolan can't come up with anything original

1) Batman
2) Joker
3) A reporter
4) Batmobile
5) Alfred
7) Gotham City
8) A party scene

9) A fund raiser
10) Harvey Dent

This thread already exists.

I loved the part when they mentioned when Bruce Wayne wanted a new suit and he wanted his head to turn.

I laughed so hard at that part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"