Supergirl Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's mixing reality with fiction.

When it comes to Chyler he seems to have a brain freeze and can't tell the actress from the character. It happens quite often....it's ok...we are all use to it by now.

Oh, geeeeez now her head won't fit through the door...... :whatever:

Yes, Floriana has posted about it, and in many of the replies there is a lot of support for her decision.

I am glad there are some in social media who know when to move on Kel.

Her character won't be killed off. The most you'll get is a break up with her moving out of town.

Nia, that would be the safest bet for me and perhaps she might say to Alex, "Gotham awaits." Killing her off would trigger many people.

This is the problem with having the one gay character as a main cast member imo. Because this usually means the only other gay character on the show is the one they are dating. So once they break up, suddenly you have cut your gay character count in half, because they never stick around.

I'm just tired of the constant bed-hopping in superhero comics/other media in general. It gets tedious after awhile and hard to care about a particular couple since you know that 98% of the time, it won't last.

There's nothing wrong with long-term LI's. And I'd prefer that Alex's LI not just be that, because it makes them inherently far less interesting to watch than someone like Maggie had to potential to be.

Well, maybe Alex will hook up with Lena causing all the shippers' heads to explode and they'd no longer be a problem. :sly:

I have been hoping for this since around the fifth episode of this season. :mnm:

Not exactly shipping per say (because I prefer no romance focus at all); but it makes sense because at least Lena would be important to Kara as something other than Alex's LI. She has her own place in the show. So, it would not look like Alex is having a life and storyline that has nothing to do with the show's main storyline; it could be well-integrated. I think having Alex so separate from the main story was detrimental to her character this season.

Also, what with sibling rivalry, constant need to get parental approval etc. Alex and Lena will have a lot to connect about. And if it brings Alex's scientific side back to the fore that would be great.

However, I have a feeling the TPTB have Winn-Lena in mind and not Alex-Lena.

Anyways, if Alex-Lena doesn't happen, I'd rather she remain single because clearly, integrating a romance would have all the issues that they had with Maggie. If they want to try romance again in S4, it should be with someone who means something to Kara or the plot already (though I have no idea who that would be).

I made that comment facetiously, but in all seriousness, I do look forward to seeing Lena interact with the rest of the cast, especially Alex.

I made that comment facetiously, but in all seriousness, I do look forward to seeing Lena interact with the rest of the cast, especially Alex.

:)
Sure! I may have come across as too invested there. It is just that I have not liked the Sanvers relationship much and I have been casting around in my mind for a character who would work well with Alex and would not take away from the main story.

In any case, I do hope they mix and match more characters next season. Alex with Lena and Mon El (since he is coming back), Kara with J'onn and even her other friends with whom she has barely spent any time this season. I'd actually like to see Kara with Jeremiah too since it is always Alex we see with him. and yeah, Kara with Eliza (both with Eliza, really).

Oh I didn't mean to suggest you came across too invested or anything. I was just saying I hadn't really put any thought into that pairing when I suggested it. I merely threw it out there as a jab at the "Sanvers" and "Supercorp" shippers that drive Kelly crazy on Twitter, lol. But now that I have actually thought it about it, I agree with some of your points and wouldn't be opposed to seeing it. Especially in lieu of Alex getting another new girlfriend on the show, because frankly, we have enough characters as is, and that would be yet another tertiary character coming in to take up screentime for the sake of romance. But romantically or not, I do want to see Alex and Lena interact, because I think they'd have a lot of common ground that could make for an interesting dynamic.

Oh I didn't mean to suggest you came across too invested or anything. I was just saying I hadn't really put any thought into that pairing when I suggested it. I merely threw it out there as a jab at the "Sanvers" and "Supercorp" shippers that drive Kelly crazy on Twitter, lol. But now that I have actually thought it about it, I agree with some of your points and wouldn't be opposed to seeing it. Especially in lieu of Alex getting another new girlfriend on the show, because frankly, we have enough characters as is, and that would be yet another tertiary character coming in to take up screentime for the sake of romance. But romantically or not, I do want to see Alex and Lena interact, because I think they'd have a lot of common ground that could make for an interesting dynamic.

Okay. :)

Is this thread only for speculating about Maggie and Lima? Or, does the title indicate how Season 3 will differ from S2? How is this thread different from the "things I'd like to see in S3" thread because there seems to be some common elements?

Oh! But, may be we could discuss Kara's boss here now that Cat is unavailable and Snapper seems to be gone. That looks like a change than a wish list.

But, I am not sure who could replace either though. Unless Snapper has a recurring role. (But, either way, I do hope she does some proper journalism in S3).

Also, wasn't there some talk of a new journalist at the beginning of S2? Would they plan to include him in this season? Given the character traits, it may be a repeat of Kara and Mon El.

Okay. :)

Is this thread only for speculating about Maggie and Lima? Or, does the title indicate how Season 3 will differ from S2? How is this thread different from the "things I'd like to see in S3" thread because there seems to be some common elements?
Basically, this thread is for discussing reported news/changes about S3, while the other thread is more of a S3 "wishlist" kind of thing. But yes, there is some overlap in discussion between the two.

Basically, this thread is for discussing reported news/changes about S3, while the other thread is more of a S3 "wishlist" kind of thing. But yes, there is some overlap in discussion between the two.

Ah! Thank you! Now, I understand.

Last edited:
Don't know who she is. I'd have trouble seeing her as a love interest for Chyler though, because she looks a bit similar to her so one could mix them up.

Well, somebody has to play Reign, also. We shall see.

Edit: My brilliant contributions to this thread are being rendered pointless by ninja editing :o

Well, somebody has to play Reign, also. We shall see.

Edit: My brilliant contributions to this thread are being rendered pointless by ninja editing :o

What?????????

Don't know who she is. I'd have trouble seeing her as a love interest for Chyler though, because she looks a bit similar to her so one could mix them up.

She won't be a love interest for Chyler. Well ****....now you have me doing it....... ALEX.

She IF THIS RUMOR IS TRUE.....will be playing Reign.

I'm just kidding. When I first floated the Reign possibility, it wasn't in the earlier post, that's all :gngl:

OOOOOH, well when I first posted it, it was, then I wasn't sure if that is what the rumor exactly was so I took the Reign part out.......and then I checked and it was indeed for the villain, so I put it back in.....LOL

Usually Ninja editing means a mod or admin has gone into someone's post and edited something. I was sooooo confused. lol

She won't be a love interest for Chyler. Well ****....now you have me doing it....... ALEX.

She IF THIS RUMOR IS TRUE.....will be playing Reign.

lol it's the chyler Danvers thread . since there wasn't an a b or c listed in you posted question it was just where should we post? and tney you said the name in another question . I said yep cause it addressed the latter but I should have specified.

I see it's beginning to catch on. :woot:

haha....normally FC or myself do the ninja editing so I was trying to figure out when that happened.

It's just people typing at more or less the same time.

I made a really obvious suggestion.

"Ninja editing" was meant to be facetious in this case.

Whelp......looks like this one may be a hoax, just waiting for confirmation.

AAAAAAAND, its been confirmed, it's a fake story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"