Shadowrun punches critics in the mouth

WhatsHisFace said:
Xbox360 is the best system.

Eh, I borrowed my buddies 360 and it really does nothing to blow me away. Perhaps when more games come out. Same story of the original xbox however over time it did cme close to catching up to the PS2 as far as being called best system. PS2 has a huge library so that gets my vote however the 360 does look good.

I am going to rent the Call of Duty game while I have the 360 and check that out, everyone here seems to like it. Shadowrun seems like it will be ok.

Best quote from the Kotaku.com visit to FASA Studios...

"Daddy, why does the Internet hate you?" - FASA Studio manager Mitch Gitelman's daughter

ROFL :up:

TeamXBox: http://previews.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1461/Shadowrun/p1/

1UP: http://www.1up.com/do/previewPage?cId=3153712&did=1

Gamespot: http://www.gamespot.com/xbox360/action/shadowrun/news.html?sid=6157706&tag=gumballs;img;1

Gamespy: http://xbox360.gamespy.com/xbox-360/shadowrun/733098p1.html

IGN: http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/732/732938p1.html

Kotaku: http://www.kotaku.com/gaming/feature/kotaku-feature-shadowrun-handson-201205.php

Evil Avatar: http://www.evilavatar.com/forums/showthread.php?p=428060

FiringSquad: http://www.firingsquad.com/games/shadowrun_preview/

Xbox365: http://www.xbox365.com/news.cgi?id=GGNLHHLLdP09190526

Shacknews: http://www.shacknews.com/extras/2006/091806_shadowrun_1.x

Gamedaily: http://xbox360.gamedaily.com/game/features/?gameid=5263&id=402&t=preview

THE QUOTES

TeamXBox

“After having spent an afternoon with the developers of this creative shooter we can tell you first hand that many of our initial concerns no longer worry us and we have been more than impressed with what FASA has put together so far. Going into the day we were unsure what to expect, but upon leaving only one thing was clear…we are hungry for more.”

“When asked about any additional modes, including deathmatch, FASA stressed that Shadowrun isn’t so much about racking up kills as it is about the team winning or losing the artifact. This helps keep the background story in place and gives players a bit more reason to fight against each other.”

“After spending a few hours playing, I’ll probably end up going back to Counter-Strike wishing I could teleport or glide and being left feeling that the game is too limiting. Strange thought huh?”

“Rather than shooting for a certain number of maps, FASA is focusing on delivering quality over quantity. This doesn’t mean they won’t have enough maps, it just means they aren’t going to pack in a bunch of half-assed maps along with a few more impressive ones. Instead they are going to make sure that each map is as good as they can possibly make them so there are no wasted efforts.”

“FASA is gearing up to deliver what should prove to change the way we not only think of first-person shooters, but the ways in which we play them as well.”

1UP

“Playing the game did, though, remove concerns about the difficulties in balancing players on PC and console in the same game.”

“Figure in the Live Anywhere support and it starts to become clear the role Microsoft hopes Shadowrun can play in making PC gaming as user-friendly as consoles. That also clears up why the release date for the game is "when Vista ships." After playing it, online shooter fans have a new reason to be anxiously waiting for that day to come around.”

“After playing it, online shooter fans have a new reason to be anxiously waiting for that day to come around. The odd part for a game with such a loyal following is that the same cannot necessarily be said for the core Shadowrun fan base. But those who like action games, and are willing to give it a chance, should keep an eye on it. There's a good chance the final refined form will capture in combat at least some of what gives the RPG its unique appeal."

Gamespot

“Microsoft wants to transform the way multiplayer action games are played, and with Shadowrun, it has an impressive case for change.”

“too many action games rely on the same verbs. In other words, all you do is run, shoot, throw a grenade, and maybe drive a vehicle. In comparison, you'll almost need a small dictionary to describe all the actions in Shadowrun due to the sheer variety of actions that are possible in the game”

“It also helps that the four different player races in the game are so different. These are essentially class types, with distinct strengths and weaknesses.”

“Put it all together, and Shadowrun's impressive gameplay is certainly something that both Xbox 360 and PC fans can look forward to.”

Gamespy

“Perhaps the best news is that it was impossible to tell which players were playing on an Xbox 360, which ones were using the PC's keyboard-and-mouse setup, and which were playing with a controller on a PC. We played a bunch of games, and no one had the upper hand thanks to their chosen setup.”

“While the hardcore Shadowrun fans out there will probably continue to take issue with the changes that FASA's made to the franchise, it's tough to deny the fact that the game is a lot of fun.”

“The magic powers and technology bring a number of cool new gameplay elements to the FPS genre, and it'll be interesting to see how gamers combine them to get the upper hand on their foes.”

“We only had a chance to check out a handful of the spells and tech, but it looks like it'll be easy to string them together in a number of interesting ways. For instance, you might spot your foes through a wall using your enhanced vision, teleport through the wall behind them, turn to smoke so their bullets will pass right through you, then blink back to fell them with your katana. Sound fun? It is.”

IGN

“We got a chance to sit down with members of the development team and a number of other media outlets to test out the most recent build, and walked away impressed.”

“Of course most players know a keyboard and mouse work, so the fact that the X360 controller felt so intuitive is definitely a good sign.”

Kotaku

“While I had a big problem with the artistic style after E3, I now think that the game is shaping up to more look like Shadowrun. While characters don't have the dirty, punky look of the RPG book art, they have a cohesive design that I see evolving more city grime if a future Shadowrun title ever finds its way back to Seattle.”

“The gameplay is different than any other FPS I've picked up - it's fluid, strategic and quirky - and little I've read has done it justice.”

“Combine teleporting with a backpack glider and you can go anywhere in levels that are designed with lots of vertical space. It's unbelievably fun.”

“Is it Shadowrun?...I'm getting flamed on this either way, but I'm going with yes. Even with significant parts of the RPG completely missing, when you use tech to look through a wall at a troll and dwarf standing side-by-side holding guns, it feels like Shadowrun. Also, Shadowrun technology is about getting the edge to survive in a world richer and more powerful than you - and that's exactly how it functions in the videogame.”

Evil Avatar

“The insanity that ensues when you rush into a firefight and see your fallen buddies only to resurrect the entire group to turn the tide of battle is a total rush.”

“All in all I am pretty excited to see how Shadowrun turns out. The core gameplay is something unique and a totally different take on your standard team based first person shooter. If there’s one downside to the game it may be the difficulty understand just how much depth the game can offer. This may turn off players to the game initially. The game will feature an in depth single player tutorial with training a mini-missions to help better understand the game, and hopefully this will alleviate the learning curve. Overall Shadowrun is a fast, frantic and fun team based game set in the Shadowrun universe.”

FiringSquad

“So what about the gameplay itself? In a word, fast. In our brief gameplay sessions against the FASA development team we found ourselves yelling and screaming at our teammates to win each round.”

“While the game is still a ways away from release (sometime in 2007) the team at Shadowrun sold us on their vision on a new and different look at the multiplayer shooter during our brief visit this week. Indeed the team refers to it sometimes as a fast paced RPG. Our gameplay sessions were a lot of fun as we learned more and more on how to combine the game’s unique mix of weapons, tech and magic”

Xbox365

“Katana – Oh how I love thee. When you equip the Katana, you go into 3rd person mode. The Katana is actually relevant and works, even when you’re going up against those firearms I listed above. Using a combination of the glider, you could easily drop down on one of your foes and give them a good slashing. Not to mention there’s this neat technology that allows you to deflect bullets. Bad ass indeed.”

“Those are the three elements that will drive the gameplay of Shadowrun. Technology, Magic and the Weapons. There are so many combinations you can use with the elements given that it enriches your gaming experience.”

“Shadowrun is in good hands.”

No, which is a huge thing I have against the game, they had the lead designer from ****ing Halo and they didn't do anything single player wise besides just bots :(

Still, the multiplayer looks awesome. The game looks about 8/10ish. It'll probably be the top Live title for a long time to come....but no single player really hurts it :(

I lied, the single player mode is actually an epic tale of kung fu and asian ****, buy it :(

Shouldn't kung fu and asian **** make you un-angry? :confused:

Yes, what makes me angry is your insulting attempt to get me to buy that useless no-single-player-mode game :mad: :(

But I want to glide around and katana your face off, which I can't do if you don't buy the obviously awesome multiplayer game :(

X06Shots_1.jpg

X06Shots_3.jpg

X06Shots_4.jpg

X06Shots_5.jpg

The graphics are always getting better, but what's really good to know is that FASA's making this game.

They need to get making the RPG though.

Probably because unlike Resistance, a game that releases in a few months, this game won't be out until next year, and as it has already shown many times, is a work in progress. You're "ha, I'll turn it around on you!" effort fails, pretty hard I might add. Might wanna make sure your post is relevant next time around. Thanks for playing.

Well, actually, there kinda......is....... and if you are talking about the shots fired from the gun, you ought to notice the burst is very small in scale and would not be enough to make much of any visible detection on the floor with the bright lighting from everything else.

Axid said:
Well, actually, there kinda......is....... and if you are talking about the shots fired from the gun, you ought to notice the burst is very small in scale and would not be enough to make much of any visible detection on the floor with the bright lighting from everything else.

I was just making a crack, notice the :whatever:? But if you want to get technical the guy kneeling down, right over his shadow, there should be light there.

But hey, I really could care less. Little things like that don't make or break a game for me, that is total nerdy nitpicking trying to slam something they just do not like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"