Share your wildest dreams for the Marvel Cinematic Universe

A live action Spider-Man TV show on ABC.

And it features dozens of characters and serialized stories and great action and great jokes and nods to the classic comics. So it's almost exactly like Spectacular Spider-Man but an hour long.

If they could pull off Spidey on a TV budget and still make it work as an adaptation, it'd be goddamn revolutionary.

It gets harder and harder to dream these things because so many of them are actually happening. Think back to 10 years ago. What were some of the things we would have considered "wild dreams"? An Iron Man film, Cap film, Thor film, a big Avengers crossover, a big cinematic universe, another space adventure like Star Wars, numerous TV shows for certain characters as opposed to films, etc.

But I'd still like to see:
-Spider-Man and the FF in the Marvel Cinematic Universe.
-A live-action Spider-Man Netflix series.
-Cap lifting Thor's hammer against Thanos during a moment when all hope is lost, his shield's broken, everyone else is defeated or killed.
-Pixar doing something Marvel related.
-Black Panther film + Avengers membership. Fully realized Wakanda included.
-Hank and Jan as we know them in the Avengers.
-Kang the Conqueror as the main antagonist in an Avengers film.
-A revamped more threatening Red Skull.
-A whole phase dedicated to Doctor Doom.
-Stan Lee as Uatu.
-Runaways Netflix series.
-Punisher Netflix series or guest appearances.
-Hulk film with The Leader as main villain.
-Carol Danvers in the Avengers.

Marvel gets Spider-Man back who promptly gets a big budget Netflix series.They start over with the definitive take on the origin and progress as the books originally did (Betty Brant in the first season,Gwen introduced the next,etc).

Hulk gets some solo films.The first picking up where TIH left off.
Get as many of the original cast back (Hurt is a must)
Go back to the Banner on the run/looking for a cure theme.No more of this "I'm always angry" turning it on and off stuff.The Hulk should stay a wild card.A hero yes,but not the conventional type.
Have Hulk talk "Hulk speak".I don't know why they are so afraid of having Hulk open his mouth.We've got a character that can say nothing but "I Am Groot" but we can't have Hulk say "Leave Hulk alone" instead of "Leave me alone"?
Show the "gentle giant" side of Hulk.Play up the "beauty & the beast" aspect with Betty.
By all means,let Ferrigno continue to voice the Hulk.Ruffalo's modulated voice as Hulk just doesn't cut it.

FF goes back to Marvel.

Yvonne Strahovski as Ms Marvel in her own movie/Avengers

Black Widow movie that focuses on her past and the Red Guardian.

Falcon gets a better costume for Cap 3

Red Skull comes back.

RDJ signs on for IM 4

Thor wears the damn helmet during ONE action scene!

Coulson makes an appearance in some Marvel movies again.

Some of the Avengers cast shows up in AOS

Cobie Smulders joins AOS

Mark Valley joins AOS as Clay Quartermain.

Ant Man/Hank Pym can somehow be redeemed in the MCU

Nick Fury goes back to the eyepatch and stops dressing like a hobo.

Biggest Pipe Dream-
Marvel works out a deal to have Hugh Jackman guest in a Hulk movie as Wolverine.

Last edited:
Marvel gets Spider-Man back who promptly gets a big budget Netflix series.They start over with the definitive take on the origin and progress as the books originally did (Betty Brant in the first season,Gwen introduced the next,etc).

Hulk gets some solo films.The first picking up where TIH left off.
Get as many of the original cast back (Hurt is a must)
Go back to the Banner on the run/looking for a cure theme.No more of this "I'm always angry" turning it on and off stuff.The Hulk should stay a wild card.A hero yes,but not the conventional type.
Have Hulk talk "Hulk speak".I don't know why they are so afraid of having Hulk open his mouth.We've got a character that can say nothing but "I Am Groot" but we can't have Hulk say "Leave Hulk alone" instead of "Leave me alone"?
Show the "gentle giant" side of Hulk.Play up the "beauty & the beast" aspect with Betty.
By all means,let Ferrigno continue to voice the Hulk.Ruffalo's modulated voice as Hulk just doesn't cut it.

FF goes back to Marvel.

Yvonne Strahovski as Ms Marvel in her own movie/Avengers

Black Widow movie that focuses on her past and the Red Guardian.

Falcon gets a better costume for Cap 3

Red Skull comes back.

RDJ signs on for IM 4

Thor wears the damn helmet during ONE action scene!

Coulson makes an appearance in some Marvel movies again.

Some of the Avengers cast shows up in AOS

Cobie Smulders joins AOS

Mark Valley joins AOS as Clay Quartermain.

Ant Man/Hank Pym can somehow be redeemed in the MCU

Nick Fury goes back to the eyepatch and stops dressing like a hobo.

Biggest Pipe Dream-
Marvel works out a deal to have Hugh Jackman guest in a Hulk movie as Wolverine.

Sign me up for nearly all of those except the last one.

Jane Foster is gone! She is the ultimate dead weight to the Thor franchise.

That would be great. If only the budget would work... :csad:

Spider-Man is just on the cusp of being too much special effects for a TV show to handle. It might be doable if they're smart about it. I can see the web swinging, Doctor Octopus' tentacles, and the Goblin Glider being a pain in the ass for a TV production. But other than that, I think it would be easy, or at least as easy as anything gets when you're making a TV show.

Heck, even the tentacles might be doable if it's mostly really smart puppetry. So yeah, really just the webswinging and the glider would be a challenge.

Mark my words, I think Sony is going to closely monitor the success of The Flash and these other superhero tv shows and I think by this time next year they're going to announce a Spidey show in development.

Actually, then again, does Sony have live action tv rights?

I thought it's Marvel who has the TV rights.

wildest dreams, you say??

-all rights back at Marvel

that's pretty much it
any of my other crazy dream ideas involve the X-Men in the MCU in some capacity, so that basically covers it.

One thing that I would like to see: Anthony Hopkins's Odin fighting Josh Brolin's Thanos. The two most powerful beings in the MCU (that have been revealed) duking it out!

Honestly, I would likely seriously mark out if we see Spidey show in Avengers Ultron after credits.

I know it wouldn't happen. But yeah.

Spider-Man is just on the cusp of being too much special effects for a TV show to handle. It might be doable if they're smart about it. I can see the web swinging, Doctor Octopus' tentacles, and the Goblin Glider being a pain in the ass for a TV production. But other than that, I think it would be easy, or at least as easy as anything gets when you're making a TV show.

Heck, even the tentacles might be doable if it's mostly really smart puppetry. So yeah, really just the webswinging and the glider would be a challenge.
I was reading in the paper that CW's The Flash averages at 250 effects shots per episode, 10 times what Arrow does. Shots of Gustin as Flash in the pilot were done with wires and such, but later episodes use more cgi (which is great for running up walls.) It'll be worth keeping an eye on how that all looks on the final show.

Well since the Infinity Gauntlet storyline has pretty much been confirmed since Thor: The Dark World, here's my list:

1) Fantastic Four, Dr. Doom, Galactus and Silver Surfer in the MCU - number one wish hands down
2) Thor vs. Hercules
3) Surtur Saga and Beta Ray Bill
4) Kang the Conqueror
5) Namor the Sub-Mariner
6) Mar-Vell and the Kree-Skrull War
7) Johnny Storm and Peter Parker
8) The Reigning
9) Golden Age of Marvel
10) Adam Warlock vs. the Magus

One thing that I would like to see: Anthony Hopkins's Odin fighting Josh Brolin's Thanos. The two most powerful beings in the MCU (that have been revealed) duking it out!

That would be sick. When can I buy tickets??

The Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, and the X-Men being introduced.

Squadron Supreme

I'd love to see some kind of modern adaptation. Probably a cable mini-series or something along those lines. Not quite J. Michael Straczynski's depressing, cynical gore-fest "Supreme Power" though, they don't need to go all adults-only with it. But it should be heady stuff no matter what.

wildest dreams, you say??

-all rights back at Marvel

that's pretty much it
any of my other crazy dream ideas involve the X-Men in the MCU in some capacity, so that basically covers it.

Would actually prefer X-men to stay separate. Not only will there be more films but I think that with all the mutants Marvels universe would be a bit too crowded with super powered people.

FF and SS to revert though and hopefully Spidey. But I doubt it.

1.All marvel characters back at marvel
2.Hulk vs Rulk
3.Midnight Sons
4.Masters of Evil
5.The Thunderbolts
6.Captain America Fallen Son
7.Planet Hulk
8.Galactus and Silver Surfer
9.The Illuminati
10.Thor Ragnarok
11.Kang The Conqueror
12.The Inhumans
13.Mutant Massacre
14.Namor The Sub Mariner
15.The Savage Land
16.The Negative Zone
17.The Thing vs Hulk
18.Secret Invasion
19.S.W.O.R.D.
20.MODOK
21.War Of Kings
22.Annihilation
23.Carnage vs Venom
24.Black Panther
25.Civil War

I kinda like making lists

Another MCU dream of mine: A buddy cop TV show and/or film series staring Carol Danvers and Jessica Drew.

I would like:

a western with kid colt, two gun kid or rawhide kid

a human torch vs the original human torch

I also think the could experiment with release non action films with a millie the model or a patsy and heidy movie

And it features dozens of characters and serialized stories and great action and great jokes and nods to the classic comics. So it's almost exactly like Spectacular Spider-Man but an hour long.

Yes! Yes! 1000x this! And put Joss Whedon in charge!

I could see theatrical films for the big things, like an intro movie, sort of like the first episode of Spectacular which introduces numerous villains before they become super villains, eventually a Sinister Six, and eventually guest starring in Avengers 3!

But the bulk of the story telling would be like a live action Spectacular Spider-Man! :wow: :woot:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"