The Walking Dead Season 9 Episode 16 "The Storm" Discussion Thread

Man in the Suit

We're the Ones Who Live
Reaction score
QORvCd7.jpg

Directed by Greg Nicotero
Written by Angela Kang & Matthew Negrete

I can't believe we had to wait nearly ten seasons to see snow in this show.

We could've had it during No Way Out if the show wanted to go 1:1 by the source material, but it does help the atmosphere here. A pity that Michonne's blade isn't made of dragon glass, though. Would really come in handy.

So Alpha is going to kill Lydia and take her place, isn’t she? Hence
mimicking the marks she gave her...

Last edited:
I've been liking Negan so much better since he's been a prisoner and interacting with Judith. I'm not still not so sure why--

the Queen and King broke up. Why they couldn't work things out. Disappointing.

Did not catch the radio message at the end. Who was that ? And what he said ?

Did not catch the radio message at the end. Who was that ? And what he said ?

We don't know who it is, but they asked "Is anybody out there?". I've seen speculation that it's a person from another big community that appears in the current comic story.

As for the episode, it was alright. Actually, pretty good, just disappointing for a finale.

Good episode, bad finale. Felt more like a midseason premiere or something. Negan's scenes were great though.

The problem was, I never felt anyone's life was at stake. It didn't feel as harrowing as the promos let on.

We don't know who it is, but they asked "Is anybody out there?". I've seen speculation that it's a person from another big community that appears in the current comic story.

As for the episode, it was alright. Actually, pretty good, just disappointing for a finale.
I was wondering if maybe that was the group Rick ended up with....?

I was wondering if maybe that was the group Rick ended up with....?

While that's possible, the fact the show is almost reaching the point where the show has almost caught up to the comics, and that the story has reached a place where a new community is found through communicating by the radio, I'd say it's a safe bet it's not related to Rick, unless Rick was actually taken by this community.

If I had to make a prediction for next season, I'd say the Whisperer war will have played itself out by the mid season finale, with whoever was on the radio being addressed in the later half of the season.

So Alpha is going to kill Lydia and take her place, isn’t she? Hence
mimicking the marks she gave her...

Doubtful that she could pass as Lydia, she's way too old, don't look like her and the team knows how Lydia is looking.
Alpha is just being punished for her mistakes.

Last edited:
that's how I felt. Very underwhelming for a finale.
They should've reworked it so that 9x15 was the finale. Have members of the group go missing during the storm and they're later found on the pikes in the finale. It would've been a great moment. Not a huge cliffhanger, but it would leave the audience wanting to see what happens in Season 10. Better than what we got...

Well, the whole point was that they were going into enemy territory. Of course, it turned out the Whisperers were away on vacation, so it turned out they're worry was for nothing.

Doubtful that she could pass as Lydia, she's way too old, don't look like her and the team knows how Lydia is looking.

Wow, I totally missed that post. That might be the most ludicrous fan theory I've ever read.

Personally, I think it was less to do with punishment, and more a way of her hardening herself up.

Alpha is just being punished for her mistakes.
This is how I took that scene to mean as well.

That "tease" at the end with the radio did nothing for me. It just left me thinking; Okay there's someone on the radio... so what? We know there are plenty of people out there. That's not really a big deal.

Also, since I couldn't recognise the voice of the person it didn't mean anything to me. I think it would've made more sense if it was someone like Rick or Maggie, or at least a character we know who was on the radio

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"