Strange New Worlds Season 1, Episode 3: "Ghosts of Illyria" (SPOILERS)

Yeah, I totally forgot to mention Romijn's suddenly close to Vulcan-looking eyebrows since I noticed it as well. A bit peculiar.

Up until this episode we know nothing about Una other than being a female first officer. Now we know who she is and what she's about.

She is Star Trek's own Wonder Woman.

Up until this episode we know nothing about Una other than being a female first officer. Now we know who she is and what she's about.

She is Star Trek's own Wonder Woman.
She's an expert in disguise and impersonation. They should have put her in a blue uniform, regardless of canon.

Rebecca was great in this episode. Really enjoyed how they explored Una’s past and heritage, while showcasing her abilities as a leader and (presumably) an eventual captain.

And the stuff at the end with M’Benga was heartbreaking.

The comments made thus far about this episode reflect my own. Uneven, but still good. Had some real gems in it, but not loving that every character is getting some secret, tragic backstory. M'Benga hiding his daughter, Una hiding her species, etc.

Also, maybe I am a bit slow on the uptake, but has anyone else noticed they have done something weird with Number One's eyebrows? They look almost Vulcan now, which is not natural for Romijn or how she appeared on Discovery. I guess this is part of the retcon of Number One's origins?

In early makeup tests for Majel Barrett for the Cage she had upswept eyebrows like a Vulcan.

4235980676_045acefa06_b.jpg

Rebecca was great in this episode. Really enjoyed how they explored Una’s past and heritage, while showcasing her abilities as a leader and (presumably) an eventual captain.

And the stuff at the end with M’Benga was heartbreaking.

Can totally believe Rebecca is a genetically engineered super-woman ! She was great as Mystique, and terrific in SNW.

Meanwhile, Sisko is over here with a flamethrower...

It is kind of neat see the premise of "Dr. Bashir, I Presume" expanded beyond a single episode (we do not talk about the other augment DS9 episodes). Just another fun Star Trek ass Star Trek episode, with some great character beats for Una and M'benga.

Though, clearly, lower decks is constantly on my brain. Looking at Uhura's cadet quarters, clearly they built the Cali class to screw over ensigns and cadets. Also, can't help thinking about ascension when thinking about those Ilyrian colonists.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"