The Winter Soldier Hayley Atwell/Peggy Carter back for Cap 2!

Some people already found it weird that he started a relationship with his old GF's sister, daughter, great-niece, etc (depending on where in the publishing history a particular story is). I don't because Sharon is a very different character from Peggy, but some people do.

Some people already found it weird that he started a relationship with his old GF's sister, daughter, great-niece, etc (depending on where in the publishing history a particular story is). I don't because Sharon is a very different character from Peggy, but some people do.

Exactly, but most people wouldn't see that if they were played by the same actress. :funny:

@Ksb36

Peggy and Sharon are not the same person. Personality wise and appearance wise they are two different people, so they should be played by two different people.

Would it not look a bit weird to people if Cap started a relationship with someone who looks and sounds exactly like his old girlfriend?

In the comics Peggy and Sharon are supposed to look startlingly alike. I know it's a comics conceit but I think it could be pulled off with hair and makeup and wardrobe, as well as good acting. Atwell is good enough to play both characters. Anyway,it's a done deal.

In the comics Peggy and Sharon are supposed to look startlingly alike. I know it's a comics conceit but I think it could be pulled off with hair and makeup and wardrobe, as well as good acting. Atwell is good enough to play both characters. Anyway,it's a done deal.

I don't think it could, but we will never actually know.

tumblr_n2eublRnMJ1r3idmyo6_250.gif
tumblr_n2eublRnMJ1r3idmyo5_250.gif

tumblr_n2eublRnMJ1r3idmyo7_250.gif
tumblr_n2eublRnMJ1r3idmyo3_250.gif

tumblr_n2eublRnMJ1r3idmyo4_250.gif
tumblr_n2eublRnMJ1r3idmyo1_250.gif

I want the Agent Carter series to be picked up!!!

Was SO good to see Hayley back playing Peggy!! Such a touching scene with Steve, when she starts crying... so sad
Did anyone catch who she married in the end? Was it someone we know?

Atwell looks stunningly beautiful wherever she goes.

[blackout]Her fate was depressing. I so didn't need the superhero version of the Notebook.[/blackout]

I wish there was another Peggy Carter scene in the film, so it brings real closure to the their relationship because [BLACKOUT]I LOVED the scene they had in the film with Steve by her bed, it was very poignant, but we don't know what happens to her after Steve visited her, does he visit regularly or was it a one off? I think to bring real closure would have been her death of old age and you could of had a funeral scene later on in the film with Sharon attending and we find out she is her niece and it gives Sharon more screen time also. Either that or the Steve and Peggy scene could have gone on a little longer with more build up after the museum scene.[/BLACKOUT]

So of what I hear, Peggy [blackout]is in pretty bad health in the movies[/blackout] and Sharon's [/blackout]last name is never revealed[/blackout].

Could some early scene in the movie be similar to the first issue of Captain America volume 7, which featured [blackout]Peggy's funeral in France, during which, they are attacked by an assailant. It could be how Steve learns who she really is.[/blackout]

I wish there was another Peggy Carter scene in the film, so it brings real closure to the their relationship because [BLACKOUT]I LOVED the scene they had in the film with Steve by her bed, it was very poignant, but we don't know what happens to her after Steve visited her, does he visit regularly or was it a one off? I think to bring real closure would have been her death of old age and you could of had a funeral scene later on in the film with Sharon attending and we find out she is her niece and it gives Sharon more screen time also. Either that or the Steve and Peggy scene could have gone on a little longer with more build up after the museum scene.[/BLACKOUT]

That would have been great.

Like you, I was hoping there was another scene like after the climax but it didn't happen.:csad:

Her scene made me cry. It's just so sad to get that old. My grandma is about that age and I love her so much. It would be terrible for something like that to happen to her (that illness) and just the feeling that all your friends are gone and you're the last one who has to shut the door on the way out.

Seriously guys, so sad

I found it kind of odd that she was that old but still sounded so young. Think they could have done a better job with that whole sequence. Wasn't feeling the abrupt NOTEBOOK ripoff, and their relationship, as underdeveloped as it was in the first film, deserves better exploration than that.

Never read the comics huh?
It wasn't a Notebook ripoff, it was from the source material

and it wasn't abrupt to anyone with half a heart

we get it son, you hated the movie
good for you.
move on.

Yeah, The Guard basically been going on all of the threads trashing everything about the movie, so I wouldn't take his comments seriously. As for Peggy, the Notebook wasn't the first movie to do a "tragic reunion scene" and it certainly won't be the last. Calling the Peggy scene a rip-off is just ludicrous.

There's a finite amount of plots; if the reunion is a ripoff, then Cap's suspended animation is a ripoff of Rip Van Winkle.

Yes, Peggy's
Alzheimer's is canonical
… but that's already been discussed :)

It was the one thing I had hoped they would change. I mean, if Betty White's still kicking around like she is,
why couldn't Peggy :( I'm heartbroken and sad that she and Cap will never have their dance.

But thematically, it really had to be done. Both Cap and Peggy are victims of time. Peggy's
is trapped in time in her own head and Steve subjects himself to visiting her though it kills him (just look at Chris' face in that scene!) because she's his "best girl" :csad. Oh and absolutely this is not the first time Cap's visited Peggy and seen her condition; the expression he had when she forgot him was one of calm anguish, not of shock or confusion or surprise. He kept his emotions in check, he talked her through it, went along with the memory loss. He's totally done this before… which breaks my heart all over again.

I just wish I wasn't such a fangirl of Atwell's that the whole thing didn't hurt. The only time I was grateful for my 3D glasses - it hid my tears of crazy the second time I watched that scene.

I think Steve will have his dance with Peggy in the third installment and finally move on with Sharon.

I think Steve will have his dance with Peggy in the third installment and finally move on with Sharon.

If Peggy somehow dies in his arms, asking him for one final dance because she cannot remember… UGH!! I will be wreck, I'm telling you.

I will drown this board in my tears… :csad::csad::csad:

I'm already getting teary thinking about it!

If Peggy somehow dies in his arms, I will be wreck, I'm telling you.

I will drown this board in my tears… :csad::csad::csad:

I'm already getting teary thinking about it!

Maybe it wouldn't be enacted the same but I betcha it'll have a similar impact. The Russo brothers have shown they can handle the emotional scenes well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jeremija
Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"