Sept. Fan Art Contest - ENTER HERE

EXCELSIOR

Sidekick
Reaction score
BEFORE YOU ENTER THE CONTEST PLEASE READ ALL THE RULES!
(Print them out if you need to for future reference)

Welcome to the SuperHeroHYPE Fan Art Contest!

THE CONTEST:
THE SUPER VILLAIN MAKE-OVER – Redesign a villain, show what you can do with the colorful villains who may have not gotten a fair shake. For example: 8Ball in the Marvel universe ran around with a head like an 8 Ball and a deadly que stick! – So here is your chance to give your favorite or your not-so favorite villain a much deserved make-over!
This one make take a bit of research… so don’t just do a redo of Dr. Doom – he’s pretty kick-ass already! Find a baddie that really needs the attention…
(*)If you have any questions please don't hesitate to send EXCELSIOR a PM!

THE RULES:
One entry per artist. Try and be as ORIGINAL as possible, do it in pencil, crayon, markers, action figures, Photoshop whatever medium you are comfortable with. Using art/photo reference is okay, I just don't want to see anyone directly COPY an existing piece of ARTWORK... NO PHOTO-MANIPS! Your entry should be posted HERE in this thread. Using artwork created by someone else and claiming it as your own will not be allowed - and that entry will be disqualified. Originality is always key!

And please keep the comments and critiques as FAIR as possible. Remember by posting your entry you are open to critique!

ONE ENTRY PER ARTIST!
Take your time and show 'em your best work, try to avoid posting works-in-progress. (Any duplicate entries may be deleted without notice from the thread). You may want to check the thread occasionally to see that your entry is still posted, any entries not showing at the close of the contest may be disqualified. Also if you choose to 'team-up' with another artist then you must clearly state both names with the entry and who did what.

IMAGE HOSTING
All entries should be posted here in this thread.
You will need to host your own image and 'hotlink' the image URL to this thread.
SHH has a gallery HERE if you need FREE hosting space (for contest entries only please)
I will assemble the entries as they come in and post them in the SHH Fan Art Gallery.
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to send EXCELSIOR a PM!

THE DEADLINE & VOTING:
Sept. 28, 2006
Winner will be chosen by the artists in FAN ART!

THE PRIZE:
The winner will get his name announced on the home page of SuperHeroHype as a news item for the whole world to see!

So there is your assignment if you chose to take it... You should post your artwork here in this thread!
ONLY IMAGES CREATED BY YOU AND POSTED ONLY IN THIS THREAD ARE ELIGIBLE FOR THE CONTEST. By entering the contest you are agreeing that the artwork submitted is original and created by you the artist, and by posting an image you are open to critique!

GOOD LUCK!
If you have any questions please don't hesitate to send EXCELSIOR a PM!

I'm in!

I have a bunch of designs for villains, can I try a Green Goblin?:confused:

I don't know yet though.

EDIT: I like his original costume but I like making my designs so it looks like it can fit in real life without being laughed at. I have a few other ideas too.

Keep in mind this is a contest for those villains who didn't get a fair sahke in the threads department... meaning their costumes or powers SUCK! ;)

Dr.Doom, Green Goblin, the Joker & Doomsday are a few of the biggies who may not need the make-over!

What about Electro? The old green one? It's a fancy costume but it's pretty corny.

i think its fair to do Green goblin after all he looks kinda crappy with his rubber mask and noddy hat.

I really really like his old costume, but like I said, it would look corny in life.

webhead731 said:
I really really like his old costume, but like I said, it would look corny in life.

yeah me too what did you have in mind somthing more like his power rangers get up from the movies?

No, I designed it in 2004. I have to make some changes to it. I should try posting a new one sometime.

I've got the perfect villain in mind. And I doubt I'll be the only one who resdesigns this guy either.

The Top Hat said:
I've got the perfect villain in mind. And I doubt I'll be the only one who resdesigns this guy either.

Stilt-Man?:)

Like I said, you are going to have to do a bit of research on this one...

Contest theme this month comes from MysticMorgan - July's FAC winner!
I thought it was a great idea... it's bit more challenging, so guys & gals don't take the easy way out by doing the more famous baddies!;)

Do you think you could make it a rule to post an image of the said villan as well as the art?

Sweet idea there are a ton of villians who need help. For example taskmaster. Love his powers but i have hated both his costumes.

I also dug the more recent Taskmaster costume, but that old swashbuckler look'n one was bad...

mrsparkle said:
Do you think you could make it a rule to post an image of the said villan as well as the art?
Well, as always you should say somewhere in the posting of your entry WHO it is...
no need to run a side-by-side comparision ;)

$5 says someone's gonna do a Paste Pot Pete.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Netizen95
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"