Iron Fist Scott Adkins campaigns for the role

Like I said, I wouldn't be opposed to him having a minor villain role in one of these shows, but there is no way in hell he could be a lead.

Agreed. I'd like someone who is a really good actor, not someone who is 'decent.' It's easier to learn to do Hollywood martial arts than to bring a well rounded character to life from a 2D script.

But how do you know he's not a good actor unless he's given the opportunity with a good role and direction?
Not long ago the general consensus was that Matthew McConaughey was a waste of screen time who could only contribute with his looks and now look how that has changed.

In Matthew's case, people always saw he had the acting chops, but very poor with his career choices until lately.

But how do you know he's not a good actor unless he's given the opportunity with a good role and direction?
Not long ago the general consensus was that Matthew McConaughey was a waste of screen time who could only contribute with his looks and now look how that has changed.

Adkins has been given the opportunity. Good actors don't lose all their acting ability just because they don't have a starring role with a good director. That goes to actors who have already shown they're good in small parts with mediocre and poor directors. Adkins has been in thousands of scenes, some with great directors, and he hasn't shown that he's a good actor, he's shown that he's an okay actor.

In Matthew's case, people always saw he had the acting chops, but very poor with his career choices until lately.

Exactly. Good acting shows up *somewhere.*

Scott Adkins seems too old for my taste. Danny needs to be played by somebody who's young enough to be cocky and inexperienced. My vote goes to Cam Gigandet.

Dont understand the scorn directed at Adkins acting ability to be honest, as I thought he as perfectly fine in Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning, Expendables 2 and the Undesputed films.

Seems to me either that some folk havent seen too much of him or/and dismiss him completely because of the DTV movies that he's made [no good actor has ever been in poor movies, eh?]. What I will say is that on top of far from being the worst actor ever [as has been highlighted on here previously] his martial arts prowess far surpasses anything that they can teach a non-martial art practicing 'thespian'.

Dont understand the scorn directed at Adkins acting ability to be honest, as I thought he as perfectly fine in Universal Soldier: Day of Reckoning, Expendables 2 and the Undesputed films.

why do you think he was saved for sequels (two of them direct-to-video)?

Don't see how his acting is any worse than Stephen Amell on Arrow.

Case in point, we don't necessarily need master thespians for these shows.

I think you could pick worse choices for the role than Adkins. Then again, I have a feeling it will be someone else entirely.

There's a good chance roles like Daredevil and Iron Fist will be complete unknowns.

I'd rather he be Taskmaster. You'd need a better actor to hold up a TV series by himself. I suggest Liam McIntyre.

Scott Adkins for Robert downeys replacement! Trolololol

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"