The Dark Knight Rises Scenes that let you down

I liked the sewer team up, the music was great and it was fun, but I was expecting like a 2 minute scene or something of Batman being stealthy. It was more of a montage.

I actually think these types of scenes helped the movie. It gave it this frenetic feel, almost single-minded. No more wild schemes (TDK), this was the most serious threat yet and Bane simply had to be stopped.

All these short and to-the-point scenes give you that sense that you are being driven toward something. Just like how Batman in the end doesn't resort to any tricks, he just goes straight for Bane and beats the crap out of him. There is simply no time to mess around.

Bane's origin/backflash. Where did the mask come from? Scars on back and head? Training/history with the LOS and Ras? Where was it?

This isn't an attack on you, but if Jonah actually said that then he's talking out of his arse. If Bruce has a yin yang relationship with anyone in the Batman mythos it's The Joker.
He said it and he wasn't talking about out of the villains. More about the people who help Batman either all the time or once in a while.

I don't think Catwoman is Bruce's "greatest" love interest only because of her popularity. I think she also has more in common with him than the other love interests have.

I don't think Catwoman is Bruce's "greatest" love interest only because of her popularity. I think she also has more in common with him than the other love interests have.
Exactly. I think that's why Jonah insisted on having her in the film. She's iconic, and if Bruce has to end up with someone, it should be Selina. They have so much in common, and yet they have a lot of differences too.

-Batmans return while exciting could have been so much more (if anything it makes the cops look like dogs chasing the little wagon and it disappearing)...hell it ties in to the disappointment of the 8 yrs on the shelf...the film could have opened with a huge batman action montage (throw in some villain cameos), as the montage wears on you see bits of the hunt by the cops and the Dent act gradually taking hold.

-Bruce and Gordons reunion should have been so much more, it would have added even more weight to the revelation of batman identity to gordon at the end.

-Batmans return at the climax, knocking out the mercs was cool..should have had a little more of that and then moved on to the confrontation with Bane..

The first appearance of Bane in the sewers, and his treatment of two goons. It made no sense, was abrupt, and the scene detracted rather than added to Bane's characterization.

-Shortly after Batman returned Bruce and Alfred argued about the cops not getting the job done, Alfred argued that if he had provided help to them instead of showing them up that they'd be better off.....I wanted continuation to that idea. The charge at the end isn't really helping, nor did they have a scene reconciling bats and the cops.

-the chalk bats seemed to hint at the idea of No Mans Land where territory won by the Bat family featured graffiti...alas this did not happen either since all it took was one charge to overturn the control of the mercenaries.

-Shortly after Batman returned Bruce and Alfred argued about the cops not getting the job done, Alfred argued that if he had provided help to them instead of showing them up that they'd be better off.....I wanted continuation to that idea. The charge at the end isn't really helping, nor did they have a scene reconciling bats and the cops.

-the chalk bats seemed to hint at the idea of No Mans Land where territory won by the Bat family featured graffiti...alas this did not happen either since all it took was one charge to overturn the control of the mercenaries.

Yeah, the lack of proper No Man's Land was a bit disturbing...

I admit the final scene was a bit of a letdown, with the platform lifting up Blake.

very..........flat and anti-climactic way to end a close-to-3 hour film, let alone a trilogy, imo.

I would have preferred the bat suit to "rise" up behind Blake, giving a sense of foreshadowing about Blake's future.

I admit the final scene was a bit of a letdown, with the platform lifting up Blake.

very..........flat and anti-climactic way to end a close-to-3 hour film, let alone a trilogy, imo.

I would have preferred the bat suit to "rise" up behind Blake, giving a sense of foreshadowing about Blake's future.

That's too final IMO. The actual ending works for me because it just alludes to Blake doing something whereas that just says Blake will be Batman.

The ending montage was the biggest disappointment for me.

Alfred stares at Bruce in a cafe. A woman reveals Blake's middle name. A few orphans arrive in Wayne MAnor and Blake steps into the Bat-Cave..

It's ..okay I guess, but how can that possibly match-up to the amazing finale of TDK? Alfred burned Rachel's final message to Bruce, without him ever reading it, Batman was hunted by the cops and the Batsignal was destroyed. Gordon gave an epic speech about Batman as he rode off like a Cowboy into the sunset.

I was really hoping for "Like a Dog Chasing Cars" from TDK soundtrack to be used in the finale of the movie.

(Despite the title of the track being a Joker quote, it's actually a very epic-sounding Batman theme that to my knowledge, was not used in TDK. I always thought Nolan was saving that for the climax of TDKR.)

The ending montage was the biggest disappointment for me.

Alfred stares at Bruce in a cafe. A woman reveals Blake's middle name. A few orphans arrive in Wayne MAnor and Blake steps into the Bat-Cave..

It's ..okay I guess, but how can that possibly match-up to the amazing finale of TDK? Alfred burned Rachel's final message to Bruce, without him ever reading it, Batman was hunted by the cops and the Batsignal was destroyed. Gordon gave an epic speech about Batman as he rode off like a Cowboy into the sunset.

I was really hoping for "Like a Dog Chasing Cars" from TDK soundtrack to be used in the finale of the movie.

(Despite the title of the track being a Joker quote, it's actually a very epic-sounding Batman theme that to my knowledge, was not used in TDK. I always thought Nolan was saving that for the climax of TDKR.)
TDK ended on a somewhat sad note. TDKR was the finale, and the Nolan Bros decided to end it on a happy note. Bruce gets to have a normal life with Selina Kyle. Alfred is happy. I loved it.

For me, a major major letdown was "Backbreaker".

In the "Knightfall" series, the backbreaker was a pivotal moment with a metric ton of emotion and consequence to the series.

In TDKR, it was a minor injury to overcome, and pretty soon the Bat was back at it, like nothing had ever happened.

I don't think it was delivered at the right moment in the movie, and certainly not with the amount of emotional weight it should have carried.

In the "Knightfall" series, the backbreaker was a pivotal moment with a metric ton of emotion and consequence to the series.

In TDKR, it was a minor injury to overcome, and pretty soon the Bat was back at it, like nothing had ever happened.

I don't think it was delivered at the right moment in the movie, and certainly not with the amount of emotional weight it should have carried.

:up:

I actually loved the final battle scene, to me it had a lot of emotion starting with the cops lined up on the street

I actually loved the final battle scene, to me it had a lot of emotion starting with the cops lined up on the street

YESSSS! omg, when the cops charge and the Gotham's Reckoning drum beat kicks in, it was like hollly sh**************************************************t!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

These scenes didn't really let me down, but just a little cheesy.

Prologue redub
Batman/Bane sewer fight,
Selina Kyle bar screaming,
Bane speech at Black Gate
Batman/Catwoman raiding the tunnels together,

the final battle scene didn't let me down, but I wish it was longer, would've liked to see more cop vs. merc action.

Bane's Speech at Blackgate - Not only did it completely undercut the ending of TDK (which is one of the best endings in film, period), it also served no purpose. It's not like the citizens of Gotham would have cared. There was little consequence if any. So Harvey killed those people? Outrage! Oh wait a second, there's a nuclear bomb in the city.

Alfred's Edition of Bane for Dummies" - Talk about useless exposition. I would rather Bane had told Batman himself that he was part of the LoS (which he did anyways in the sewer fight) and the fact he was stuck in a prison (which he also did after the sewer fight). Thematically it would have been much better if Bane did the reveal, not Alfred.

Bat Symbol on the Bridge - So Bane sees the symbol, and rather than telling Talia to detonate the bomb there and then, he waits for Batman to fight him? I guess he really wanted to squeeze as much despair out of the city as he could.

Selina Being Vilified for Leading Batman to Bane - I really don't get the implications being made in these scenes. How is Selina wrong for leading Batman to Bane? What really should have been focused on, was Bruce's overconfidence in thinking Bane was "just some mercenary."

Blake Deduction of Batman's True Identity - Don't get me wrong, JGL's acting was superb, but c'mon, if anyone would have deduced his true identity it should have been Gordon. With all the parallels to The Dark Knight Returns, I thought this would have been obvious.

Bane's Demise - OK, I get it, this is a "Selina Kyle saving Batman moment," but he was reduced to a teary eyed protector of a woman practically half his age, then he gets shot by a woman on a motorcycle. It would have been much better (even if it would have been corny) if Batman took down Bane and Selina had some combat scene with Talia.

The Final Battle - I always felt that it should have been the citizens of Gotham banding together and fighting the mercenaries. In addition, I don't see what was so different with the head blows that Bats was delivering to Bane in this battle in contrast with the sewer fight that led to Bane's mask being damaged.

With all that said, don't get me wrong, this was a solid film, a worthy bookend to a great saga. But the script just wasn't as tight as in the previous films.

I hear what you're saying, but I thought they made it as severe and dramatic as they could while still maintaining some semblance of reality and having to fit within the confines of a single movie. Recovering from a dislocated vertebrae as fast as he did (not to mention doing so in the environment that he was living in) was already a quite a stretch.

The hospital scene between Bruce & Gordon. I expected it to be much longer, or at least deeper. IMO, it would've been better for him to reveal himself to Gordon then, it could've been powerful. As most things in this movie though, it was just a bit too fast.

One scene that I thought seemed particularly cheesy was Daggett's exposition about the Clean Slate program: "Oh..you mean the device that will erase your identity and past history from every database in the world" Not only did it seem an uncharacteristic thing to say given the position he was in at the time, but doesn't Selina already know what it is? I think the only thing that could have made that info reveal feel more forced was if Daggett had turned his head and looked directly into the camera at the audience as he was saying it.

One scene that I thought seemed particularly cheesy was Daggett's exposition about the Clean Slate program: "Oh..you mean the device that will erase your identity and past history from every database in the world" Not only did it seem an uncharacteristic thing to say given the position he was in at the time, but doesn't Selina already know what it is? I think the only thing that could have made that info reveal feel more forced was if Daggett had turned his head and looked directly into the camera at the audience as he was saying it.
I know what you mean, though in the context of the dialogue Daggett is giving his rundown as if it's too good to be true.

I know what you mean, though in the context of the dialogue Daggett is giving his rundown as if it's too good to be true.

Yeah, I never found it to be too on the nose or dialogue heavy. He says it in a real "oh yeah, like such a thing really exists" kind of tone.

Yup. It's blatant exposition, but the Daggett guy did a good job mocking the implausibility of such a thing with his delivery, thus giving it a character-based believability.

Nothing comes to mind. It's my perfect movie from top to bottom.

If anything, I wish some scenes were extended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"