Season 2, Episode 4: "The Inverse Method" (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Superman & Lois' started by flickchick85, Jan 14, 2022.

1. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Official Synopsis:
    Lucy!

Lily Adler and Sithborg like this.
  2. Lily Adler Politically Delicious (P) (she/her/hers)

Superwoman?

flickchick85 likes this.
  3. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Maybe someday. A gal can dream.

Lily Adler likes this.
  4. Lily Adler Politically Delicious (P) (she/her/hers)

Maybe she takes Cyborg Superman's spot in RotS? :mrk:

flickchick85 likes this.
  5. flickchick85 Admin of Might

I wouldn't argue with that!

Lily Adler likes this.
  6. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Lucy Lane as Superwoman is a must. Maybe she and John Henry can hook up.

7. Lily Adler Politically Delicious (P) (she/her/hers)

Still Lana/John good sir, so I must respectfully decline that wish.

[​IMG]

8. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Except Lana is married unless you want to kill off Kyle.

Karelia likes this.
  9. Lily Adler Politically Delicious (P) (she/her/hers)

[​IMG]

10. hopefuldreamer Clark Kent > Superman

11. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

There is a comics storyline involving Lucy Lane and Bizarro.

I would like to see Bizarro World or Htrae in live-action, square and all.

12. hopefuldreamer Clark Kent > Superman

13. Sithborg Registered

Jimmy nod?

14. hopefuldreamer Clark Kent > Superman

I'd love to get excited about the Parasite name drop, but after they name dropped Doomsday as a tease, I don't know what to believe :D

Slick, Lily Adler and Karelia like this.
  15. vantheman77 Superman Fan 4 Life

Great Episode, especially with the full fledged Superman/ Bizarro fight.

Holy Slapper, Slick and KaijuDude1992 like this.
  16. NotNickFury Registered

Chrissy's definitely going under some deep cover. No way she'd get sucked in so easily.

With how great Bizarro looks, I'd love to see this series take a crack at villains like Metallo or Parasite or Brainiac. Or giving us a proper Cyborg Superman.

Slick likes this.
  17. KaijuDude1992 Registered

Man why does it seem like everytime this show is actually starting to gain some real momentum they choose to put it on hiatus until like the end of the month? That annoyed the hell out me last season too, but at least I could understand it because of all the COVID craziness going on at that time.

Oh well it was still a great episode IMO, especially the Bizzaro fight with Supes and Steel.

Slick likes this.
  18. NotNickFury Registered

The break blows, but can't be helped with the Winter Olympics starting soon.

19. Prison Mike Don't drop the soap!

Will be interesting to see Jordan train with Sam but keeping it a secret will end pretty badly.

Slick likes this.
  20. Web-Head Oh boy yeah

A LOT happened in this one. I have a feeling Chrissy has something up her sleeve, but man is Ally creepy. I can't wait to see how that whole thing plays out and seeing how things play out with Lucy and Lois.

Jordan was pretty dumb for using his powers like that but I commend him for trying to do the right thing. Disappointed Jonathan took the X-K but it makes sense. Something's gonna have to come from that too.

Bizarro! A couple of pretty cool action sequences and the other two "Supers" were just killed off like that? I mean, they were just dead weight anyway but felt like "oh, two of them died already...oh well"

John Henry - I get the feeling they want us to think it's his funeral in the promo but there's no way they kill him off.

Back to Jordan beginning his training - it makes sense but won't end well with it being a secret.

Oh, the Cushing storyline! Things are heating up there. Rooting for Kyle but I have a feeling he's going to let me down :funny:

Just a two week break, I can deal with that. Hate the cliffhanger with Kyle and John though.

Slick likes this.
  21. Gaultheria Registered

Could be that’s how this Parasite’s powers work, like Maxwell Lord in the comics.

22. Gaultheria Registered

I’m surprised they both had speaking roles.

23. herolee10 No More Miracles

Overall, I enjoyed tonight's episode.
    • The CGI background didn't look so great during the final Bizarro sequence. However, most of the shots involving Superman fighting Bizzaro still came off looking good imho.
    • I did not see that twist coming concerning Kyle and the bartender.
    • I personally liked that they describe the effects of X-Kryptonite being different for everyone. I'm curious to see on whether Jonathan's Kryptonian DNA will cause him to have side effects when compared to normal people.
    • Chrissy's character is really getting annoying to watch now. Herl self-righteous attitude really reminds me of Felicity's character when she was at her worst.

KaijuDude1992 and Perfect Cell like this.
  24. flickchick85 Admin of Might

Another good episode, though not quite as good as last week's imo.

First off, John Henry Irons has my heart, and he'd better stick around on this show for a long, long time. And now that Kyle appears to be a cheater, I say yes @Lily Adler , bring on his romance with Lana from the New 52. After she divorces Kyle, of course. John is definitely rivaling Clark as my favorite character at the moment.

I felt Natalie's outburst at Clark. She's not wrong. Clark keeps going into this with a "I can totally handle it!" attitude - which yes, is a very in-character flaw - but the fact that John keeps having to bail him out after he does so has now gotten the latter seriously injured. Clark needs to take better care with his own safety so that he can better care for the safety of those around him. He needs to start using his brain more. Even Tag displayed more strategy than him in that fight by stealing Bizarro's pendant that is clearly significant to his power in some way.

My biggest complaint about the episode is that too little was made of those two "Supermen's" death. They were practically kids. Even Clark glossed over it more than I'd like. I mean, I'm sure we'll be seeing more repercussions of it in the next episode, but it still should've been better addressed in THIS episode, imo. They were just doing so much in this episode that the gravity of that moment never got to properly land.

Jonathan's being dumb, but we all saw this coming. Makes sense though, given the circumstances.

The Sam training Jordan subplot was one I did not see coming, and I am here for it. A great way to use Sam since he's out of the DoD, and some new screentime for Jordan that's not tied to a fleeting high school romance, lol.

The Ally/Lois/Lucy thing is compelling to me, but also frustrating to watch because it feels pretty real, tbh. Though I don't buy Chrissy's turn, so I do hope it's just a deep cover thing. I'll be honest, I don't get what was so bad about anything Lois said in that fight with Lucy that was recorded. Her sister was OD'ing, clearly out of her right mind on drugs (which I'm sure there's a medical record of), so why WOULD she listen to whatever she was saying at that moment?? Why would she be expected to include her rantings in that moment in her article? Like, I get why it would sound horrible to the other cultists and just reaffirm what they've already been led to believe about Lois' narrative, but to Chrissy? I don't get it.

Sad we have to go on hiatus now, but at least it's not a long one.

EDIT: Side note, they've been calling a Lieutenant (3-star) General "Lieutenant" for the first 3 episodes. Whoops. At least they finally corrected it (with what sounds like some last-minute ADR) here, lol.

Slick, Shinobi Shaw, Sithborg and 5 others like this.
  25. Gaultheria Registered

I like how Salar de Uyuni is the world’s largest mirror. Appropriate setting for that fight.

Perfect Cell and flickchick85 like this.