Shadowrun punches critics in the mouth

Conker

Civilian
Reaction score
What is it?
A team-based online FPS.

Who makes it?
FASA Interactive, a Microsoft 1st party, responsible for games like "Mechassault" and "Crimson Skies".

But I wanted an RPG!
Mitch Gitelman, the FASA Interactive studio manager, has all but confirmed that an RPG is their next project. This is simply to introduce the IP to the masses. It also has the added benefit of being totally awesome and fun to play.

I heard this game looks like trash!
It used to look like this:
1149269292.jpg

Which obviously is very trashy. So you used to be right.

Well then what does it look like now?
Like this:
1158290713.jpg

1158290800.jpg

1158290804.jpg

1158290802.jpg

1158290801.jpg

Wow, that's a huge improvement! I bet the developers are very happy with their finished work...
It's actually not even finished yet, it will look much, much better than that when it's finally released. It'll even look much better by the time X06 rolls around in a couple weeks.

How do I know that this is one of the best online experiences ever made?
By reading this, this, and this.

So even though this isn't an RPG, I should stop whining because an RPG is actually coming, and this game looks and plays great?
Yes.

When does this come out?
The day Windows Vista does, so sometime in 2007.

The graphics are much better now, thank heavens.

However... well, you know what I'm going to say.

The graphics are nowhere near finished is the best part, they haven't even got the real time lighting finished, and it already looks awesome, better than ****ty FPS launch games for other consoles that looks like doom 3 mods...

You should buy it, so that you can put your live account to more use than just....being there :dry:

Newshots10.jpg

So pretty :O

And just contact your network admin and make them unfirewall it. Or drop out.

how amazing that you call this game 'so pretty'

that's really one of the blandest things i've ever seen.

Aren't you one of the few people that think Resistance looks decent?
lol.gif

[/ignore opinions]

Suck it ZENIEN! M$ once again shows it actually listens to people.

And is the next game a SHADOWRUN rpg? or did I read that wrong?

Mentok said:
And is the next game a SHADOWRUN rpg? or did I read that wrong?
Probably not a full RPG, likely an action-RPG, but yes. In the OXM podcast Mitch Gitelman spends a great deal of time on how they've been "thinking a lot" on how to do a Shadowrun RPG and have "even done some intial concept stuff" on it. There's also a quote from an issue of OXM that I don't have in front of me right now (the one with Mortal kombat on the cover) where he heavily hints at doing an RPG, and there's also many posts from FASA Interactive team members on their message boards that either indicate an RPG is already planned or at least would be a top priority for the team once this ships. It's pretty much a certainity.

Gamera, you need to get this. It...it has naked asian women, doing kung fu AND shooting guns (human guns, not alien guns) at other naked kung fu doing asian women. Like it :(

Gammy79 said:
I still don't like this so much :(

Its an online game Blas... You will be forced to buy it sao you can shoot THWIP* and myself :cmad:

I'll convince you :mad:

Whay are you not asleep anyway?

Yes, everyone should get this, whether for PC or 360, it sounds like a lot of fun. I can't wait to teleport around some of you and katana your face off :o

1158290713.jpg

resistance-fall-of-man-20060914004755957.jpg

ROFL... SHADOWRUN looks better than RESISTANCE

(though they're only showing one model for the male human RNA guy and the male elf RNA guy, keep in mind that there are more than one to choose from when you setup your profile)

Newshots8.jpg

The detail on the characters is amazing. I can't wait to see this game when at X06 when it has the fully tweaked lighting and everything working.

all the indoor textures look like they repeated the 2 most simple things they could find over and over and over

So, Shadowrun, a game that looks great by all accounts = bland, "repeated" textures.

Resistance, a game that looks like PC games from 2 years or more ago = great looking flagship of the PS3.

Biased much?

edit: Actually, nevermind, not worth my time. If you can't see the difference between bashing Resistance for what it is and bashing Shadowrun for what system it runs on, you probably won't grasp anything I say to you in the first place.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"