Supergirl Season 3 NEWS & DISCUSSION Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 more days until the show starts shooting again which means spoilers will probably start up soon after. Fun times.

Oh yes, that is always fun....hopefully Harewood will have lots of BTS shots. Without Ali Adler we just don't get the BTS stuff like we did during the 1st season. HOWEVER, the peeps up in Vancouver are awesome about BTS stuff when they are shooting outside.

First Table Read of Season 3..... I see Melissa is ready to go.

5xiryr.png

I asked on twitter if it was Tyler.....LOL, so I let Jeremy know I just confused him for Tyler....lol

Cool! Getting all anticipated and stuff. Melissa B. is looking great with that hair and and Katie M. is just casually lovely. Hopefully we'll see more of her this season!

I thought that might be Tyler at first also, although I did recognize Jeremy eventually.

Something about the angle.

It's the cheek shadow that's fooling us.:oldrazz:

Fooled you! I'd know that jawline anywhere. :oldrazz:

True....on the twitterverse it is being talked about that Chris is in Vancouver, but we won't see him until around Ep. 6 which could be the crossover.

So apparently Laura Benanti is leaving Supergirl. Not that Alura was even on the show that much. But in other news, she'll be played by Lois Lane herself, Erica Durance.

Laura Benanti is saying goodbye to the CW’s “Supergirl.”

“Smallville” alum Erica Durance has been cast to take over Benanti’s role as Alura for the upcoming season. Benanti had played Alura since Season 1, when the show debuted on CBS.

“Unfortunately Laura, who Greg and I have worked with for years going back to ‘Eli Stone,’ was unable to continue in the role due to work commitments in New York,” executive producer Andrew Kreisberg said. “But we are so blessed that Erica has come aboard to offer her own interpretation of Kara’s mother. We had tremendous success with a former Lois Lane last season with Teri Hatcher. We know Erica will continue the proud tradition of legacy actors joining our shows and creating new and exciting takes on classic DC characters.”

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/laura-benanti-departs-erica-durance-cast-supergirl-1202489777/

I hate recastings, personally I'd have just done away with Alura on the show. But Durance is one of those casting choices that is exciting cause she was Smallville's Lois Lane but I'd have rather seen her get her own role rather than be recast option.

Cool news but I don't like recast's. Why do we need to have Alura recurring in season 3 anyway? Season 1 I can understand.

Would've preferred if Erica played someone else.

Cool news but I don't like recast's. Why do we need to have Alura recurring in season 3 anyway? Season 1 I can understand.

Would've preferred if Erica played someone else.

Like Lois Lane.

I mean, not really, but I'd get a laugh out of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"