Sequel suit for superman

I hold no hope for anyone that thinks wearing underpants on the outside looks good

they're called trunks, Jaxon... not underpants.

and i find you basing the qualities of an individual you do not know on their opinion of the fashion sense of a superhero immature, childlike, and completely irrelevant to the discussion at hand- and pretty much rude as well, since what you did is commonly known as an ad hominem (attacking the individual personally instead of debating the topic at hand). stick to the topic.

the truth is, IMO, design wise the current suit is lacking something in the middle. something needs to be there to create balance in the blue body suit. blue piping and a thin silver yellow belt-like design isn't going to cut it. it necessarily doesnt even have to be trunks- this is the ridiculous part, if you'd actually kept up with my posts in this thread, you actually would of known that- it can be simply anything red. put a design on there, and you can actually make him look slimmer than he really is.

I hold no hope for anyone that thinks wearing underpants on the outside looks good

So you basically hate superheroes? Superheroes have worn their "TRUNKS" on the outside of their SPANDEX for 70+ years. Was Chris Reeve "gay-looking" in your opinion because he wore a big red diaper?
No. He was Superman.

I find people posting on a website called SUPERHEROHYPE about superhero trunks looking ridiculous, ridiculous frankly!

So you basically hate superheroes? Superheroes have worn their "TRUNKS" on the outside of their SPANDEX for 70+ years. Was Chris Reeve "gay-looking" in your opinion because he wore a big red diaper?
No. He was Superman.

I find people posting on a website called SUPERHEROHYPE about superhero trunks looking ridiculous, ridiculous frankly!

I think people would still have accepted the red underwear on Superman even if he wore that for MOS. It's not like that was a constant source of ridicule for Superman Returns. People know that this is how Superman looks. A select few might laugh a little at first but most would just accept it and not give it a second thought when watching the movie. Christopher Reeve looked great in the suit and will always be the classic version.

That's the thing about some folks. They love superhero movies but aren't willing to accept basic and simple conventions about superheroes. Everyone loves the Avengers as long as you don't put Captain America in an American flag inspired suit. No it has to be a tactical bad-ass military uniform with red white and blue colors.

If audiences/filmmakers can't accept a comic book character's costume and feel the need to radically change it, why does said character have to have a movie?

The only reason Batman's costume works in all these movies is because his costume is adaptable to change. Supes, Cap, Iron Man and a lot of them don't have that luxury.

i hold no hope for anyone that thinks wearing underpants on the outside looks good

lmao
Something's that work on a page just does not work in a movie. I can only imagine the atrocity that would occur if Cyclops and Wolverine wore those GAWD awful yellow and blue outfit in the Xmen movies.
Superman's trunks looked ridiculous, with that I agree; Snyder and Co made the best looking Superhero suit I have ever seen.

Last edited:
The only reason Batman's costume works in all these movies is because his costume is adaptable to change. Supes, Cap, Iron Man and a lot of them don't have that luxury.

Cap lacks 3D helmet wings in the films. The vertical red lines on his front are turned into straps. Two, Iron Man has gone through how many suit changes in the comics by now? And if anyone disliked/hated MoS, virtually none of them attributed it to the lack of trunks.

Just thought I share this New S shield wallpaper I did recently, this has to be the best S design so far in my opinion...

Last edited:
A legend reborn :)

Hmmm, I prefer Chris in the old suit it suits him more. A more 70's naive gods boy version of Superman. Henry looks better in the new 21st century new take on Superman and his powers, a more manly version of Superman. Loved them both but don't think either looks great in each others suits.

In the next film trunks wouldn't be a natural progression from the previous movies suit, it would come out of nowhere. Definitely brighten the colours, maybe make the piping red or keep the suit the same and remove the filter, it gives me a headache.

i agree with that. if they just add the trunks out of nowhere for the next film, it will be our of the norm with everything else- it wouldnt make sense storyline wise. the best thing for them to do right now is to brighten the colors and add some type of red design around the midriff.

maybe the next director will be able to add the trunks to the next suit. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"