Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated

Sam Fisher

Heavy Meddle
Reaction score
60908386.jpg

The new Scooby Doo series, Scooby Doo! Mystery Incorporated, will start airing on Cartoon Network starting July 12th. This new show looks really good.

Teaser

{Check the link above for the new trailer for the first season}

The first part of the first episode.

Hah. That was pretty good. I like the character designs and it got into their lives outside the mysteries a bit. I'd watch it if I watched tv more often.

If they can work in the occasional Brave and the Bold crossover like in the old days, I'm sold.

The Scooby Gang is Back with More Spooky Mysteries to Solve.
Scooby-Doo is back in Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated Monday, July 12, at 7 p.m. (ET, PT)
Fred, Daphne, Velma, Shaggy and their talking dog Scooby-Doo are back, solving mysteries in the spooky town of Crystal Cove in the animated Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated premiering Monday, July 12 at 7 p.m. (ET, PT). Crystal Cove is a sleepy coastal village that boasts a long history of ghostly sightings, werewolves and glowing deep sea divers. Because of all the mystery, Crystal Cove has become a tourist hotspot, taking in major profits and the townspeople don’t appreciate the meddling of the renowned sleuthing team.
In Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated, the curious gang investigates every circumstance with a questioning mindset. Ghosts and monsters may exist, but extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof and the gang will stop at nothing to learn the truth of Crystal Cove. Plus, the drama won’t be limited to paranormal activities � the gang will be portrayed as real teens with real problems, dealing with situations that arise in their families and personal relationships within the group.
From Warner Bros. Animation, Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated features the voices of Frank Welker (What’s New, Scooby-Doo?) as Fred/Scooby-Doo, Mindy Cohn (The Facts of Life) as Velma, Grey DeLisle (Batman: The Brave and the Bold) as Daphne and Matthew Lillard (the Scooby-Doo films) as Shaggy. Sam Register (Teen Titans, Ben 10, Batman: The Brave and the Bold) is the executive producer. Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone (both Duck Dodgers, Back at the Barnyard, Space Jam) are the supervising producers.
Cartoon Network (CartoonNetwork.com), currently seen in more than 97 million U.S. homes and 166 countries around the world, is Turner Broadcasting System, Inc.’s ad-supported cable service now available in HD offering the best in original, acquired and classic animated entertainment for kids and families. Nightly from 10 p.m. to 6 a.m. (ET, PT), Cartoon Network shares its channel space with Adult Swim, a late-night destination showcasing original and acquired animation for young adults 18-34. Turner Broadcasting System, Inc., a Time Warner company, creates and programs branded news, entertainment, animation and young adult media environments on television and other platforms for consumers around the world.

This definitely looks better than What's New Scooby Doo.

Almost everything does. They need to get back to the creepiness factor.

I liked Whats New Scooby Doo, but this does seem to get back to the tone of the original show

I liked Whats New Scooby Doo, but this does seem to get back to the tone of the original show

The occasional episode of What's New Scooby Doo was okay, but the overall feel of the show was that it was very much aimed at younger audiences, at least IMO. The best Scooby Doo, to me, can be appreciated by all ages. I loved Scooby Doo as a kid, I love it now as a teenager and I hope I'll love it just as much when I'm older.

And the stories just werent as fun or spooky as the old ones.

I do like What's New Scooby Doo, but yeah, it seems they tried to make it more silly like A Pup Named Scooby Doo{heck, they even have a flashback to APNSD in a episode}.

It was too kid friendly. The original show is still the best for striking the right balance of child appeal and spookiness. I mean I remember growing up, I kept watching it, but there were episodes that geniually creeped me out. The clown one at the circus. Mr. Hyde hiding in the back of the mystery machine really scared me too.

This new Scooby show looks pretty good. I'm impressed.

I'm surprised that they are hooking up Shaggy with Velma. It is cool though that they aren't affraid of trying new things. I've been waiting for a new decent Scooby show. I would have loved this to be live action and treated like a drama.

what, in the history of Scooby Doo, makes you think it should be a drama?? part of the appeal is its goofiness and you want to make it all grimdark and take that away??

seriously??

http://scoobyfan.net/?p=232

“2:15–3:15 p.m. Scooby-Doo Screening and Q&A – Those meddling teens are at it again! Find out what Shaggy, Fred, Daphne, Velma and, of course, Scooby-Doo are up to with a sneak peek at upcoming titles from this beloved family franchise. Join supervising producers Spike Brandt and Tony Cervone (both Duck Dodgers), producer Mitch Watson (Ben 10: Race Against Time) and art director Dan Krall (Coraline) as they screen a never-before-seen episode of the new Cartoon Network/Warner Bros. Animation series Scooby-Doo! Mystery Incorporated (airing Mondays at 7 p.m. ET/PT on Cartoon Network) and take fan questions. Additionally, they will unveil the trailer to Warner Home Video’s upcoming all-new original animated movie Scooby-Doo! Camp Scare (release date: September 14) and will provide fans with a behind-the-scenes look at the making of Warner Bros. Interactive Entertainment’s forthcoming Scooby-Doo! and the Spooky Swamp videogame, coming September 14. Panel attendees will be served a full course of all things Scooby-Doo, as they will also hear about additional upcoming Scooby-related projects from Warner Premiere and Warner Bros. Consumer Products. Room 6BCF”

scoobydoomysteryincorpoe.jpg

You know what I kinda like about this show already? That they dared to bring back Fred and Daphne's old clothes, ascots and all.

what, in the history of Scooby Doo, makes you think it should be a drama?? part of the appeal is its goofiness and you want to make it all grimdark and take that away??

seriously??

I'm just saying that they should add to it. We've seen the goofy slapstick side of the characters, I'm sure there is more to them then that. Let them have a life out of solving mysteries. If it was set up where each season was one big story arc instead of solving one mystery a show I think that would be awesome.

The Scooby Doo gang is a group of comedic cartoon characters. They're made for comedy. It's part of what makes them work, especially since they have a talking dog in their group.

You wouldn't ask to see a dramatic TV series about Bugs Bunny. Or would you?

I'm just saying that they should add to it. We've seen the goofy slapstick side of the characters, I'm sure there is more to them then that. Let them have a life out of solving mysteries. If it was set up where each season was one big story arc instead of solving one mystery a show I think that would be awesome.
They're pretty much doing that with this new series. But I agree, I think they could pull off a live action show. I think last year's prequel movie could be turned into a show if Cartoon Network wanted to.

Giving Daphne sisters is new, wonder if they will ever go deeper than that brief scene. Hope they dont make her to obessed with Freddy as teh season goes on.

Kind of enjoying this new Velma and her relationship with Shaggy.

Only caught the last couple minutes, but I really enjoyed it, especially the play off of some of the routines from the original show. "You, you...." "Meddling..." "Yes! Meddling kids!" "But you had a decent paying job. Why would you rob a bank for more money?" "........"

I also liked the actual running storyline to the show. Overall, quite impressed by what little I saw.

Wow, this show surprised me! I just watched the first episode, I am impressed. The last Scooby show I watched was a Pup Named Scooby-Doo as a kid!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"