The Dark Knight Scenes in TDK That Reminded you of other Big Scenes in Movies!

Harrygucha

Civilian
Reaction score
I caught a few similarities between the scenes in TDK and other big action movies:

1. The Batpod/ Joker truck scene reminded me of Terminator 2 when Arnold was on his motorcycle and the T1000 was driving the truck.

2. The part where the sonar machine glitches on and off and throws BAtman off allowing The Joker to whack him in the head reminded me of the scene where Clarice in Silence of The Lambs had those night vision goggles on and Buffalo Bill comes out of nowhere and whacks her on the head.

Got anymore? Post 'em!

I caught a few similarities between the scenes in TDK and other big action movies:

1. The Batpod/ Joker truck scene reminded me of Terminator 2 when Arnold was on his motorcycle and the T1000 was driving the truck.

2. The part where the sonar machine glitches on and off and throws BAtman off allowing The Joker to whack him in the head reminded me of the scene where Clarice in Silence of The Lambs had those night vision goggles on and Buffalo Bill comes out of nowhere and whacks her on the head.

Got anymore? Post 'em!

buffalo bill never whacked clarice but i get your point anyway.:oldrazz:

the truck chase really gave me a james cameron vibe too.

the interrogation had shades of lecter as well as some alex from a clockwork orange.

the obvious heat influence in the bank heist.

parts of the movie gave me a die hard vibe as well.

the bank robbery so reminded me on HEAT by michael mann

T2, yes, but for me it looks more like final chase when T1000 was driving tanker.

All car chases on Lower Wacker drive are porperty of the Blues brothers.

Tripping up truck with cable - tripping up ATAT walker with cable - Empire Strikes Back

Oh, and the driving under the elevated train tracks in the Lambo reminded me of the French Connection chase briefly too.

Last edited:
The scene where Alfred says "I prepared a little breakfast, very well." reminded me of the scene in BB where Alfred says "I thought I might prepare a little supper, very well."

The Bat-Pod swooping under the Joker's eighteen wheeler reminded me of The Empire Strikes Back (an A-Wing using a tow cable on a Walker).

When the police in Hong Kong were running into the building to save Lau's butt, the foyer at night reminded me a little of the building in Die Hard (Nakatomi Plaza).

Oh, and the funeral for Loeb reminded me of The Untouchables.. I don't know why.

All the politicians, the corrupt cops, the sense of a real city reminded me a little bit of a masterpiece called "the wire".

joker falling off the building at the end reminded me of 1989 batman

The scene where Joker burns the money and says "Everything Burns" reminds me of the clown from Stephen King's "It" saying "Everything floats!"

That might be wrong though. I haven't seen "It" in years.

Yes, the clown says that

Man, that clown always freaked me out

TDK reminded me a lot of Terminator 2.

1. Terminator opening credits has a big red wall of fire. Opening of TDK starts with a big blue wall of fire.

2. Most of TDK has been color corrected to have a blue tint to most of the movie, as does Terminator 2. (Kind of a stretch)

3. Well, not from T2, but from T3, the crane the T-X is driving has its' hook caught in a manhole and flips, like the semi-truck in TDK.

Surprisingly this movie felt phenomenally fresh, part of the reason its just as good (if not better) on multiple viewings is cause you're something something different and unique. That made TDK very special for me. So, I didn't really get any other movie vibe from TDK. Maybe it was kinda similar to Batman Begins, but that's about it :p

(Well... unfair, maybe Batman thinking about quilting was a bit too Spider-Man 2ish, but, atleast they didn't drag it out. God, if this was a 2 hour "I don't want to be Batman" film, it would have been different. Worked for Spidey though :up:

Joker disguised as the police officer reminded me of the title character in MANIAC COP. That character had scars on his face and wore a similar outfit (not the traditional cop wardrobe, but the fancier kind). Plus he had a plot to kill the commissioner and the mayor.

The double sided coin reminded me of Indecent Proposal. Redford had a lucky silver dollar which he used in some scenes that at the end is revealed to be DOUBLE faced.

TWO FACE's look reminded me of Terminator 3's Arnold look at the end.

Nurse Joker reminded me of Michael Caine in Dressed To Kill.

I just saw the movie, but there were at least three references to other films I caught:

-The opening scene is very similar to the robbery that was the climax of Heat.
-When Two-Face died and Batman turned his head over, the shot was very similar to that of Graham's death in the film noir classic, The Big Heat.

-When Gordon's son comes running down and yells "Batman, BATMAN!" and asks his father where he is going and why he has to leave...it feels so much like the ending to Shane, such a classic.

Well obviously the opening bank heist reminded me of HEAT. Nolan's inspiration for the film and the sequence itself.

The "car chase" with the armoured car, the semi truck, the tumbler and then the batpod etc. didn't remind me of any other car chases. They raised the bar imo.

Obviously the opening sequence was influenced by Heat, but to me, the interrogation reminded me of Heat as well, maybe even more. Up until that point, Batman & the Joker had some skirmishes, but they hadn't actually "met" each other, in a way. In Heat, Pacino & Deniro had no scenes together up until their meeting, but once they did, it was just a closeup of their faces as they explained their different philosophies on why they each do what they do, and also why they "complete" each other too, they both realize they're locked in a struggle that will inevitably keep them in conflict. They also realize that they're really not that different, just different sides of the same coin. Batman & Joker do the same thing, and part of me kind of wishes they would've been kept away from each other until that scene similiar to what they did in Heat. Either way, it's a very powerful scene, in both films....

as they explained their different philosophies on why they each do what they do, and also why they "complete" each other too, they both realize they're locked in a struggle that will inevitably keep them in conflict. They also realize that they're really not that different, just different sides of the same coin. Batman & Joker do the same thing
But in the interrogation scene only Joker is talking about his philosophy. Batman says only "I have one rule". That's all.

Joker disguised as the police officer reminded me of the title character in MANIAC COP. That character had scars on his face and wore a similar outfit (not the traditional cop wardrobe, but the fancier kind). Plus he had a plot to kill the commissioner and the mayor.

Funny. I always thought the same thing seeing the first leaked photo of him in the cop uniform.

French Connection while Bruce was saving Reese.

- Jow

French Connection as well, especially since I had just seen The French Connection a few days before watching TDK.

TDK's ending is also supposedly similar to The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance. A movie I have not seen, yet.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"