The Dark Knight Rises Scenes that let you down

I'd choose Two-Face as the Judge and a masked Crane as the Executioner (Maybe add a badass Scythe too) to push them towards ice and watch :hehe:

Definitely the cops chasing Batman on the Batpod. It was mostly straightstreches and tv clips on the night news. I was expecting something as crazy and awesome as the BB chase. The cinematography was great and the and thr batpod drifting into the alley was badass but the rest was very ho hum and much less than i was expecting. They have helicopters, 40+ cars, and swat on his ash and they couldnt even put up a spike strip or anything? Thats the best they could do?

Plus did anyone else notice how obvious Bales stunt double was. When it would cut to a close up while he was riding you could tell it wasnt Bale. The stunt drivers lips and chin are a big giveaway.

The close up shots on Batman on the batpod IS Bale though... you should see the way they rig up the batpod to the camera car, they do it so Bale can be riding it without actually 'riding' it, specifically for his close ups.

Anyway I was let down by the fact that the chalk Batman symbols were hardly in the film at all, the score's album cover and the virals/scavenger hunt made it seem like they'd be more prominent in the film. But they're very forgettable. Plus I remember seeing a behind the scenes photo of Nolan drawing a bunch of the bat chalk symbols on a wall himself, and that shot was nowhere in the film.

When I found out this wasn't in it, I wanted my money back :cmad:

Except that's not true.

I just knew you would respond to my post though.
I never said best. I said main. Ask any average fan, and they'll tell you that his most well known love interest is catwoman. The average person has never even heard of Talia. That's why Jonah insisted on having Selina in the movie. He even called her the yin to Bruce's yang. In many of your posts, it's made quite obvious how pissed off you are that Jonah had Bruce and Selina end up together. For the life of me I can't understand why. What, did you think he was going to end up with Talia? Or that Zatanna was going to make a cameo and be the girl he's with at the end.

Last edited:
The ending let me down profoundly.

When the orphanage kids inhabited Wayne Manor I was absolutely sure the Falafel Vendor would be there to finally fulfill his promise in Batman Begins to feed them. Alas, it must have been cut due to time constraints. Full circles were most certainly not drawn in the air after my showing.

The ending let me down profoundly.

When the orphanage kids inhabited Wayne Manor I was absolutely sure the Falafel Vendor would be there to finally fulfill his promise in Batman Begins to feed them. Alas, it must have been cut due to time constraints. Full circles were most certainly not drawn in the air after my showing.

In a deleted scene, it shows that he's happily cooking dinner for the kids. With Flass as dishwasher.

If you ask me the falafel vendor ruined Begins. There. I said it. I didn't to but I ****ing said it.

Should have shown a closeup of Selina with the pearls at the end. (we all got it, but someone who only saw it once might have missed it).

I never said best. I said main. Ask any average fan, and they'll tell you that his most well known love interest is catwoman. The average person has never even heard of Talia. That's why Jonah insisted on having Selina in the movie. He even called her the yin to Bruce's yang. In many of your posts, it's made quite obvious how pissed off you are that Jonah had Bruce and Selina end up together. For the life of me I can't understand why. What, did you think he was going to end up with Talia? Or that Zatanna was going to make a cameo and be the girl he's with at the end.

I notice that you haven't responded to my post where I show proof that I in fact did NOT definitively claim that Selina and Bruce wouldnt end up together.

No more dead cops!

z216181918.gif

I notice that you haven't responded to my post where I show proof that I in fact did NOT definitively claim that Selina and Bruce wouldnt end up together.
My bad. I must have confused you with Kalmart. I do remember how against it you were, though.

Classic.

I would have liked a Arnold Wesker cameo -- and there was a PERFECT place for it.

Guard has suggested this before -- I'm taking it a step further...

Imagine this:

INT. ABANDONED STOCK EXCHANGE - MOMENTS LATER

A kangaroo court. Stryver is dragged before a jeering crowd.

STRYVER
There's been a mistake! Where's Bane?!

VOICE (O.S.)
There's been no mistake, Mr. Stryver.​

Stryver turns to look at the 'judge': Harvey Dent -- Two-Face. Dent's corpse is strapped to a chair, ROTTING. He MOVES, his hands controlled by an old man standing behind the bench, with puppet strings. The PUPPETEER voices Dent.

PUPPETEER
You are Philip Stryver, executive vice-president
of Dagget Industries?
(Off nod from Stryver.)
The same Phillip Stryver who for years
lived like a prince off the blood
and sweat of people less powerful?​

Stryver, confused, horrified pleads.

STRYVER
What is this? Call Bane! I'm one of you!​

Jeers. Pull back to reveal a silent figure, watching. Bane.

PUPPETEER
Bane has no authority here. This is merely a
sentencing hearing. The choice is yours.
Death or exile.​

Stryver looks around, terrified, as the crowd shouts 'Death.'

STRYVER
Exile... Exile.

PUPPETEER
Sold... Bailiff!​

The 'bailiff' reveals himself, Jonathan Crane... The Scarecrow. He walks from behind the bench, mask on and a sickle in hand.

SCARECROW
Thank you Harv'.
(smiles)
Mr. Wesker, your honor, I'll
take it from here.​

Mercenaries react to the Scarecrow's nod and grab Stryver, pulling him from the dock...

This would have been a better scene, I think....

Thoughts?

-R

Scarecrow relegated to one line? I'll pass. The final version is a lot better than the proposed idea, Scarecrow just needed his mask, and Murphy just needed to remember how to play Crane.

Yeah I swear Murphy was Irish in the cameo....

The Back breaking scene ,Meant to be Iconic it didn't really have an impact it just kind of happened. Batman Leaving "Robin" the Bat-cave. Bane getting one-shot by Selena Kyle on the bat-pod (funny as bad place though) .
Donald Blake name turning out to be robin I didn't see the point of it or what Mr.Nolan was trying to accomplish . I did enjoy the film the after ignoring this these things . Oh i almost forgot Bane Beings someones lackey yet again.
LOVED THE SOUNDTRACK.

I never said best. I said main.
And I said that's not true. Because it's not. I'm looking at the whole of Batman's comic history, which I know like the back of my hand.

As for the rest of your post, The Batman said it best. Clearly, it will always come down to a popularity contest. Catwoman is the more popular character. Always has been, always will be. You are correct when you say she is the most well known love interest. But she has NEVER always been the main love interest in the Bat universe. It's not true. Look at the Batman: The Animated Series. Look at the comics. There was a time where he loved Talia. And I know certain shippers don't like to admit it. The thing is, I don't look at comic history and say "this is canon, and this isn't". Comic canon will always change, and there will be a time where Bruce will be involved with someone other than Catwoman/Selina. It's always changing.

In many of YOUR posts, it's made quite clear that you like to assume things about me that aren't true. I was never against Bruce/Selina. Please stop assuming that. Please, stop. All I asked for this series is that it be believable if he was going to end up with anybody, because I didn't think it made sense for this version of the character, considering the first two films and everything he went through, to run off and have a happily ever after. That was important to me up until spoilers came out. I think I've made it clear I didn't find the progression of the Bruce/Selina relationship believable or satisfying enough. I was expecting more considering the spoilers and reviews. I am not ANGRY about it. That is silly. You've taken my comments and made it into that though, when trying to debate it with me. It's JMO, and I never expected anybody to agree with it. I can believe they are off in Europe having sex and keeping each other company, but beyond that, no. "Offscreen romance" doesn't cut it, when I didn't see what you saw between Bruce and Selina in the film, and I have no problem imagining what happens next in Nolan's universe, according to what I would have liked to see if the series went on.

Can I ask you why you are bringing up what Jonah says? Because what he says really doesn't matter to me. That's his opinion. Not mine.

No, I never thought he would end up with Talia, and your Zatanna comment was uncalled for. It's like you have an issue with me saying in the past that I liked his potential with Zee. I did. I think she would be good for him. In fact, I've written a few fics about it. That's the comics though, not Nolan's films. So I don't get why you have to bring that up?

I have always tried very hard to keep away from the shipper debates, because I find it silly, (Selina vs. Talia), but the problem I have here, is the assuming about me, and the trying to undermine any opinion I have, as a Batman comic book fan, that Selina is not the end-all-be-all of Batman love interests. I have liked A LOT of Bruce's relationships and stories with women, which INCLUDES Selina. But no, I don't look at Bruce Wayne in the same vein as I look at, say, Clark Kent. I also don't look at him, then look at his relationships, and try to figure out who the love of his life is. I don't think that way. I don't think he has one. Because he's had so many relationships in the past several decades, and has loved, yes loved more than one woman.

I never meant for this post to be so long, but it does make me a little angry that it's assumed that I'm anti Bat/Cat. As a true blue comic fan, I am not. I loved Selina and Bruce in Batman Returns even though I'm not too crazy about the overall film.

Last edited:
[/B]
When I found out this wasn't in it, I wanted my money back :cmad:

that shot IS in the film. the closeup of the chalk symbol being drawn is Nolans hand doing it. Similar to how it was Nolan (in closeup) breaking the bat signal in the dark knight, and him breaking the glass in prestige.
plus the person holding that "dripping water thing" while bruce is in the pit, is nolan. he does lots of "hand cameos" in his own movies

Reminds me of how it was James Cameron who was drawing Rose and not Leonardo DiCaprio.

Nevincer said:

The falafels returned for TDK and they didn't return for TDKR. What a shame :o

And I said that's not true. Because it's not. I'm looking at the whole of Batman's comic history, which I know like the back of my hand.

As for the rest of your post, The Batman said it best. Clearly, it will always come down to a popularity contest. Catwoman is the more popular character. Always has been, always will be. You are correct when you say she is the most well known love interest. But she has NEVER always been the main love interest in the Bat universe. It's not true. Look at the Batman: The Animated Series. Look at the comics. There was a time where he loved Talia. And I know certain shippers don't like to admit it. The thing is, I don't look at comic history and say "this is canon, and this isn't". Comic canon will always change, and there will be a time where Bruce will be involved with someone other than Catwoman/Selina. It's always changing.

In many of YOUR posts, it's made quite clear that you like to assume things about me that aren't true. I was never against Bruce/Selina. Please stop assuming that. Please, stop. All I asked for this series is that it be believable if he was going to end up with anybody, because I didn't think it made sense for this version of the character, considering the first two films and everything he went through, to run off and have a happily ever after. That was important to me up until spoilers came out. I think I've made it clear I didn't find the progression of the Bruce/Selina relationship believable or satisfying enough. I was expecting more considering the spoilers and reviews. I am not ANGRY about it. That is silly. You've taken my comments and made it into that though, when trying to debate it with me. It's JMO, and I never expected anybody to agree with it. I can believe they are off in Europe having sex and keeping each other company, but beyond that, no. "Offscreen romance" doesn't cut it, when I didn't see what you saw between Bruce and Selina in the film, and I have no problem imagining what happens next in Nolan's universe, according to what I would have liked to see if the series went on.

Can I ask you why you are bringing up what Jonah says? Because what he says really doesn't matter to me. That's his opinion. Not mine.

No, I never thought he would end up with Talia, and your Zatanna comment was uncalled for. It's like you have an issue with me saying in the past that I liked his potential with Zee. I did. I think she would be good for him. In fact, I've written a few fics about it. That's the comics though, not Nolan's films. So I don't get why you have to bring that up?

I have always tried very hard to keep away from the shipper debates, because I find it silly, (Selina vs. Talia), but the problem I have here, is the assuming about me, and the trying to undermine any opinion I have, as a Batman comic book fan, that Selina is not the end-all-be-all of Batman love interests. I have liked A LOT of Bruce's relationships and stories with women, which INCLUDES Selina. But no, I don't look at Bruce Wayne in the same vein as I look at, say, Clark Kent. I also don't look at him, then look at his relationships, and try to figure out who the love of his life is. I don't think that way. I don't think he has one. Because he's had so many relationships in the past several decades, and has loved, yes loved more than one woman.

I never meant for this post to be so long, but it does make me a little angry that it's assumed that I'm anti Bat/Cat. As a true blue comic fan, I am not. I loved Selina and Bruce in Batman Returns even though I'm not too crazy about the overall film.
And that's what I meant by main love interest. She's the most iconic and well known. I didn't say he never cared about anyone else. And I bring up Jonah because he's the brains behind this operation. It's important to know how he and Chris feel about the characters. He feels Selina is the yin to his yang and he's a huge comic book fanboy.

I've never been much of a shipper myself, especially not for Batman stuff, but I thought Bruce getting a happily ever after ending made perfect sense. The last two films have all been about what Alfred keeps telling him, that he needs to move on and get a life. If he had to end up with someone, I'm glad it wasn't Vicki or Rachel or some other damsel in distress type.

And that's what I meant by main love interest. She's the most iconic and well known.
"Main" and "most well known" do not mean the same thing to me.

Anyways, I am done addressing this with you, for good. Because neither of us are going to change how we ultimately feel about these things. I feel like I'm going around in circles now, and it's pretty pointless.

Last edited:
And that's what I meant by main love interest. She's the most iconic and well known. I didn't say he never cared about anyone else. And I bring up Jonah because he's the brains behind this operation. It's important to know how he and Chris feel about the characters. He feels Selina is the yin to his yang and he's a huge comic book fanboy.

I've never been much of a shipper myself, especially not for Batman stuff, but I thought Bruce getting a happily ever after ending made perfect sense. The last two films have all been about what Alfred keeps telling him, that he needs to move on and get a life. If he had to end up with someone, I'm glad it wasn't Vicki or Rachel or some other damsel in distress type.

This isn't an attack on you, but if Jonah actually said that then he's talking out of his arse. If Bruce has a yin yang relationship with anyone in the Batman mythos it's The Joker.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"