Season 2, Episode 13: "All Is Lost"

Web-Head

Oh boy yeah
Reaction score
Official Synopsis:

Clark and Lois disagree on the best way to figure out if Ally Allston went to the Inverse World; John Henry makes a surprising discovery; Lois sets out to find Lucy.

So late in the season we see how Lucy Lane joined Ally’s cult.

Ally has become a powerful villain.

We get to see Steel and Steel Girl in live action for the first time. History made.

Now we understand why the episode was titled All Is Lost and why the season finale is called Waiting For Superman.

The biggest problem that I have with this season's main threat is that they haven't really explained the danger of having people merge with their Bizarro counterparts. Does one personality gain control over the other? Will everyone receive the same powers that Ally has?

The biggest problem that I have with this season's main threat is that they haven't really explained the danger of having people merge with their Bizarro counterparts. Does one personality gain control over the other? Will everyone receive the same powers that Ally has?

Taking 2 lives and making them 1 seems pretty problematic enough

Interesting episode that showed a lot, especially how powerful Ally has become. Not to mention the juggling of multiple subplots that mostly worked. Some great setup leading into the conclusion of this season

The only things that hurt this episode was late developments such as Clark addressing his sons needs and flashbacks of how Lucy Lane joined Ally's cult that drove a wedge with her family.

The ones who are involved in the main season plot are Superman, Lois, Jonathan, Jordan, John, Natalie, General Sam, Lucy, Tal-Rho, Chrissy, Ally, Bizarro, Bizarro-Lana, and Anderson.

The ones who are not are Lana and her family. Despite running for Mayor, separating from Kyle, and learning Clark's secret Lana has no involvement in the A-storyline. She may not be involved until during he final two episodes of the season.

A few thoughts regarding tonight's episode.
  • I get Jordan is supposed to be young and blinded by love, but he is easily one of the most irritating characters to watch whenever Sarah is involved. I really don't know if the writers are trying to make us root for him and Sarah or to wish that they stay away from each other forever.
  • Speaking of irritating characters, you can officially dub Chrissy as being one of the worst in the whole Arrowverse. I really don't get why Lois, or anyone puts up with her self-entitled attitude.
  • Clark and Lois continue to show on why they're the real MVPs.
  • Would it kill the show's producers to have Ally's character look like her comic counterpart and not a female version of Tal-Rho (e.g., Trench Coat, energy absorption in space)?
  • Given Lana's reaction to Clark's secret, I can't really blame the guy for wanting to not share it with a lot of people. Why can't anyone have a reaction like Thea or Moira Queen when it comes to learning someone's secret identity?
  • I really hope that we see Lois and Lucy's mother make an appearance next season.

Last edited:
I really liked this one. Any episode that gives me scenes of Clark bonding with each of his sons is gonna rate highly for me. Loved his chat with Jon, and those training scenes with Jordan were pure joy. I'm glad they also addressed how left out Jon would feel after that, too. Little things like that let me know that the writers are paying attention.

Lucy was verging into "too dumb to live" territory, so I was glad Ally showed her true colors when she did. Not sure how much more I could take of watching the former completely tune out reason.

Great seeing Natalie suit up. Also just the right amount of Cushings this episode, I thought. I was glad Lana shut down Jordan, tbh. Kid needs to move on and stop turning into a kicked puppy when it comes to Sarah. I was also glad to see Chrissy back. She doesn't bother me like she does others. Frankly, with the info she's been given, I don't blame her for her POV at all, tbh. And I always like having someone who's not an antagonist who will still push against our heroes and call them on their behavior. That's why I missed Snapper Carr when he left Supergirl, and was glad Andrea stuck around on that show - it was good for Kara to have someone at work who wasn't her cheerleader, and called her on her professional failings when she was focused on superhero-ing. And I feel the same about Clark and Lois. Lois has been far from a forthcoming or ideal business partner this season. Obviously, we know what all she's been dealing with, but Chrissy doesn't. That's part of the struggle of secrets and a double-life, and a pretty essential part of the superhero story, imo.

Clark's absolute elation and joy at seeing Jordan fly was fantastic. Such a Dad reaction from him, but a really great moment for the two as well- more so for helping Jordan get out of his funk.

During my misspent youth (back in the Pleistocene Era) there was a certain amount of... “experimentation” with mind-altering substances. And eventually, the possibility of LSD presented itself. But I was reluctant. I had heard horror stories of acid stoners stepping off tall buildings because they thought they could fly. “Those guys were idiots,” my buddy said, trying to allay my fears. “Obviously, if you really can fly, hovering should be your first attempt. And if you can’t manage that simple skill, you’ve got no business jumping off tall stuff.”

I was reminded of this as I watched Jordan (with Dad’s encouragement) leap into a 1000-foot Arctic crevasse. :word:

Last edited:
A few thoughts regarding tonight's episode.
  • I get Jordan is supposed to be young and blinded by love, but he is easily one of the most irritating characters to watch whenever Sarah is involved. I really don't know if the writers are trying to make us root for him and Sarah or to wish that they stay away from each other forever.
  • Speaking of irritating characters, you can officially dub Chrissy as being one of the worst in the whole Arrowverse. I really don't get why Lois, or anyone puts up with her self-entitled attitude.
  • Clark and Lois continue to show on why they're the real MVPs.
  • Would it kill the show's producers to have Ally's character look like her comic counterpart and not a female version of Tal-Rho (e.g., Trench Coat, energy absorption in space)?
  • Given Lana's reaction to Clark's secret, I can't really blame the guy for wanting to not share it with a lot of people. Why can't anyone have a reaction like Thea or Moira Queen when it comes to learning someone's secret identity?
  • I really hope that we see Lois and Lucy's mother make an appearance next season.

The writers haven't done Chrissy or Lana many favors in the past couple of episodes.

During my misspent youth (back in the Pleistocene Era) there was a certain amount of... “experimentation” with mind-altering substances. And eventually, the possibility of LSD presented itself. But I was reluctant. I had heard horror stories of acid stoners stepping off tall buildings because they thought they could fly. “Those guys were idiots,” my buddy said, trying to allay my fears. “Obviously, if you really can fly, hoovering should be your first attempt. And if you can’t manage that simple skill, you’ve got no business jumping off tall stuff.”

I was reminded of this as I watched Jordan (with Dad’s encouragement) leap into a 1000-foot Arctic crevasse. :word:

Hoovering? Why would someone who discovers they can fly suddenly go and do the vacuum cleaning?

Reactions: Dr.
I get the feeling Supergirl doesn't exist in this show because wouldn't they turn to her next without Superman? She'd be equally powerful.

I get the feeling Supergirl doesn't exist in this show because wouldn't they turn to her next without Superman? She'd be equally powerful.

According to the show's producer, we'll finally get our answer regarding this show's connection with the larger Arrowverse in the season finale.

According to the show's producer, we'll finally get our answer regarding this show's connection with the larger Arrowverse in the season finale.

That sounds like it can only be something negative when they're so cagey like that. And since they won't plan on having Supergirl as a regular, it's likely they'll disconnect this show from hers.

That sounds like it can only be something negative when they're so cagey like that. And since they won't plan on having Supergirl as a regular, it's likely they'll disconnect this show from hers.

Perhaps. I'm still leaning towards my theory of this show taking place in the not too distant future from the current Arrowverse timeline. It's possible that something may have happened to the other heroes off-screen before the events of this show.

So what should Clark do when he's powerless - grab some X-Kryptonite?

you-you-de-niro.gif

Allow Lex Luthor to try to kill him with Kryptonite and then look at it in curiosity before plucking it out of his hand and casually tossing it away.

Wasn't there some mention of Supergirl and Martian Manhunter being off planet somewhere?

Wasn't there some mention of Supergirl and Martian Manhunter being off planet somewhere?
Alex said that in the first episode of Flash S8, the first Armageddon episode. That’s not a permanent excuse.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"