Senate Kills Minimum Wage Bill

Addendum said:
Since when is life supposed to be fun?

Dude...you totally have just opened my eyes to the light. Let us just abolish sex, movies, television, radio, games, sports, music, etc. I need to dump my girlfriend while I am at it she wants to have fun too much. Fun is seriously ruining our ability to pay bills, debts, rent, gas, taxes and things that get us through our life. **** it is also cutting into our working hours we need to be working harder like 12 hours a day with little sleep as possible. You have shown me the light thank you. :heart:

Yeah, because why be responsible and mature when you make minimum wage?

Yeah god forbid people who make minimum wage be subjected to fun. Ooooo spooky.

Or that they actually learn personal responsibility.

"Oh, I didn't know that ****ing would lead to me getting pregnant. I thought that thin latex sheath was so durable"

You both annoy me. :o

Who really gives a damn? Just because some people **** around with the money they get doesn't mean we shouldn't raise the minimum wage (there's really no reason not to) and that's the end of the argument. And thus, there's nothing else to argue about so why the **** get passionate over something that really doesn't matter?

Extromaniac said:
You both annoy me. :o

Who really gives a damn? Just because some people **** around with the money they get doesn't mean we shouldn't raise the minimum wage (there's really no reason not to) and that's the end of the argument. And thus, there's nothing else to argue about so why the **** get passionate over something that really doesn't matter?

Because wasting time is a good cure for boredom.

Mal'Akai said:
So, you do understand what it's like to ry and live off of minimum wage.

The last time I made minimum wage was in high school. When I worked three jobs, I was *not* making minimum wage. I was making more than that. Which is why I think much of this is a major exaggeration by you and others. You typically do not find someone who's 25 or over making minimum wage. And when you do find someone over 25 making only minimum wage, there are usually other factors involved to explain it (lack of education, motivation, etc.).

Mal'Akai said:
So you can understand why it should be raised to a respectable amount that would have put and your daughter above the poverty line.

As I said, I wasn't making minimum wage. And if by "respectable" you mean enough to "live and raise a family on", then I disagree.

Mal'Akai said:
As for my opinions of you, you've proved a couple of my assumptions wrong, and I'll admit that. But truth be told, when you made your statement about people who work at minmum wage as "lazy asses" it gives the impression that you are someone who doesn't understand what life in the lower classes is like.

As I said, if someone is 25 or over and still making minimum wage, there's a reason other than "I just can't get a break" to explain it.

Mal'Akai said:
I'll give you your due when it comes to taking care of your daughter. Lord knows, I meet enough children who don't have good fathers. While you deserve a great deal of credit for the things you've accomplished in your life, you need to realize that not everyone can do what you did.

Thanks, but I tend to think that not everyone *will* do that (the *can* part is where you and I disagree).

Mal'Akai said:
That is why minimum wage needs to be raised, at least $1.50/hour to try and help the people who are attempting to surrvive on it. That should be enough to make an impact, but not so much as to give employers the impression they need to fire a bunch of people to cover it.
Also, I found the data, in 1997 the federal minimum wage was raised to it current rate of $5.15/hour from$4.75. As of 12/1/96 the unemployment rate was 5.4%. The minimum wage increase took effect 1/1/97 and the unemployment rate was 5.3% (I know that's not much difference, wait for it...) By the end of 1997 the unemployment rate was 4.7% and kept dropping until 1/1/2001. So tis actually shows that raising the minimum wage won't nessecarily cause a jump in unemployment.

As I've said, I have no problems with raising the minimum wage incrementally, a little at a time. Going from 4.75 to 5.15 was only 40 cents, but going from 5.15 to "enough to support a family" is much more and WILL have a major impact on the unemployment rate.

Addendum said:
Or that they actually learn personal responsibility.

"Oh, I didn't know that ****ing would lead to me getting pregnant. I thought that thin latex sheath was so durable"
Condoms are against the Catholic religion.

Since when is everyone in the world catholic? And I know that there are a few catholics that use condoms

Addendum said:
Since when is everyone in the world catholic? And I know that there are a few catholics that use condoms
The world isn't Catholic, but a huge number of hispanic families are.

And every catholic doesn't use condoms? I highly doubt that

Addendum said:
And every catholic doesn't use condoms? I highly doubt that
So many jokes are lost on those who take them seriously. The original comment was meant as a joke. I could go on, but it might get taken as racial remarks, so let's just get back to the debate on minimum wage.

Raisei it $1.25!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
japanorsomewher
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"