Arrow Season 8, Episode 9: "Green Arrow and the Canaries"

I liked that more than the pre-crisis version. I'd watch a whole series.

It wasn't bad overall. Laurel did carry it. What happened to baby Sara since she was restored after Crisis? She was nowhere to be seen. Maybe she's the mysterious person behind it all?

Are the rest of future Team Arrow also going to regain their memories like William, Connor etc?

Why would JJ have to go down the same path even if his memories are restored? He became that way because he felt that John Diggle cared more for Connor than JJ. But in the post Crisis reality JJ wasn't even an only child so would've been used to growing up with a sibling. And John may have raised them differently anyway.

So why should he have these feelings of hatred or jealousy when that never even happened in this new life? It's like being angry with someone for how they treated you in a dream.

I guess it was clever of them to end it on a cliffhanger so that people will be eager to tune into the series to see what happens and resolve the mystery of who restored JJ's memories and kidnapped William.

Why would JJ have to go down the same path even if his memories are restored? He became that way because he felt that John Diggle cared more for Connor than JJ. But in the post Crisis reality JJ wasn't even an only child so would've been used to growing up with a sibling. And John may have raised them differently anyway.

So why should he have these feelings of hatred or jealousy when that never even happened in this new life? It's like being angry with someone for how they treated you in a dream.
I don’t think that’s set in stone. I think a good portion of the show (at least the first series) will be him trying to deal with his dual memories, an internal battle if you will. Would be a bit lame if he just became Deathstroke 2.0 again and all events played out similarly.

It was interesting. I always like Laurel though I see she was tagged with 'guest appearance.'

Technically/“legally,” this was still an Arrow episode. So whatever the negotiated opening credits were for season 8, they would have applied here as well.

As for the credits in the actual Green Arrow and the Canaries series (should it come to pass), I suppose McNamara will get top billing. She is, after all, the new Green Arrow. But Cassidy is the veteran; so she might get one of those fancy and/with credits.

I liked the tone of the episode. A different more swift direction from the extremely slow pace of what Arrow built. I'm actually starting like Mia, they're finally giving her layers. Even Dinah has her place, the new show looks exciting. I wonder how it's all going to end. Best part of Katie in every scene she's in, her dynamic with Julia is great. Like Diggle and Oliver.

Well I don't think they could've really built a show around the previous version of the future or the previous version of Mia. She and her friends were dull and the future was so dystopian that no-one would really want to watch that. Now she has more personality and feels more relatable instead of being an angry cage fighter.

Anyone else annoyed with how they throw around “hero” every other sentence? Doesn’t seem very heroic to me to call yourself that every chance you get...

Anyone else annoyed with how they throw around “hero” every other sentence? Doesn’t seem very heroic to me to call yourself that every chance you get...

It is annoying. They write very black and white, always telling us how to feel instead of showing us and letting us make up our own minds. It's very mediocre.

Wouldn't both the girls from the 2010s be like in their mid 50s in 2040?

Wouldn't both the girls from the 2010s be like in their mid 50s in 2040?

Dinah and Laurel? They explained time travel shenanigans. Her sister dropped off Laurel, and mystery on how Dinah got thrown forward.

And thank god, because Dinah's old age makeup was horrendous.

So was Dinah never police captain? And at the end of the final episode of Arrow are we going to see her disappearing?

Maybe someone goes to hug her and she vanishes. Or perhaps she's on a train and no-one ever remembers seeing the lady.

So was Dinah never police captain? And at the end of the final episode of Arrow are we going to see her disappearing?

Maybe someone goes to hug her and she vanishes. Or perhaps she's on a train and no-one ever remembers seeing the lady.

She never "existed" in E-Prime for whatever reason. I assume the only people who remember her are the ones with Pre-COIE memories. She disappears the day after Oliver's funeral so presumably when she is at home by herself.

God..spare me the bs drama...christ

So I watched this backdoor pilot and still I have no desire to watch this spin off. I'm sure it will do well and get at least three seasons but it's not for me.

Just thought of this in regards to this episode but in Arrow's future we have 20 years of peace, wouldn't it be same in all the other shows since they now in the same universe(which is why I honestly hate crossovers because it creates tons of plotholes)?

Live + 7 day ratings for post-Crisis week on CW:
1. Green Arrow and the Canaries pilot - 0.53
2. Supergirl - 0.51
3. Legends of Tomorrow - 0.47
4. Batwoman - 0.41
5. Black Lightning - 0.32

This is why I believe the show will get ordered to series. The pilot was the top rated program in the last two weeks of the CW, easily beating out the Arrow finale and everything else that has aired since Crisis.

Just thought of this in regards to this episode but in Arrow's future we have 20 years of peace, wouldn't it be same in all the other shows since they now in the same universe(which is why I honestly hate crossovers because it creates tons of plotholes)?
No, it was explicitly stated that Star City had 20 years of peace.

As in, they went about 20 years without a sociopath like Merlyn, Deathstroke, Damien Darhk, Ricardo Diaz, or Prometheus destroying half the city.

I'm trying hard to follow Arrow all the way to the end (I'm way behind, obviously). I have to admit I really don't care about any of these spinoffs though, and even fast-forwarded through all the flashforwards in the last couple seasons, because they didn't directly involve Oliver/Green Arrow. That character is why I started watching, and why I kept watching (even through godawful S4-5).
I'm guessing I could completely skip this episode, then?

I'm trying hard to follow Arrow all the way to the end (I'm way behind, obviously). I have to admit I really don't care about any of these spinoffs though, and even fast-forwarded through all the flashforwards in the last couple seasons, because they didn't directly involve Oliver/Green Arrow. That character is why I started watching, and why I kept watching (even through godawful S4-5).
I'm guessing I could completely skip this episode, then?

If you dont care for the Future kids or Laurel/Dinah then yes. 100% skip

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"