Supergirl Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can we maybe just change this into the Season 3 General Discussion thread?

News & Discussion seems about right.

The Reign thing was just tvline fan-casting the girl from Reign as Reign because it was funny then suddenly, it became a rumor on the internet.

As long as it does not turn into another "What I want in Season 3" thread....

Reign has been cast. She'll be played by Odette Annable

o8pdmev.jpg

http://tvline.com/2017/05/31/supergirl-spoilers-reign-cast-odette-annable-season-3-villain/

They also have her as a series regular so she should be in quite a few episodes.

Kept up with her a bit after Cloverfield. Good to see she is still around.

I think the 3rd season will be the darkest for the show in terms of the stakes raised with the worldkiller like Reign.

I hope they bring back Indigo because she'd fit in with the Worldkillers.

Reign should be a good physical match for Supergirl.

I think the 3rd season will be the darkest for the show in terms of the stakes raised with the worldkiller like Reign.

I hope they bring back Indigo because she'd fit in with the Worldkillers.

Reign should be a good physical match for Supergirl.

No they can leave Indigo in Season 1.

Odette Annable is joining the CW drama as a series regular, playing its new Big Bad, TVLine has learned — though we hear Supergirl‘s version of Reign, one of several “Worldkillers” in the DC universe, will differ visually from the one you might already know from the comics (pictured above).

dy7pdt.gif

I swear if they make her into just a regular ol'human looking villain I am going to be pissed.

Honestly, I'm afraid of them trying too much with make-up and prosthetics. They don't have a good track record with that kind of stuff, lol.

Red Tornado, is that you?
Triggered.

To be fair, it's clear that the move from CBS to CW meant a new crew in this department, because S2 did do a better job there. I think the prosthetics/make-up people regularly employed by CBS just weren't used to genre stuff like this, while it's pretty much old hat to these Vancouver peeps, lol. I STILL don't trust them to do too much with Reign, though. Especially if we have to look at her for the majority of the episodes.

Last edited:
I like the character concept, but Reign's visual appearance in the comics doesn't blow me away.

It should be possible to do something a little different that also works, imho.

Triggered.

To be fair, it's clear that the move from CBS to CW meant a new crew in this department, because S2 did do a better job there. I think the prosthetics/make-up people regularly employed by CBS just weren't used to genre stuff like this, while it's pretty much old hat to these Vancouver peeps, lol. I STILL don't trust them to do too much with Reign, though. Especially if we have to look at her for the majority of the episodes.
I agree season 2 was better, though I am still trying to figure out what they were trying with Tamzin Merchant. :funny:

They found a leftover Buffy prosthetic in a closet somewhere, clearly.

I'm betting they give Reign the ability to alter her appearance.

They found a leftover Buffy prosthetic in a closet somewhere, clearly.

I'm betting they give Reign the ability to alter her appearance.
Do you mean look like a different person, or different features?

Do you mean look like a different person, or different features?
I think they'll make it so she can appear human when she wants to. If she's been hiding among us since Krypton's destruction, "observing," and if she's a prominent enough character to be a regular...I'm guessing her true form won't be revealed right away. In part to save time/money.

As long as we get a decent amount of her actually looking like an alien I will be fine.

I think they'll make it so she can appear human when she wants to. If she's been hiding among us since Krypton's destruction, "observing," and if she's a prominent enough character to be a regular...I'm guessing her true form won't be revealed right away. In part to save time/money.
Ah, so Odette is her guise. Got it.

Yep.

I agree with Primal that she'd better have an actual alien look at some point. I don't want her to be indistinguishable from the other alien big bads (Kryptonian and Daxamites) we've had thus far. The Worldkillers are essentially Kryptonian-made Frankenstein's monsters, made from combined genes from different worlds all over the universe, and they should look the part. I just don't want them to go overboard on bodypaint or whatever - that always looks so cheap.

Last edited:
The idea that she might be able to change her appearance, or cloak her natural appearance in some way, makes sense to me.

Other than keeping visual effects expenses relatively low, it has the benefit of explaining how Reign might be able to stick around and continue to pose a threat over the course of the season, without some kind of confrontation feeling necessary right away, or all the time.

If she can blend in, that makes her harder to deal with directly.

I just hope they give her an interesting costume instead of the boring standard black jumpsuit that Astra, Non, J'onn, Alex, and half the other characters wear.
The comic book costume would be okay. Obviously they aren't going to show that much skin. But replacing the grey skin with some sort of silvery grey fabric could work.
Say what you will about Indigo and Red Tornado, but at least they looked different and added a little bit of color instead of the usual all black, a more comic book feel to the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
osayi
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"