Arrow Arrow 4X1 - Green Arrow

So Season 4 Episode 1: is this a good episode for someone who has never seen the show at all to jump onto?

Not especially so. I think you can find enjoyment in it, but I don't think you'll be able to fully appreciate it without having seen the last three seasons.

well it's not stand alone if you want to know what diggle and lance(the latter of which he should be mad at all of team arrow and his daughter, which they showed) are mad at Oliver then yeah. he might need to see the season before. how ever .... well that's up to him. This episode by it self was fine . I just don't want to have him depressed with the season before the only bright spots were when team arrow had to operate with out Oliver for a bit and the rise of black canary(Laural) and speedy(speedy) and the CGI scene with atom and katana and her husband story.

those were the bright spot from the prior season which was 3 that were good . season 1-2 are already a given to see.

Last edited:
(Said in shades of Felicity): "Monk. With lightsabers."

dont you dare drag my wifu into this
:csad:
she would never fall for you ( most likely that shrew laurel ,but not my wifu )

Fire , im glad im not alone on this point.

#SARAlives
#realcanaryLIVES
cassidy is like white noise to me .... i barely notice her ( and when she is on screen all i hear is her infinite whining >__> ; yeah i said it ... )

I'm pretty sure that whining is just you talking to yourself.

Before watching this episode, I thought that Past Oliver's next step was either......

1. Showing us his adventures in Coast City

2. Taking a Trip to Russia, where we can learn more about his background with the russian mob.

I thought either one of those would happen before Oliver eventually gets sent back to the Island.

Is past Oliver ever going to visit Russia?

And is this episode, the only time we will see him in Coast City? Or could there be future flashbacks set there? I found it interesting is that this flashback in s4e1, showed us for the first time, him acting alone and being a vigilante. Maybe an episode can show why he first started to become a rookie vigilante in Coast City. I think there is good potential in seeing some of his early vigilantism in that city.

Fire , im glad im not alone on this point.

#SARAlives
#realcanaryLIVES

here i thought i was losing my mind , then HUNTER broke it down for me .
much love hunter.
cassidy is like white noise to me .... i barely notice her ( and when she is on screen all i hear is her infinite whining >__> ; yeah i said it ... )

Agreed.

On the topic of Dig "killing" the ghosts...

Has anyone notices that all of'em wore bulletproof vests....??

Polux

On the topic of Dig "killing" the ghosts...

Has anyone notices that all of'em wore bulletproof vests....??

Polux

Yes. One of those Ghosts got shot 3 times in the chest in the Police Station, and didn't even flinch. So whatever Diggle is shooting them with, it's definitely not rubber bullets.

What I'm saying is that I don't think he killed anyone, the ghosts kept moving while they were on the ground, if I recall correctly...

Polux

I might have to rewatch it again (don't mind if I do :awesome:)

But I think he doesn't use leathal force, I always thought he shot thugs in the legs and shoulders...I dunno, maybe I'm wrong and Dig's an actual killing machine and everyone just chooses to ignore the body count he leaves while everyone questions Oliver conflict about killing or not....

Polux

There's no such thing as a non-lethal shot (and handguns are terribly inaccurate, so I wouldn't recommend shooting at a leg or shoulder, assuming such a shot would even stop someone anyway).

Wait are people complaining about Diggle the ex-soldier killing people? Is every hero suppose to adapt this mantra of not killing? That seems like real bs to me, killing someone shouldn't be your go to move but yea killing someone in the defense of others is ok in my book.

They're complaining about him killing henchman left and right, but only tranquilizing the Big Bad.

I thought he shot to kill Darhk I don't remember seeing a tranq dart maybe I'll have to look at the scene again.

That would be a nice theory, if it weren't for the fact that Diggle found out who he was after the train incident.

Yea but he was in a business suit. I think diggle tranqued him to have him captured and interrogated. everyone else he offed were standard grunts.

Ugh, what a terrible episode. I was hoping this season would make a comeback after season 3, but it doesn't look that way. The writing has gotten real bad :csad:

A woman having emotions and feelings and being unwilling to be compliant to someone who isn't very good doesn't make someone a shrew.

God bless you! God bless everyone in your life!

I think the big pluses were the suit and Diggle, otherwise the Olicity parts need to be tamed.

Last edited:

I wouldn't want Felicity to fall for me anyway. You can have her. :oldrazz:

I am a Jedi, remember? There is no emotion...blah-blah-blah...no attachment...blah... :cwink:

A decent episode.

But, to be honest, I was a little disappointed when Oliver took up the mantle of Green Arrow so quickly and easily. As ludicrous as it was, I really enjoyed the opening scene with Black Canary and (Lady) Red Arrow.

That's the show that I'm interested in watching. Maybe with Guardian Diggle playing a fatherly role to his two rambunctious crime fighting children.

Still, I'm interested in their exploration of the magical/mystical side of the DC universe. I don't really care who is in the grave. I don't have enough affection for any of the characters at this stage to really be invested in someone's death.

Before watching this episode, I thought that Past Oliver's next step was either......

2. Taking a Trip to Russia, where we can learn more about his background with the russian mob.

That's what I thought.

I thought the ep was meh. Thea/Speedy was the worst part. She seemed too goofy and cartoony. A stark contrast, and not in a good way, to the edgy Malcolm Merlin trained Thea from the previous season....

...Laurel is definitely vastly improved though.:up:

I actually liked that Thea was enjoying herself, but that's just me. I'm more interested in Arrow now than I was for most of season 3. Thank goodness the original Ra's is dead and we're going away from The League of Assassins for a bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"