Share your wildest dreams for the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Yes! Yes! 1000x this! And put Joss Whedon in charge!

I could see theatrical films for the big things, like an intro movie, sort of like the first episode of Spectacular which introduces numerous villains before they become super villains, eventually a Sinister Six, and eventually guest starring in Avengers 3!

But the bulk of the story telling would be like a live action Spectacular Spider-Man! :wow: :woot:

But Joss Whedon already made a TV adaptation of Spider-Man. Except in his version, Peter Parker was a girl and her name was Buffy Summers.

That's kind of a joke, but it's mostly not. Buffy was really just a live action Spider-Man TV show if you think about it.

My greatest wish would be for the FF property to find its way home from the clutches of FOX. Where they would be done some justice. Especially Dr Doom.

My greatest wish would be for the FF property to find its way home from the clutches of FOX. Where they would be done some justice. Especially Dr Doom.

I wouldn't want to see a FF trilogy or anything like that, just an introductory movie then Mr Fantastic being a major player in Avengers related storylines.

But Joss Whedon already made a TV adaptation of Spider-Man. Except in his version, Peter Parker was a girl and her name was Buffy Summers.

That's kind of a joke, but it's mostly not. Buffy was really just a live action Spider-Man TV show if you think about it.

Guess what I'm currently watching? :cwink:

I know I'm way late to the party, but it wasn't really until I saw The Avengers that I started taking notice of Joss Whedon. After recommendations on these boards and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, when I finally got Netflix for the missing Clone Wars episodes, I decided to check out his other projects starting with Firefly, Cabin in the Woods, and Dollhouse. I really liked them and I'm now on Season 2 of Buffy. And yes, I feel a serious Spider-Man vibe.

After seeing Avengers, I said THIS is how Spider-Man should be done. Perfect world would have a live action Spider-Man series with a decent budget done by Joss Whedon and Greg Weisman and tied into the MCU!

I know I'm way late to the party, but it wasn't really until I saw The Avengers that I started taking notice of Joss Whedon. After recommendations on these boards and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D, when I finally got Netflix for the missing Clone Wars episodes, I decided to check out his other projects starting with Firefly, Cabin in the Woods, and Dollhouse. I really liked them and I'm now on Season 2 of Buffy. And yes, I feel a serious Spider-Man vibe.

After seeing Avengers, I said THIS is how Spider-Man should be done. Perfect world would have a live action Spider-Man series with a decent budget done by Joss Whedon and Greg Weisman and tied into the MCU!

Oh my god, you are so lucky Buffy is so good! :oldrazz: Unnecessarily thread sidetracking but seriously, I know the show started out as a play on the horror genre, but Joss's comic geek side comes out early and often. Hell, Buffy's whole personality (both her high school "but I never asked for this responsibility!" and her later "I solve problems by punching them in the face hard enough so shut up and let me save the world!" turn) has always been more comic book than horror girl. I mean there are definitely shades there.

Now I again wish I had friends I had not forced to watch all of Whedon with me, so I could force them to now and get to experience it all over again.

Wait 'till the season 2 finale. It's one of the most Spider-Man-y moments in the show.

My point in bringing up Buffy is that Joss basically already did a Spider-Man show in Buffy. Meaning that I don't think he would ever want to make a Spider-Man show, or would even be suited for a Spider-Man show, because all of the things he would have done in a Spider-Man show he already did in Buffy.

Oh my god, you are so lucky Buffy is so good! :oldrazz: Unnecessarily thread sidetracking but seriously, I know the show started out as a play on the horror genre, but Joss's comic geek side comes out early and often. Hell, Buffy's whole personality (both her high school "but I never asked for this responsibility!" and her later "I solve problems by punching them in the face hard enough so shut up and let me save the world!" turn) has always been more comic book than horror girl. I mean there are definitely shades there.

Now I again wish I had friends I had not forced to watch all of Whedon with me, so I could force them to now and get to experience it all over again.

You sound like me with LOST! I wish I could wipe my mind of LOST so I can experience it new again.

Well, currently i am enjoying Buffy and Breaking Bad, both for the first time! :woot:

Wait 'till the season 2 finale. It's one of the most Spider-Man-y moments in the show.

My point in bringing up Buffy is that Joss basically already did a Spider-Man show in Buffy. Meaning that I don't think he would ever want to make a Spider-Man show, or would even be suited for a Spider-Man show, because all of the things he would have done in a Spider-Man show he already did in Buffy.

I'm still on Season 2, so I'll have to wait to see if I agree with you, but I get what you mean. But, after The Avengers I thought he would be PERFECT for Spider-Man, and the fact that he has done something like Buffy only reinforces my wish to see him handle Pete and all his characters, supporting and villains!

My biggest wish for the MCU would be a four-part mini-series, The Coming Of The Avengers, which would star the core six heroes, and show four adventures they have before the events of Age of Ultron. Would be a huge budget (mainly for Hulk) but this is a dream, after all.

Each episode would be an individual story with small links between episodes. The four would be based on classic Avengers storylines, featuring villains such as Immortus, Kang, MODOK, etc.

Joss Whedon would direct two, James Gunn would direct one, and Joe + Anthony Russo the other.

Tell me that wouldn't be fabulous. :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"