Season 1, Episode 7: "Man of Steel" (SPOILERS)

Awesome reveal. I actually joked to myself saying "Hehe he could make a good Steel. Even has the suit". Then they dropped "John Henry Irons" and I lost my mind.

I'm disappointed by the general lack of excitement from the "reactors" on youtube. Some of them didn't even know who he was. I guess I'm an older fan. I've been wanting to see a live action Steel redeemed since that awful Shaq movie.

This.

And honestly, I'm upset at the lack of big "comic book fan" youtubers not talking about this. I've seen a few videos early on, but it feels like a lot of them aren't even talking about it anymore. And this show has a lot for comic book fans to be excited about.

So my family and I just got around to watching this. My son and I just lost our minds. I didn’t see that reveal coming. I’m so stoked about the rest of this season.

if I could give this episode an 11 I would. That was incredible.

Maybe they can get Shaquille O'Neal to guest star as Jeremy Irons's father as a nod to the movie.
I really wanted to see that in Supergirl, because CW are pretty good with fan service. (Casting Dean Cain and Helen Slater etc).
Jimmy really should have been Steel instead of Guardian, and Shaq/John Henry Irons should have been his mentor.

This.

And honestly, I'm upset at the lack of big "comic book fan" youtubers not talking about this. I've seen a few videos early on, but it feels like a lot of them aren't even talking about it anymore. And this show has a lot for comic book fans to be excited about.
Yea the hardcores and older fans were excited, but this reveal was lost on younger fans.

They better give Steel a spin off or at least a redemption arc. I'm assuming there going to make peace and probably team up against Morgan Edge.

I really wanted to see that in Supergirl, because CW are pretty good with fan service. (Casting Dean Cain and Helen Slater etc).
Jimmy really should have been Steel instead of Guardian, and Shaq/John Henry Irons should have been his mentor.

I've always thought that Jimmy should've been Steel instead. As Jimmy, Mechad Brooks was miscast. It would be far more fitting for his physique to be Steel, especially since Shaq was tall as well. Would've been a better use of him, although would he have seemed like a version of Lex Luthor if he had starred in Superman and Lois instead?

I've always thought that Jimmy should've been Steel instead. As Jimmy, Mechad Brooks was miscast. It would be far more fitting for his physique to be Steel, especially since Shaq was tall as well. Would've been a better use of him, although would he have seemed like a version of Lex Luthor if he had starred in Superman and Lois instead?
Not only would Steel fit his physique, it would make WAY more sense that Guardian because Guardian was supposed to help Supergirl, but was far weaker and was damn near useless lol.

Did Lois know who John Henry Irons was? Had Superman fought another version of him before? I just realized once she was told who he actually was, she seemed to know and sort of panic.

Did Lois know who John Henry Irons was? Had Superman fought another version of him before? I just realized once she was told who he actually was, she seemed to know and sort of panic.
I just noticed that in the re-run, too. I think it's safe to say she didn't KNOW him personally, since he looked the same on this world and she would have recognized him if so, but it seems like she recognized the name. The way he died on this world might have been newsworthy.

Something else I noticed in the re-run: Leslie Larr flinching when Edge said for her sake, her plan had better work. She seemed genuinely afraid of him in that moment. Which to me suggests two possibilities: He's got something that can kill these "resurrected Kryptonians," or he IS one of the resurrected Kryptonians in Morgan Edge's body.

Maybe they can get Shaquille O'Neal to guest star as Jeremy Irons's father as a nod to the movie.
I think you meant to say John Henry Irons. You said the name of Simon Gruber, the butler who taught Diana Prince how to properly prepare tea.

Something else I noticed in the re-run: Leslie Larr flinching when Edge said for her sake, her plan had better work. She seemed genuinely afraid of him in that moment. Which to me suggests two possibilities: He's got something that can kill these "resurrected Kryptonians," or he IS one of the resurrected Kryptonians in Morgan Edge's body.
Could explain why Lois wondered if his accent is real. Original Morgan Edge is American but the kryptonian inhabiting him could sound British like jor-el in this show

Real cool episode! I'll toss in a 'didn't see that coming' like most everyone else.:D Also a nice touch in using the Luthor name, as it being the only identity that will allow him to use the suit. The hammer was cool too! He's getting all his toys together.
Now I want to know how Supes on his world turned evil and what he was like before, and also how Irons got to this Earth. I'm sure it had something to do with the ship he had, but I'm also curious if it's possible to recreate the crossing? I would like to see his daughter show up. Unless she's already dead, as thinking about it just now, I don't imagine he would leave her behind...
My one and only groan moment was, of course!, Lois from his Earth was his wife... Ugh. Not a complication this story line needed.

As a follow-up, did I miss something? What resurrected Kryptonians?!:eek:

As a follow-up, did I miss something? What resurrected Kryptonians?!:eek:
Ever since Derek Powell talked to Superman as a Kryptonian in episode 5, the popular belief (including from Lois and Clark) is that Edge isn’t “giving humans powers,” but rather bringing back Kryptonians in human hosts. This is reinforced by that Edge flashback in episode 4 when he found what he was looking for in that meteor shower and said something like “the resurrection begins.”

Everything there is to say, you all said it already. Another good episode. :yay: I would've been shocked at the twist if it hadn't been spoiled for me already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"