Superman Returns SFX Magazine (UK) - Superman Returns on set quotes

Superman II doesn`t have to exist to imply that Superman slept with Lois.

SpiderDaniel said:
Yes, it can be implied that they were together at some point. If Superman II isn´t part of the "vague history", we can forget all that "Superman was human when he slept with Lois" thing... The kid may or may not have superpowers, but it has nothing to do with Supes II.

Bull**** quotes from Singer.

Superman II of course will be in his history.

How does Lex know where the FOS is?? Well, because he's been there before (Superman II).

And if the kid is really Supes, when did they "do the deed"?

Of course, we all remember the satin sheets, don't we?

CGHulk said:
Singer Quotes

"it puts the first film into a vague history, the second film is not in my history. its not a particularly good film, either, if you watch it again. We are referencing the first film in the designs and the detail but not over - referencing it."

angry.gif

WTF???!!!???

To me that quote isn't implying that SMII is out of the SR's continuity. It is saying that Singer would rather haver his film seen as a sequel to a good film (SMI) rather than a bad film (SMII). The first two SM films are still there but don't expect him to following exactly with SMII in tieing up loose ends.

Hmmm....did i SAY superman 2 wasnt tied to this movie?

After trailer and tv-spot I have no doubts SR will be great movie.

Even if Singer cant understand what he think about vague story.

Ok i have been reading these boards for the last 4 months. I thought it was time for me to post my opinion on this matter. It may have been previously stated or it may not be agreed with but oh well... here goes nothing. I personally believe that SMII will somehow be loosely referenced though i truely believe it wouldnt have to be. I could honestly go for something where they take the first 20 minutes of the movie to say Supes and Lois did the deed or didnt , etc etc etc. Not to say the will but its all speculation for me. Im not sure if i believe the reports on the kid and the piano, or anything else for that matter. Personally its just my blind optimism that there is a way that Singer will explain this and when he does we will all be sitting in the theaters saying "Now I get it." I seriously hope that instead of explaining it easily away by using SMII that he is a little more creative and sets the tone for the this next generation of Superman fans by just creating a whole new world of Superman. Now please dont get me wrong. I love all the Superman films with CR as Supes. Yes even the 3rd and 4th films. They were horrible but i still love them. I think it will take a lot for this Superman to impress the Die Hard Chris Reeves fans. Once again all speculation. Maybe i should have zigged instead of zagged, who knows? And if this should have been posted else where i truely do apologize but just give me some time hopefully i will get it right.

WhaT!!!! Superman II is a good movie! How dare he say, it was not a very good film!!! I still want to see Superman Returns but Superman 2 would make so much more sense to add also, arent the comic tie ins filling the gapss, I guess it is just for STM!

SpiderDaniel said:

Yes it does.
Superman II was an in depth explanation for the progression of thier relationship to intimacy, and that story would still have to be explored.

Well folks throw out your Superman III DVD it's not continuity like Superman III and IV. So how is Singer going to explain how Lois's son his his son?:confused:

Cinemaman said:
After trailer and tv-spot I have no doubts SR will be great movie.

Even if Singer cant understand what he think about vague story.

I don't know if it's that he doesn't understand, but he is just messing around for the sake of messing around. The Kid, Richard White, The Vague History. He's messing with minds here.

I'm going to say this..

if indeed he has quite ignored Superman 2..then the kid is not supermans.

Dan Harris

"were kinda dealing with bizzaro and Mr Mxyzptlk and it would have taken an incredible amount of creative thinking to get that on screen. we wanted to bring superman back in a stylish and sophisticated way that wont scare people off. theres no time for bizzaro. lets put him back in our world and then get bigger"

Like I have been saying all along. Use Lex as the badguy in the first film and build a story... Then Introdce the Super villians to beat the crap out of Superman in the following films :up:

Mentok said:
Like I have been saying all along. Use Lex as the badguy in the first film and build a story... Then Introdce the Super villians to beat the crap out of Superman in the following films :up:

If I see the comic or Smallville version of Mr. Myzptik on screen, I will not go to see the sequel. I will build a webste banning the movie.

Mentok said:
we are getting this already in SR. it will not be a super fight but we will see superman in pain.
b36065020.gif

dark_b said:
we are getting this already in SR. it will not be a super fight but we will see superman in pain.
b36065020.gif

The question is Lex a Supervillian.

Showtime029 said:
The question is Lex a Supervillian.

Hey, anyone who manages to stick a kryptonite dagger into Superman is a supervillain in my book.

dark_b said:
b36065020.gif

Yes but its not a real fight with Lex is it :D

I still think Lex is a supervillain in his own right. I doesn't hurt to call him a supervillain.

I think some people are just tired of Lex because he is overused. It's true. However, I'm rooting for Spacey in 'Returns'.

A thread on quotes from SFX...not sure.

Showtime029 said:
I would want a very evil Bizzaro, not the goofy incarnation. :marv:

Yes, I want Bizzaro in a sequel. An evil, sadistic, heart broken Bizzaro he tries to be Superman, but does things wrong, and when he realizes he's just a clone of Superman, it enrages him. I'd like to see him be inbetween smart and sensless and maybe a monster of few words. I also agree that he should be a supporting villain, but have a promonent role as well. Something of the sort of Scarecrow in Batman Begins. Anyways, the article was very interesting, it did seem that they changed up some previous comments made. I'm confused.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"