Endgame Sharon Carter / Agent 13 - Emily VanCamp

True.

Just let it go...She doesn't have anything else to do in these movies. The character might be important in the Cap comics but in the MCU she was just a "what if..." for Steve...And it's not like he was showing caring that much about her, anyway.

There was more chemistry between Steve and Bucky, Steve and Natasha, even Steve and Wanda, then there ever was between Steve and Sharon.
More chemistry between Sam and Bucky than Steve and Natasha.

But i suppose it's either the writing (or lackthereof) or the actors themselves.

I have read more tham 2000 marvel comics.in my life, i know fully.well who sharon is
I also know the mcu is not the.comics and the creators shouldnt be beholden ton them. Russos have every roght to have preferences with characters. They are not obliged to like everyone equally.
When you can use a character with a dark past and moral code that contrasts well with the title character's clean image, then you use that to your advantage, especially in a movie with all the spy vs spy stuff. Plus, having ScarJo as BW isn't exactly going to hurt the box office.

If these mini-series had been around at the time of TWS, we might have gotten a properly fleshed out Sharon Carter.

I've been following this site for years before I decided to register. I just don't get why this character keeps getting forums on every team up movie. This character is a nonentity in the mcu, it baffles me that some people keep expecting her to show up.

It really just comes down to "they decided to make Peggy the three-dimensional-character love of Steve's life for the movies". Which I'm totally on board with.

But once you do that, don't bring in Sharon. It's uncomfortable/weird at worst, unnecessary and forced at best.

The sucky thing for me is they seemingly can't have more than 1 or 2 female characters in a film (who can kick some ass without being "enhanced).
I never read the comics so Sharon means nothing to me. Her in a minor role is okay. Just nice to see someone who isn't an Avenger.

She's a great character in the comics, strong and such, but the movies have failed her to the point that I don't care about her on MCU, like most people.

True.

Just let it go...She doesn't have anything else to do in these movies. The character might be important in the Cap comics but in the MCU she was just a "what if..." for Steve...And it's not like he was showing caring that much about her, anyway.

I agree with bolded section. I think they can still find some use for her though. Disney Streaming service needs a more mid-budgeted show as the 3 they've got planned already probably will cost quite a bit if they want to pull off a theatrical level experience. Something akin to the Agent Carter short featuring Agent 13 great way to reboot the Carter show as an indirect continuation.

="Aximili86, post: 37112833, member: 139881"]It really just comes down to "they decided to make Peggy the three-dimensional-character love of Steve's life for the movies". Which I'm totally on board with.

But once you do that, don't bring in Sharon. It's uncomfortable/weird at worst, unnecessary and forced at best.

I think Hayley Atwell agrees with that last part. Still though, I think Sharon is the What-If as someone mentioned above. She's the envisioned life that Steve wishes he had with Peggy before the war and frozen in ice for decades...

Last edited:
Post-Avengers 4, if no more Agent 13 there's always B.A.D Girls Inc. that can be incorporated in a future movie at some point.

B.A.D=combined initials of codenames Daimondback, Asp, and Black Mamba. All originally recruited as members of 3rd Serpent Squad formed under Roxxon Oil's Hugh Jones in mid-80's Captain America comics w/field leader Sidewinder later to become the Serpent Society. After defecting into being protagonists they became a Birds of Prey like trio of former villains.

1321807-badgirlsxmas.png

I've been following this site for years before I decided to register. I just don't get why this character keeps getting forums on every team up movie. This character is a nonentity in the mcu, it baffles me that some people keep expecting her to show up.
Because the MCU is based of the comics and Sharon is a major supporting Cap character in the comics. Edit: Plus Sharon had so much potential character wise and story wise she could've brought to the MCU.

Cap deserves his happy ending in A4 with Bucky, Sam, and Sharon riding off into the sunset a la Indy in The Last Crusade or The Princess Bride.

Last edited:
I guess the question is why did they give her role over to Black Widow. Was there room to give Sharon a bigger role in the film (but still less than that of BW)? Was it jue to Van Camp's acting or (less than star name) or was there more to it?

This was answered multiple times in previous threads and then some. To sum it up, Russos didn't like Sharon, but love scarjo/bw.

Peggy is the love of Cap's life in these movies. And I'm sure that Feige is happy with that. Peggy even had her own series. Wouldn't shock me if we see a flahback of the 1940's Peggy in A4 before we get anything Sharon related.

Agent Carter had just been cancelled. I remember posting posting a synopses for where I think things would be interesting to go if a re-boot continuation (meaning don't have to watch ABC series to follow this) would get made.

Synopsis: Sharon sifting through some of Peggy's belongings around the time of her funeral in Civil War. She comes upon a dark/painful secret from Peggy's past that she kept to herself all these years. It involves her brother...

Months later it seems the shows creators have indicated her brother would've factored into season 3. As that didn't happen (Season 2 didn't balance drama and comedy and just couldn't hook people in like it should've), I think a series spanning the generational gap involving Sharon in the present and Peggy in the past would be interesting. It could also touch on both their relationships to Steve Rogers; a man bound by duty that came at a sacrifice.

Last edited:
Zemo says to Captain America in Civil War "Now that I take a closer look at you, I can see a bit of green in the blue of your eyes". However, juxtapose that with what happens when Cap's on a mission and you see how no holds barred he is (using semi-automatic on shield airship in Avengers, knocking a bad guy off the side of a ship into the ocean in Winter Soldier, not to mention the way he threw his shield at Zemo peering through the window).

He does what it takes, is selfless, loyal, and doesn't let pressure get to him. He's Captain America, even if that means he's still a virgin.

Last edited:
Sharon should turn up in Wanda's mini series. They need more female team ups and that could be something for her to do since she's probably not in this movie.

Turning up in mini-series could be a good shout and probably more likely than future films.

Agent Carter had just been cancelled. I remember posting posting a synopses for where I think things would be interesting to go if a re-boot continuation (meaning don't have to watch ABC series to follow this) would get made.

Synopsis: Sharon sifting through some of Peggy's belongings around the time of her funeral in Civil War. She comes upon a dark/painful secret from Peggy's past that she kept to herself all these years. It involves her brother...

Months later it seems the shows creators have indicated her brother would've factored into season 3. As that didn't happen (Season 2 didn't balance drama and comedy and just couldn't hook people in like it should've), I think a series spanning the generational gap involving Sharon in the present and Peggy in the past would be interesting. It could also touch on both their relationships to Steve Rogers; a man bound by duty that came at a sacrifice.
Yes, I like your Netflix suggestion for Sharon Agent "Carter", but that's highly unlikely since not many people tuned in for Agent Carter in the first place. I think I'd be happy with Sharon appearing in Wanda's series.

Hmm...nope, I haven't seen anyone who fits that description at all, @Voltron . Unless perhaps you're confusing her for Bucky Barnes? :cwink:

tumblr_pgeb8m2uwA1qcp663_500.jpg

Yes, it's Bucky. But according to the above, Cap says he loves the woman Sharon Carter. :-)

Don't quite get, why this thread is always on top here. Especially after the actress confirmed (and a long time ago) she's not in the movie.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"