Arrow Arrow Season 4 Episode 11: "A.W.O.L"

herolee10

No More Miracles
Reaction score
12109059_618249871646382_6029075550708208325_n.png

DIGGLE VS. SHADOWSPIRE — Diggle (David Ramsey) must learn to trust his brother Andy (guest star Eugene Byrd) when an enemy of their wartime past, an agent of the criminal organization Shadowspire, pays a visit to Star City. However, Diggle learns more than he bargained for about their shared time at war. Meanwhile, Oliver (Stephen Amell) has to learn a whole new way of life. Charlotte Brandstrom directed the episode written by Brian Ford Sullivan & Emilio Ortega Aldrich (#411).

EXTENDED TV PROMO
[YT]y7E5c-xSmI8[/YT]

This Arrow episode looks a lot like a Louisville/Virginia Tech Basketball game.

Seriously, CW decided to push my episode back until 10. I hadn't seen them do that since the UPN days. Didn't know that still happened.

This Arrow episode looks a lot like a Louisville/Virginia Tech Basketball game.

Seriously, CW decided to push my episode back until 10. I hadn't seen them do that since the UPN days. Didn't know that still happened.

Sorry to hear about that. Well, from the looks of the trailer alone, it doesn't seem like you'll be missing out on a lot until the Episode goes on the air for you. The episode seems pretty Felicity-Centric to me and history has shown that any episode centered around her is never a good thing.lol

Dammit, I knew they were going to do this :(

Deadshot
Waller
Katana (I believe she shows up in an upcoming episode)

Warner Brothers making them kill off all the characters in the Suicide Squad movie. So much for Geoff Johns saying "both universes can co-exist"

Actually kind of worried about Barry now, especially with them bringing Wally West in.

What was the code name he gave Felicity?

Other than the awful scenes with Felicity talking to herself, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Diggle episodes are always good ****.

It was a good episode. Not my favorite of the season but it was a very strong character episode for Diggle and Felicity. It was nice to see Goth Felicity back, I like her and I still find it weird how Felicity basically rebooted herself.

Loved the Laurel/Oliver scene, it was a nice double whammy of Laurel training (Katie looked and was badass in it) and the two characters having a good moment together. This is what Laurel should be able to do for Oliver even if they aren't together, reassure him about things and help him through these emotional times when he doubts himself.

Deadshot
Waller

Warner Brothers making them kill off all the characters in the Suicide Squad movie. So much for Geoff Johns saying "both universes can co-exist"

Actually kind of worried about Barry now, especially with them bringing Wally West in.

We have no confirmation that they have to kill off these characters. We had rumors at the beginning of the season that they were going to kill off Waller. Of course in the end it was a waste of a death because they never actually utilized the character.

Deadshot
Waller

Yeah, when Katana showed up, I predicted that it was mainly to kill her. Once I saw Waller was in this episode, I expected the same.

Real shame.

It was Overwatch, but did anyone else catch what he mumbled after?

He said he was going to call her Oracle but it was already taken. Are they suddenly acknowledging Batman exists now?

Waller's death didn't feel as forced as Deadshot's death. Now Lyla can go back to Argus and possibly run it. It seemed like the best thing to do for the story.

Overwatch is an ok name for Felicity. Really reminds me of an alternate Watchtower that Chloe got in Smallville but there are only so many names. The joke about Oracle being taken was funny.

Laurels reaction to finding out about timetravel was cute and funny. Now that she is in on that tiny piece of information, I do wonder if it leads to Oliver telling her about his baby momma.

I like that they have FINALLY got used to not saying real names while out in the field. They have code names for a reason so it is nice to see them used.

Waller's death didn't feel as forced as Deadshot's death. Now Lyla can go back to Argus and possibly run it. It seemed like the best thing to do for the story.

I remember hearing that David Ramsey said that after S3 ended they were going to kill off Waller and have Lyla take over so I wouldn't be surprised.

I thought it was a solid episode I didn't expect Waller to bite it then but at the same not surprised.

Oh you know something's wrong with the universe when Oliver Queen is being a better boyfriend and involved in a healthy relationship over the likes of Barry Allen.lol

I thought tonight's episode was relatively good. Like others have said, it was definitely a great character driven episode and I enjoyed on how Felicity was written her when it came to coping with her issues, especially when compared to previous episodes when she would have to deal with other internal issues of her own.

The only issue that i had was how sloppy some of the action choreography was for the fight scene at ARGUS.

Andy's stunt double was so easy to spot. It almost looked like it was a white dude who pulled a RDJ-Style "Tropic Thunder" on himself by covering his face with dark brown foundation and a fake afro wig.

And Lyla's fighting style was somewhat laughable to watch as well, namely just the way on how she was repeatedly throwing (ineffective) punches at one of the mercenaries.

They really need to get that guy that directed the action packed episode earlier this season (the one that revealed that Andy was alive in the first place) to direct more of the action sequences.

Can you imagine if this was a S2 episode? Felicity wouldve become a full on druggie.

I enjoyed today's episode, too. I thought the character stuff was mostly solid, the Felicity hallucination was well written, imo, even is the reasoning behind her existence is wonky (I'll let it slide in a universe with magic and sci-fi stuff going on). I found it funny that Laurel could guess how Oliver felt about a girlfriend even though he was nothing like that decent and attentive eight years ago. Still, the scene was nice.

Losing Deadshot last year was lame, but I didn't really care about Waller. Letting Lyla have a thing seems like a good move.

I loved Felicity's line near the end about Waller (when Ollie and Lyla were toasting her and Felicity reminded everyone what a scumbag Waller was).

If Oracle is taken... Then that means Batman is out there somewhere... Right?

With that ending I think someone in the Diggle Family is going to die

over watch which is fitting and a name I'm down for. also it was interesting to see Andy acting normal instead of what seem like semi mind controlled via that pill they mention earlier this season. but hopefully that's addressed . but it seem's he was never on a mission for Argus or waller or some got screwed up where the writers were possibly headed with that. but it was a good episode I thought it would had felicity be out of the hero biz for a bit and she'd have mr. terrific take over for her while she recovered befor coming back. but this did well.

it was interesting that while lyla made oliver say cheer's to walller's life , felicity brought up yeah remember when she brought drones to burn the city? that's right over watch/ felicity tell it like it is.

If Oracle is taken... Then that means Batman is out there somewhere... Right?
it mean they might (operative word here)have plans for Barbra and Night wing station wise or are in talks but nothings set in stone as full on show.
Don't ever expect to see batman if ever. those two and possibly certain titans members may be. but not for a while.

And but not Batman him self.

lol waller had psycho boss's worse then her self that were Generals. one of them is in the flash is ab branch of argus he run's in central city.

So good luck with that.

she wasn't the over all boss sadly and the organization is corrupt

Last edited:
Can you imagine if this was a S2 episode? Felicity wouldve become a full on druggie.

Felicity would have become a druggie, while Lyla would have divorced Diggs (again), and Oliver would move out of the house to give Felicity space before spending a night with Laurel as a result of being frustrated and tricking her into pity sex.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"