Daredevil Season 3, Episode 1 "Resurrection" (USE SPOILER TAGS!)

flickchick85

Admin of Might
Staff member
Reaction score
https%3A%2F%2Fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com%2Fuploads%2Fcard%2Fimage%2F849401%2Fe8b0a60b-672f-4480-bf20-079faf336ac1.jpg

Discuss Episode 1: "Resurrection" here.

ANY SPOILERS FOR EPISODES BEYOND THIS ONE MUST BE TAGGED.

Last edited:
Solid start to the season. Set a lot of groundwork and got off on the right foot.

Matt mentions someone told him warriors shouldn't care about people or something along those lines, who was he referring to? I couldn't remember..

My guess is Slick.

Damn this is good. The cinematography is damn fine. And the sound. Better than the entire season of iron fist and Jessica jones that I painfully made myself to sit through. I’m not a big fan of the Ray part bit of a cliche but I guess they need to show his motivation going forward.

I have to say that as a Catholic that Matt's take on the story of Job was sort of... fascinating. I have a feeling that Ray will eventually get pulled into Fisk's clutches. It was nice to see some follow-up to Matt's confession to Karen at the end of season 2.

Loved this. Great start. Slow but necessary. This season is going to be about rebuilding Matt Murdock but we need to deconstruct him first. I love the vibe and atmosphere of this show, thats always been the allured of it since season one. Even the slow talky scenes are engaging because Charlie Cox commands the screen.

Also the fight scene we got at the end put everything we've seen in Iron Fist to shame. No one does fight scenes like this showm

So...how did Matt survive Defenders finale?

Who knows? Who cares? That's about the gist of it.

Caught this this morning. Just great to be back in the world of Daredevil. Such a consistent show.

Man does it feel good being back in this world. I liked how most of this episode focused on building Matt back up and I am already loving his interactions with Sister Maggie. Also, why does the cinematography in this show look leaps and bounds better than the rest of the Marvel/Netflix shows? I know I have said this before about the previous seasons, but this is truly the most cinematic of the shows by a long shot.

Man does it feel good being back in this world. I liked how most of this episode focused on building Matt back up and I am already loving his interactions with Sister Maggie. Also, why does the cinematography in this show look leaps and bounds better than the rest of the Marvel/Netflix shows? I know I have said this before about the previous seasons, but this is truly the most cinematic of the shows by a long shot.
Superior creators. No way Scott Buck is getting anywhere close to this. And yeah, I loved his relationship with Sister Maggie.

I'm a bit late tonight, but I'll at least be able to watch one episode. I do think the Manhattan goes best with Daredevil. Although I have a bit of a cold and was tempted to suggest the red-colored drink of "Nyquil" instead:

2 oz Whiskey
3/4 oz Sweet Vermouth
Bitters
Maraschino Cherry

We start off with an almost perfunctory explanation for how he escaped. Is it great? Not really, but it'll do. The recovery is at least earned. I like that he's struggling and not instantly on his feet. I like suggesting other stories besides Born Again for the influence (for faking his own death, we have Fall From Grace). As far as Matt Murdock losing his senses, I feel like we haven't gotten that since Frank Miller was on the book (not Born Again, though). When Matt poured water in his nose and blood came out, I felt sympathy - I too feel really congested. Maybe a little less gross, though.

The time jumps weren't the clearest in explanation, but I love the conversation between Karen and Matt right after he got his powers. It was well-handled - possibly better than Matt and Foggy. I loved the reference to the book of Job. I'm not sure Matt is God's perfect servent and there's quite an ego for him to think he is, but the analogy feels good and it's likely only to get worse for Matt as we go forward. The music was nice with a sort of orchestral feel. I like that Matt has not recovered yet.

I feel there's a lot of table setting and a lot of resetting from Defenders. Given that, things were more slow burn rather than excitement. But there's a lot of subtle moments I really loved. Four and a Half Stars.

A solid opening. Matt can be such an ass.

Just finished 1. I just have to say the score is incredible. It complements each scene perfectly.

Can't wait to continue.

So...

Anyone want to tackle how Matt survived Midland Circle? he had to be hundreds of feet underground. How would he get spit out a drain pipe into a river?

So...

Anyone want to tackle how Matt survived Midland Circle? he had to be hundreds of feet underground. How would he get spit out a drain pipe into a river?
The only way it would really make sense is if New York somehow had a mountain in the middle of it, which would let the drain pipe be at sea level. It looks like maybe he got launched into the air, though. It's obviously unclear. I think it's supposed to work if you don't think about it too much and maybe don't really pay attention in The Defenders.

The only way it would really make sense is if New York somehow had a mountain in the middle of it, which would let the drain pipe be at sea level. It looks like maybe he got launched into the air, though. It's obviously unclear. I think it's supposed to work if you don't think about it too much and maybe don't really pay attention in The Defenders.

It figures they just weren't going to explain it.

I mean, they did explain it, they just didn't explain it very well. If they wanted to not explain it, they could have not addressed it at all and started where we ended Defenders with him in the orphanage.

BTW, I feel I should mention I met the kid who is credited as "Orphan #1" at Baltimore Comic Con last year. I told him I'd keep a look out for his part when the season came out and then completely forgot to pay attention when it happened. But it shows how long this season has been in development if he filmed his role over a year ago.

I really love how Fisk had control over the other prisoners. "Quiet!"

I loved the sound design on this to show Matt's issues.

I really love how Fisk had control over the other prisoners. "Quiet!"
Yeah, that was probably the best moment of the episode. D'onfrio is very well suited to play Fisk.

Yeah, that was probably the best moment of the episode. D'onfrio is very well suited to play Fisk.
I would really struggle to imagine another guy playing Kingpin now.

It's so great to have this show back!
It was nice that they decided to show Karen's reaction to Matt's secret.
One of my favorite scenes has to be where he "rediscovered" his senses, and I thought "Ok this is interesting, is he gonna have to walk around barefoot now and always be in physical contact with his surroundings?" it reminded me of Toph from Avatar. I think it would be really cool to see a superhero lose one of his/her powers and have to find a way to permanently work around a "disability" and still being able to be a superhero.
He has a lot of pity for himself which I am not a fan of, and also that he kinda gave up at the fight in the streets. Still, he's been through a lot I guess.

Finally got motivated to start watching this again after finding out about the cancelation. First episode was great and good to have Matt back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"