Serenity Day, June 23

Calvin said:
Good taste.

And you know what? You don't have to watch it. It doesn't effect you. It's not your problem.

Calvin said:
It's a mediocre show/movie that has a ridiculously dedicated fanbase.

And they're allowed to like it.

Calvin said:
Whedon writes awful dialogue. It's cheeky, forced, and utterly overdone.

Your opinion. I think it's fine, and I've definately heard worse.

Calvin said:
It's for teenagers that have read nothing but comic books.

What's wrong with comic books.

Also, here's the deal:

If you don't like it, don't watch it. That simple. No reason to ruin it for everyone else.

I think it's a pretty stupid idea. I enjoyed the movie and I have the DVD, but really, I don't give a damn if they make another one or put the show back on. Frankly, I think it's just a futile effort.

The Question said:
And you know what? You don't have to watch it. It doesn't effect you. It's not your problem.

And they're allowed to like it.

Your opinion. I think it's fine, and I've definately heard worse.

What's wrong with comic books.

Also, here's the deal:

If you don't like it, don't watch it. That simple. No reason to ruin it for everyone else.
I don't consider that ruining it for anyone. I'm saving normal people from wasting money on something they'll forget ten minutes after they saw it.

ToddIsDead said:
I think it's a pretty stupid idea. I enjoyed the movie and I have the DVD, but really, I don't give a damn if they make another one or put the show back on. Frankly, I think it's just a futile effort.

Hey, a futile effort's never been a bad thing. I have alot of respect for people who try to pull of futile efforts. Because, in the rare occasions that they do pull it off, it's pretty ****ing cool.

Calvin said:
I don't consider that ruining it for anyone. I'm saving normal people from wasting money on something they'll forget ten minutes after they saw it.

You're also ruining it for the people that like the film. And, some people might go to the theater and actually like the movie. I know I did.

There are a million and one other things that all of these Browncoats could do that is more important than a movie. I can't really fault them though. They're obviously pretty passionate about the whole Firefly universe, but I just think it's stupid to go out and make mass purchases of a DVD just so maybe Universal will think about making another movie.

ToddIsDead said:
There are a million and one other things that all of these Browncoats could do that is more important than a movie. I can't really fault them though. They're obviously pretty passionate about the whole Firefly universe, but I just think it's stupid to go out and make mass purchases of a DVD just so maybe Universal will think about making another movie.

So? If it's what they want to do, it's what they want to do. Besides, the movie has already made Universal a profit, so it may be considered for a sequel anyway. Sequels, statistically speaking, tend to make more than the origional film.

I already bought the movie, but I'll send a letter of support. :up:

The Question said:
So? If it's what they want to do, it's what they want to do.
And this is the Hype where, if you do something stupid, you're mocked brutally for it. Right or wrong, you really can't expect anything less.

It's really not that stupid. It may be a bit of a waste of money, but I've heard of far more stupid acts.

The Question said:
Hey, a futile effort's never been a bad thing. I have alot of respect for people who try to pull of futile efforts. Because, in the rare occasions that they do pull it off, it's pretty ****ing cool.

You're also ruining it for the people that like the film. And, some people might go to the theater and actually like the movie. I know I did.
Yeah, but those people are wrong.

No, they're not. They just like a movie that you don't. It happens.

The Question said:
Nope. They're wrong.

The Question said:
You don't get it....he probably loves it more than life itself....but he can't say that. Calvin is a "contrary". If people love something...he says he hates it. If people hate something....he says he loves it.

Don't get upset because of stuff he says.

C. Lee said:
You don't get it....he probably loves it more than life itself....but he can't say that. Calvin is a "contrary". If people love something...he says he hates it. If people hate something....he says he loves it.

Don't get upset because of stuff he says.
That's funny, because it makes absolutely no sense considering the things I like.

Calvin said:
That's funny, because it makes absolutely no sense considering the things I like.
But it made you laugh.....:)

Calvin said:
It made me smirk derisively.
One man's smirk is another man's laugh...derisive or not.

C. Lee said:
One man's smirk is another man's laugh...derisive or not.
Yeah, and that other man has bad taste.

Calvin said:
Nope. They're wrong.

No. They're not. By that logic, someone could say you're wrong for liking Calvin and Hobbs.

I saw the movie in the theater, bought the DVD series and the movie, I'm not gonna buy extra copies of the movie in the hopes a sequel gets made though. I like the series and movie, but I got better uses for my money. Especially since I highly doubt it'll make any difference of whether or not another movie is made.

I really think that a direct to DVD movie would do well for Serenity, but not a full fledge sequel in theaters.

Probably. But, like I said, Serenity has now made Universal a profit. And sequels to movies that did worse have happened, in some form or another.

Firefly was the best damn sci-fi show I've seen, and my favorite of Whedon's work.

The movie was amazing and gave me closure that the end of the show couldn't give us because it ended too soon.

In other words...

Would I love to see a sequal/continuation of the story?

Hell yeah!

Is it the end of the world for me if it doesn't happen?

No, because the movie gave me closure.

I think we deserve a sequal though.

After all; if garbage like "Duce Bigalow" and "Big Mama" can get even more horrific sequals made for them, then I don't see why a great movie like "Serenity" can't have one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"