Seriously : Have you been a victim of Police Brutality?

i listen well and follow orders. plenty of times pulled over, never had a ticket in the car ever. ive been arrested once, but it has since been expunged and it was my own dumb fault. all of the cops i have dealt with have been courteous to be honest, minus the riot cops in morgantown that one year, but they had reason to be angry.

Brutalized is a strong word but I have had 2 run-ins with the law that weren't so nice. One for each country i've lived in..i'm keeping things even.

Canada: A friend of mine got pulled over smoking a joint when we were in highschool. It was pretty late at night so we ditched it but they saw the roach put us in the car (uncuffed actually, should have known something was up). We were respectable but realized things went bad when they brought us to the woods on the outskirts of town. Roughed us up a bit and left us in the woods, in the dark. Later we came to find out that there had been a problem with this with some of the cops in town, there were firings, i felt vindicated.

USA: Pulled over leaving a gas station in metro Detroit. 2 cops, guns drawn, yelling at me to get out of the car. I'm scared out of my mind so do exactly what they say lay on the ground, get cuffed, thrown on the hood of the car, searched then thrown into their car. Well, actually head to the top of the car door then in the car. They tore my leather jacket apart looking for "something" then came in the car to do whatever they were doing. Turned out that there had just been an armed robbery down the street and the suspect matched my description and vehicle "type and colour". No apologies given for the rough up, but the one guy said "sorry about your jacket"...again...could have been worse.

Nope. But I've been pulled over or questioned for no reason.

This one time my mom's car was in the shop for a good 2 weeks or so. So that meant that someone would need to give her a ride to/from work during that time. And being the good son that I am. I did it. On this one particular night, I was driving my way to my mom's work. A patrol car going the opposite way passes me by. I took a glance at the rear view mirror. And the stupid **** busted a U-turn on the first chance that he could. He sped up quick behind me & on went the sirens. I pull over & roll down the window. After giving him proof on insurance & all that good stuff. He asks me "where I was heading ?". I reply, "I'm on my way to pick my mother". He didn't buy it. Because soon after that, he was talking to me in a sarcastic tone of voice. **** got annoying. At this time I'm sitting in my car while this old **** watches over & his partner is checking my ****. I see 2 other patrols cars from a distance (one a few yards to my far left & one a few yards in front of me). The old **** radios them that the coast is clear or some ****. Eventually after my **** is cleared by his partner. He tells me why he pulled me over. He tells me to step out of the car & follow him to back of my car. Apparently the top-middle brake light is out. He tells me to get it fix & in the same sarcastic annoying voice tells me "You can go & pick up mommy now". His partner giggles a little at that comment. Meanwhile, in my head a scene off me killing both of them is playing out :o:cmad:

Overall, I've been pulled over 6 times in my whole life. Not all 6 involved me getting treated like **** by some chump who thinks a gun & badge makes him God. :cmad: Only about 4 of them, including the one above. :csad: In all 6 incidents, I drove away with no ticket. :dry:

i listen well and follow orders. plenty of times pulled over, never had a ticket in the car ever. ive been arrested once, but it has since been expunged and it was my own dumb fault. all of the cops i have dealt with have been courteous to be honest, minus the riot cops in morgantown that one year, but they had reason to be angry.

Not all cops are "bad" - generally my issues have been in places where the bad ones are real confident that they can do what they want,... East Detroit, Los Angeles, Boston, Crossing the midwestern states,.. etc.

I do wish that the requirements for being police were just a lil stricter. There are really people out there who join because they like the idea of being able to shoot someone,.. forget a higher moral standard.

V.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
iamjonahlobe
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"