The Dark Knight Rises Scenes that let you down

joker1524

Sidekick
Reaction score
i was very hyped for a few scenes for this movie and while many of them were awesome, i
i couldnt help but feel how dissapointed i was with how some of these scenes played out

1. The Jim Gordon/Bruce Wayne hospital scene...the way how the scene just rushes in and cuts away...it was amazing that a scene like this lacked any emotional weight to it...the teaser footage had more emotional impact than the real thing...also the reason how Gordon got hospitilazed was a let down...in the teaser trailer Gordon looks damn near on his death bed n it got most people thinking that Bane did something really bad to jim but that was not the case at all.

2.The Bat and Cat team up in the sewer to Banes lair was also a letdown for me because of how quick it went by and of how most of that scene was already in the trailers..when the gate shut behind batman i couldnt believe that whole sequence was over..wish we got more

Final Battle.

Gotham is held under siege for five months all for it to be over in one big battle. Sounds freakin awesome like that. But a massive massive shame that the battle is over in half an hour (in the world of the film not running time). Can't help but feel it should have been a battle that went on for hours. Maybe days. And where were the people? Just sat indoors looking out their windows like "owwwhhh bit of a punch up out there"? Police and citizens fighting alongside Batman. That would have been something beautiful to see!!! The battle never felt desperate IMO.

The final battle is the main reason I'd adore a two parter.

All because they were shorter than what I expected/hoped them to be:

- Gordon/Bruce hospital scene
- 2nd Batman/Bruce fight scene
- Prison scenes
- GCPD/Mercenaries final battle scene

I liked the sewer team up, the music was great and it was fun, but I was expecting like a 2 minute scene or something of Batman being stealthy. It was more of a montage.
The hospital scene just cut too fast. Like, he jumps out the window and then he's holding Gordon's hand? We should have gotten a reaction shot of him seeing Gordon in the bed. Plus, if Gordon woke up to a guy in a ski mask, wouldn't he freak out?
The final battle was too short...and Bane's death was bull****.

The hospital was actually emotional for me.

The Pit Prison scene. They were good, but I thought Bruce was going to have to win some respect in the prison, but every prisoner turned out to be very friendly.

The 2nd fight scene between Batman and Bane was a big disappointment because the trailers showed so much. I thought there was going to be a 3rd surprise fight scene, kind of like the SWAT scene in The Dark Knight. They could have ended Bane is better class at the least.

The hospital was actually emotional for me.

The Pit Prison scene. They were good, but I thought Bruce was going to have to win some respect in the prison, but every prisoner turned out to be very friendly.

The 2nd fight scene between Batman and Bane was a big disappointment because the trailers showed so much. I thought there was going to be a 3rd surprise fight scene, kind of like the SWAT scene in The Dark Knight.

I thought and hoped for this too. :csad:

I didn't like the "Robin" inference to the John Blake character. UGH.

I didn't like the "Robin" inference to the John Blake character. UGH.

Doesn't seem like it let you down... you just didn't like it.

Other than the final battle it was fine for me. I guess I was a little disappointed by the stock exchange and batpod chase. Mainly cause I was surprised they were the same scene... mainly because ridiculous continuity (which I can't help but bring up in every thread). I thought the motorcycle bit was gonna be alongside the Bat/Truck scene.

- The first fight against Bane
- Selina taking Bane out
- Talia's reveal and death

Bane was great, Batman not so much.

Bruce/Gordon hospital scene
Second Batman vs Bane fight
Everything with Talia

Surely that was the point? He was cocky and felt like depite Alfred's warnings that he could just swing back into it "I fight harder I always have". It wasn't until Bane didn't feel anything that he started to become more methodical... though still useless.

How...? I think they handled Batman perfectly. Everything about Bale in that fight was spot on, especially the way he'd yell after throwing some punches.

the cammo tumblers were not in it for very long. Trailers seemed to suggest there were a lot more shots with them in it.

final battle could have been longer.

Wasn't that the point though?

I don't know. I just didn't like how the fight went. "Oh, if those first 5 punches to the face didn't work, maybe the next 10 will do the trick. Oh, still standing? Then let me throw a few hooks more." And he barely dodged any of the punches, like he did in the 2nd fight. He basically fought like an amateur.

There are several, but mainly Batman's return. There were some great visuals, but I just thought it was kind of anticlimactic and a little silly...kind of never really went anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SunStorm333
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"