Arrow Arrow Season 5 Episode 4: "Penance"

I am officially a Ragman fan. Rory Regan is this awesome beacon of reasonable, level-headed heroism.

I also like Anatoly. He is the best worst best friend ever. And he legitimately likes Ollie, and is doing his best to help him. Its just, Anatoly is basically a monster.

I did not mind the episode but I did have a problem with..

Diggle - I feel guilty, I killed my bro I deserve this. I am staying
Lyla- Please fight this.. I am our wife, think of your child.
Diggle - Nope sorry lady, I am staying.. I feel so guilty.. waaaah..

Arrow (30 second conversation) - Come with me and be wanted for breaking out of "Prison" pay for your guilt by fighting crime.
Diggle - Ok.

4 episodes in and loving this season, so far so good :up:

Half way to the crossover!

in the episode oliver told her not to use her argus connections or she'd run the risk of going to prison too.

And yet she bares her face to the gate guard, using a false ID. And where did she go while Oliver was getting Diggle out? I thought they were getting out in the van. And where did the plane come from, and who was flying it?

Not really knocking the show, as I liked it, but just wondering.

Season 5 is definitely off to a solid start! But, the "My name is Oliver Queen" intro seems really awkward this year and Mr. Fantastic's mask just looks silly.

The break in was the highlight of the episode for me and I feel like they're going with a Harvey Dent type storyline for the D.A.

If I'm not mistaken, isn't the D.A. of this season a character in the comics? I think he's one of the Vigilante characters.

Season 5 is definitely off to a solid start! But, the "My name is Oliver Queen" intro seems really awkward this year

I noticed it too. It sounds very rushed, like Stephen Amell was in a hurry to get out of the studio and he just said it as quickly as he could and then took off. It's odd. I understand why they added the "mayor by day, vigilante by night" thing, but why couldn't they have just cut-and-pasted that into last season's intro? It would be less awkward, anyway.

Actually, the voice-over intros on all the "Arrowverse" shows have always been bad (as in really, really poorly written).

Actually, the voice-over intros on all the "Arrowverse" shows have always been bad (as in really, really poorly written).

I didn't think S1-S4 were too bad and I think Flash's is all right. LOT's (in S1 anyway) was super cringey and I haven't seen S2's yet.

Generally, I have had no issue with the voice-overs.

By now, I think they could do without the intros. We know the gist by now.

Generally, I have had no issue with the voice-overs.

I guess I don't mind the quasi-"poetic" intros (e.g., "Space... the final frontier..."). But I'm no fan of the detailed, exposition-y intros that outline the show's premise for folks who've never see it. And I especially dislike the badly written intros on Arrow and Supergirl (The Flash is not as bad).

And yet she bares her face to the gate guard, using a false ID. And where did she go while Oliver was getting Diggle out? I thought they were getting out in the van. And where did the plane come from, and who was flying it?

I thought the van was the escape vehicle too, but I guess we were both wrong. She dropped GA off with the laundry and then left to get the plane. Hopefully they managed to erase the footage of her face and clear the electronics records.

Presumably at some point they'll find the corrupt army dude who framed Diggle and clear his name.

I thought the van was the escape vehicle too, but I guess we were both wrong. She dropped GA off with the laundry and then left to get the plane. Hopefully they managed to erase the footage of her face and clear the electronics records.

Presumably at some point they'll find the corrupt army dude who framed Diggle and clear his name.

20 min to drive to an airport and prep a C-130 for take-off, then fly back over the prison...

Officially suspending disbelief right the heck now!

Seroiusly using the same dialogue in two different scenes in the very same episode? :whatever:
And that TDK rip-off, come on Arrow producers.
The dude that they caught in the beginning, has he been on FLash or any other CW shows? He looks familiar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"