Season 1, Episode 12: "Through the Valley of Death" (spoilers)

When Diggle showed up:

Dh1JRz7.jpg

Well if Vancouver's still wearing those Olympic sites with pride, then surely Metropolis would be when they inevitably hosted, too! Even the ones with whole other functions! :oldrazz:
What else do you do with an undoubtedly overpriced skating rink made for the event? Sure looks nice though. :o

Right away, this episode killed me by having the "Metropolis Institute of Technology" have the 2010 Olympic Experience banners on the wall.
I never noticed the banners. I was distracted by the name. It must be confusing to have two MITs. ;nd

More nerdy science notes ;nd

Summoning his super hearing, Jordan hears his dad’s cry. Then there’s a quick conversation:

“Jordan!”
“Dad!”
“Jordan.”
“Where are you?”
“The Badlands.”

Whereupon, Tal-Rho interrupts and warns Jordan about interfering. And this all occurs in real time. :ebr: Except… The speed of sound is approx.. 1234 km/sec. And where are the “Badlands”? Well, there are several. But the closest (I think) is in Nebraska, the state just north of Kansas. This is about 750km away. Therefore, one-way sound communication would take about 20+ minutes to go from source to destination. And the entire exchange would take maybe 1.5 to 2 hours.

Should have used cell phones. :cwink:

I like the stuff with Steel most about this show. Let me first say, thank you for not doing evil Superman! I am tired of it.

But the rest of the episode outside of that stuff...wasn't the best. I didnt like the cutting back to Lana's family. Maybe in an episode of less significance it would have worked. But with the urgency of this episode I didn't love going back to them.

I dont love Jordan as a character and this episode's struggle I thought was again, bad for him. I reacted the same way Billy Madison does when he heard The Puppy Who Lost It's Way. Your father is missing and you can help...stop whining, get out there, and you find your dad!!!! I get the whole what if I fail struggle, and normally that is fine. But your dad's life is in the balance. Complaining about some migraines with such high stakes....I am sorry, deal with it kid. Go save your frigging father.

So better thab last couple before it, but still some stuff I wasn't crazy about

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"