1Up Rumors

Manny Calavera

Sidekick
Reaction score
Enough preaching. Monday night I went to a party and drank more than my fair share of Redbull and Vodka (with a couple three Jack and Coke's thrown in), everyone knows that the more people drink, the more they talk. What did I hear first, second and third hand?

Bungie is further along in Halo 3's development than they are letting on. Similarly a key group of Bungie employees is already working on the company's next project -- finally, it's not Halo-related. (Whatever, we've heard that before)

Emulator fans will be able to take emulated software and compile and recode it in XNA -- meaning that eventually you'll see X360 versions of existing software. Super Mario Bros 3(60), anyone?

Comically (to me) someone described Microsoft's strategy for the fall as "Rolling Thunder." When I said "what the hell?" they explained it was PR speak for the "coming storm." The first rumbles of rolling thunder will be heard in the distance that is next week's Leipzig with a steady(ish) stream of "rolling thunder" leading up to the storm that is X06.

I'd heard it before, but finally heard it much closer to the horse's mouth: X06 "New IPs in existing universes." I know what that means, so should you.

Xbox Live Arcade wants to focus on indie titles (probably because they can't compete pound for pound with retro libraries like what Nintendo will offer) -- nonetheless expect an announcement about a pretty classic multiplayer game soon -- expect that game this year.

I'm packing up to head to Leipzig Game Convention, now. Sam, Matt Leone, Cesar and I will be there all week next week. Hopefully, I'll finally get to mess around with Assassin's Creed -- but on which platform? I kid, I kid (I think).

link

So, how true do you think any of this is? I personally think Halo 3's development might be pretty far along, if they started right after Halo 2 they've had about two years now, and they put together the final product of the first Halo in less than a full year, so it's possible. Hopefully the New IP in an existing universe, if it's not BS, is Shadowrun: Seattle or some other RPG using the Shadowrun universe.

So if theyre almost done with Halo 3 will the release date change?

I'd like to believe this, but at the same time, it could just be a series of drunken fantasies, so who knows.

Frankie (the Bungie community manager guy who used to work at OXM) said he had recently played three levels, totally done, so they may be further along than thought. A summer 07 release wouldn't be totally out of the question I think. That XNA emulator stuff is crap though, that's like 20 different kinds of illegal.

Manny Calavera said:
So, how true do you think any of this is? I personally think Halo 3's development might be pretty far along, if they started right after Halo 2 they've had about two years now, and they put together the final product of the first Halo in less than a full year, so it's possible. Hopefully the New IP in an existing universe, if it's not BS, is Shadowrun: Seattle or some other RPG using the Shadowrun universe.
New IPs in existing universes is always a good idea, in my opinion.

Command and Conquer: Renegade was just awesome, as it was one of the better FPSs of it's time and had a lot of links to strategy games that later showed up in Halo, which basically went the same way but never had it's strategy incarnation released.

Then look at the Sims.

I still think Halo would make an amazing strategy game. It would be very vicarious as we'd be so used to playing as the little Master Chief next to those little Marines.

Shadowrun is basically a new IP in an existing universe, but as RPGs are awesome, it needs to come back for a another try on the 360, bypassing the MP-only harlotte.

But it may be just nothing, or it could be a Banjo Kazooie MMO (I hope not, but wierder things have happened (the Resident Evil Series until "4")).

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
anarchomando1
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"