Black Lightning Season 1, Episode 2-"Lawanda: The Book of Hope"

I don't know, that opening scene looked like he was using his powers to deal with pain.

But, hasn't it been almost a decade since he used his powers? He wasn't BL for all that time and Lynn didn't even get back with him. Not sure what was supposed to be different now (before the pilot) that kept making her say, "No."

OMG ! THIS SHOW IS THE ****!

Gil Scott Heron REALLY in a super hero show... AMAZING!

This is Black Panther Black, I mean its like real than real, the things the black characters say are ACTUALLY **** black people say and that's RARE!

"Call me a Biyatch again ..." at that point I forgot it was a show LOL

This is Netflix, Marvel good..probably better and I never thought I'd say that about a DC joint.

This is Netflix, Marvel good..probably better and I never thought I'd say that about a DC joint.
I’d say it’s better

The one thing I like about DCTV over Marvels Netflix shows is the use of powers.
Marvel has always been much better in story,writing,and tone though.
I feel like BL is a perfect mix of the two and ends up being better than both :funny:

This show is actually really good.
It seems on his way to be the best cw dc show.
I hope it keeps up this way.

Nice tension, good characters, it seems real.

When do we get a origin story? I take it that Black Lightning is a meta-human who was either born or made that way but he biologically passed powers onto his 2 daughters?

I imagine when he reveals his powers to his daughters.

And quite thirsty for Jefferson...

This might be the realest show on the CW right now, man.
seriously man!! he shot girl like she was nothing. i kinda hated seeing dude get killed cause he was a nastydude, so i can imagine what Tobias has planned. i really dont know who i dig more right now Jefferson or THUNDER! cause i know once baby girl gets going she is going to be hell!! i dug the scene of his powers causing him pain cause you dude wants to put his foot in someone's ash for causing him all the grief and messing things up with his wife
i love this show!!

This show feels like it should be on Netflix. Maybe they should consider going there so they can push things even further. At least it doesn't move as slowly as a Netflix show though.

You don't normally see two girls practically naked in bed in a normal CW show.

Did the police captain realise that Jefferson is BL?

And is Thunder going to keep her powers from the rest of her family?
When will she realise who her father is?

There's a certain unease about this show.

Was coming on here to say I hope that the woman with Whale is Syonide but according to IMDB it is. Obviously, it could be just some random changing it so I'm only going to take it with a pinch of salt but I hope it is. I was worried that the series was just going to have Whale and a bunch of ransoms for his employees, but by adding Grace Choi as Anissa's girlfriend I could see it likely be Syonide so that's cool. And her equipment could be interesting to see play against Black Lightning, she uses electrical whips. Let's hope it is and we get to see her do something instead of being a background prop.

I didn’t really like this episode show, it was structurally pretty much the same as the first episode. I don’t like that’s Black Lightning suit either, it just looks so damn tacky. Like something you’d have gotten in a Schumacher Batman film.

Also and this pains me to say but James Remar is awful in this. It’s like he’s reading the lines as he talks.

Didn't James Remar play Hawkman or someone like that?

Lawanda's death had impact and it's a good trigger to start getting BL in action properly.
Anissa in the store was cool too. I thought Lala would last a bit longer lol.

This show feels like it should be on Netflix. Maybe they should consider going there so they can push things even further. At least it doesn't move as slowly as a Netflix show though.

I just watched it on Netflix lol.

I just watched it on Netflix lol.

Not in the US. It is made for the CW. So, you are not likely to see cable like language. I do just barely get to the point where the censors would step in.

Not in the US. It is made for the CW. So, you are not likely to see cable like language. I do just barely get to the point where the censors would step in.

Yes, this was on U.K. Netflix. It does seem more suited to Netflix with the nature of the content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"