Civil War Sharon carter A.K.A. Agent 13

Status
Not open for further replies.
TFA was great, did great work with characters and relationships that ended up paying off in TWS.

The worst that can be said about it, writing wise, was the disjoint between the origin of Cap, and Cap's disappearance. The first 80 minutes are about Steve becoming Captain America, and then it sharply segues into the last days of Cap in WWII before he is frozen.

That is an issue of general pacing, which has no real baring on whether or not they can pull of Steve/Sharon. Pull another one.

Yes it seemed as soon he became Cap they were rushing it towards him joining the Avengers, but it did help TWS after all looking forward to CW, :yay: also I can't believe I'm saying this I feel like I said this before Wanda already has a Father Figure Clint, and I think Natasha would fill the mentor role perfectly instead of Steve what's so wrong if they end up together?

I love TFA and think it has a great story which successfully weaves Cap's life during WW2 and his future life as an Avenger. But as a film based in WW2 the action is a bit 'old-fashioned' which is what I think puts some people off (they want TWS style action scenes instead).

TFA is a good precedent for CW as this will also be setting up the futures of Cap and everyone else. If Sharon gets developed as well as Peggy was then she will be an interesting addition to the MCU.

TFA is a good precedent for CW as this will also be setting up the futures of Cap and everyone else. If Sharon gets developed as well as Peggy was then she will be an interesting addition to the MCU.

To be used no earlier than 2021, if ever.:cmad:

I love TFA and think it has a great story which successfully weaves Cap's life during WW2 and his future life as an Avenger. But as a film based in WW2 the action is a bit 'old-fashioned' which is what I think puts some people off (they want TWS style action scenes instead).

I love TFA and find it charming. I think the old-fashioned feel is completely intentional and probably devisive because of it, but i think it stands alone as sort of an origin story for the Avengers itself. The only two things I would have wanted would be 1) a better sense of time passing the development of Cap's skills during the war and 2) a more realistic idea of how he was revived from the frozen state. I think audiences were heavily leaned upon to fill in the blanks.

If Sharon gets developed as well as Peggy it will be a (hopefully pleasant) surprise, but I think there will be a lot of blanks provided there also for the audience to fill in.

The forceful pairing was the loveline between them during their runaway. Even Chris Evans(along with Jeremy Renner) jokingly called BW character a sl*t 2 months ago. I think the reason both addressing it because they were not fond of the loveline created between BW and their respective characters.

In the same day of interviews Renner joked about killing his family, killing a hulk sized duck and killing a cat in a tree - all of which Evans laughed at. None of which he was serious about doing or wanting to do but was joking about in response to stupid silly questions like the one the interviewer asked about how they feel about Nat choosing someone other than them after fans believed she was set up to be with them. It was a joke - whether one thinks it was a tasteless or poor joke - about being an angry spurned lover insulting the person who dumped them for another guy.

In the cast they are probably the two actors who've been Scarlett and Nat's biggest boosters. Watch all the interviews from Avengers and TWS press. Scarlett refers to Chris as her biggest fan and Chris when asked during the TWS tour what he wanted most for Cap 3 said the return of Black Widow. He also said his favorite scenes in TWS were the quiet talking ones between Steve and Nat.

Yeah if M/M wrote Peggy well, and a better Nat, I'm hoping they can pull it off again with Sharon. Who knows maybe they're saving the best writing for Sharon since telling from their interviews since 2011 they seem to be more excited for this character and with plenty of great source material to pick and choose from.

But M/M's writing is just one piece of the puzzle. EVC needs to portray her well, Russos need to give good direction, and costume/styling needs to make her look smashing.

Love these intense EVC glares.
tumblr_nnfsc499dB1tctq75o1_250.gif
tumblr_nnfsc499dB1tctq75o4_250.gif
tumblr_nptct003s01tqyn3fo2_250.gif

[YT]2Dq13odtaBo[/YT]
It's a beautiful perfume ad. She looks so stunningly gorgeous.

Thanks! I have no doubt she would have made a better BW. :ilv:

Oh well, hopefully she will be Captain Marvel, though.

Yeah if M/M wrote Peggy well, and a better Nat, I'm hoping they can pull it off again with Sharon. Who knows maybe they're saving the best writing for Sharon since telling from their interviews since 2011 they seem to be more excited for this character and with plenty of great source material to pick and choose from.

But M/M's writing is just one piece of the puzzle. EVC needs to portray her well, Russos need to give good direction, and costume/styling needs to make her look smashing.

I guess only time will tell if its a success or a failure? and lets not forget the curse of CBM's part 3 SM3, TDKR, [BLACKOUT]XMLS[/BLACKOUT] could CW brake the curse or will it join the others that failed. :csad:

I guess only time will tell if its a success or a failure? and lets not forget the curse of CBM's part 3 SM3, TDKR, [BLACKOUT]XMLS[/BLACKOUT] could CW brake the curse or will it join the others that failed. :csad:

You can't speculate on Marvel Studios' potential successes or failures by comparing them and their cinematic universe to unrelated franchises. The only 'part three' we've gotten in the MCU so far is IM3, which made a ton of dough. It wasn't received by the fanboys as well as they'd hoped, I'm sure, but it was by no means a failure.

You can't speculate on Marvel Studios' potential successes or failures by comparing them and their cinematic universe to unrelated franchises. The only 'part three' we've gotten in the MCU so far is IM3, which made a ton of dough. It wasn't received by the fanboys as well as they'd hoped, I'm sure, but it was by no means a failure.

I'm talking about CBM's in general some say after 2 big hits, and when people are excided for the third one only to be letdown they call it the part 3 curse, SM1, SM2, a big hit people were excided for SM3 I know I was I was buying action figures, watching the trailers, I was pumped :woot: only to be letdown. :csad: Now on to TDKT BMB, TDK, a huge big hit same as SM3 people were excided for TDKR only to be let down, now here we are again after 2 big hits TFA, TWS, a big hit people are excided for CW now the question is will it break the curse or will history repeat itself for the third time?

But Batman Begins, X-Men and The First Avenger weren't hits, they were so so. TDKR is a clear hit, but the story is a mess.

I can see the signs that CW might turn out to be another AoU where there was just too much happening and no appropriate time to devote to each story. But CW is Cap's story so they should stick with Cap only and not other characters side stories like Hulktasha, Tony/Pepper, Vision/Wanda, and so on.

Thanks! I have no doubt she would have made a better BW. :ilv:

Oh well, hopefully she will be Captain Marvel, though.
Seriously that ad screams Black Widow from the red hair, to the seductive/femme fatale look, to the black outfit, to her stature, and to her movements. Marvel probably saw that ad and immediately offered her the role. Thanks for agreeing with me. :woot:

Okay, can we stop with the Blunt talk in the Sharon thread?

Move along. That ship has sailed.

But Batman Begins, X-Men and The First Avenger weren't hits, they were so so. TDKR is a clear hit, but the story is a mess.

I can see the signs that CW might turn out to be another AoU where there was just too much happening and no appropriate time to devote to each story. But CW is Cap's story so they should stick with Cap only and not other characters side stories like Hulktasha, Tony/Pepper, Vision/Wanda, and so on.

Well that's what I mean there's like a pattern SM1 was so so, SM2 was a big hit, SM3 was a letdown. :csad: BB was so so, TDK a huge hit, TDKR was a let down to some, :csad: now here we are again TFA was so so, TWS was a big hit, now will CW be a big hit or a letdown? also I love Scarlett as Black Widow Marvel couldn't have casted better. :ilv:

It's a beautiful perfume ad. She looks so stunningly gorgeous.

Didn't the mods tell you to stop shoehorning this obsession into every discussion? Its basically spam at this point.

I love Scarlett as Black Widow Marvel couldn't have casted better. :ilv:
But they did, Blunt. Didn't you see that perfume ad? Edge of Tomorrow? Anyway, you guys win, and I'm left disappointed.

Didn't the mods tell you to stop shoehorning this obsession into every discussion? Its basically spam at this point.
No, the mod told me to stop posting that amazing Blunt GIF and I did. And there's nothing wrong with discussing all things Black Widow related. :woot:

Even though she shouldn't be saying these things to fans - some of whom will take it to heart and end up being antagonistic towards Sharon/EVC - I do have to agree with Hayley :funny:

Even though she shouldn't be saying these things to fans - some of whom will take it to heart and end up being antagonistic towards Sharon/EVC - I do have to agree with Hayley :funny:

I love it also when I read about the TFA commentary on Tumblr they was talking about Hayley's screen test which was the scene where Steve crashes the ship, :csad: they said when she did the scene they was blow away by how she did it she had them in tears and that was just a screen test, also they said when ever you put Evans/Atwell together the chemistry is just there AOU is proof of that. :ilv: After reading all that I'm like wow is this what Staron is going up against?

The way Hayley reacted will no doubt encourage more antagonism towards Sharon/EVC. She made it sound forbidden, but anything forbidden is usually enticing.

Well I'm glad Hayley got the role instead of Keira Knightley after Emily Blunt turned down the role. Also Steggy and Staron are not in a competition; it's peaches and strawberries.

EVC/Evans also did a screen test and Russos, casting director, and Feige obviously saw chemistry between them, and I agree bc I saw it in TWS.

The way Hayley reacted will no doubt encourage more antagonism towards Sharon/EVC. She made it sound forbidden, but anything forbidden is usually enticing.

Well I'm glad Hayley got the role instead of Keira Knightley after Emily Blunt turned down the role. Also Steggy and Staron are not in a competition; it's peaches and strawberries.

EVC/Evans also did a screen test and Russos, casting director, and Feige obviously saw chemistry between them, and I agree bc I saw it in TWS.

Well I guess only time will tell of course I wouldn't mind if the Russo's pulled a Rachel, :oldrazz: one of the best scenes in The Dark Knight. :cwink:

At first I was like Rachel? Huh from Friends? Secondly, I doubt they'll pull a Rachel Dawes since DC peeps will be crying copycat, copycat, copycat! Thirdly, :emp: you. :woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"