Current status of The Avengers in the MCU

Discussion in 'Captain America: Civil War' started by TMC1982, Jul 28, 2017.

1. TMC1982 Registered

Does Tony Stark really have a team of Avengers anymore?

Is this breakdown of each characters status accurate:

The Avengers:
    Iron Man
    War Machine (partially paralyzed)
    Vision

Why did Tony Stark have a new Avengers base built if it was just him and Vision at that point? Couldn't Vision just come live in his mansion with him

The Secret Avengers:
    Captain America
    Hawkeye
    Falcon
    Scarlet Witch
    Ant-Man

Stark also had a bunch of new stuff built for the other Avengers in Homecoming like a new shield for Cap and a belt for Thor, so I think he's taking the letter he got from Cap to heart and preparing for when the Avengers do reassemble again.

S.H.I.E.L.D.:
    Agent 13 (well, technically, Agent 13/Sharon Carter joined the CIA after SHIELD fell)

In Hiding/Whereabouts unknown:
    Black Widow
    Nick Fury
    Maria Hill (in fairness, Maria Hill was still working for Tony in Age of Ultron, and they never mentioned any shake-ups there, so she should still be with The Avengers)

In Wakanda:
    Black Panther
    The Winter Soldier (frozen)

In Space:
    Thor
    Hulk
    Guardians of the Galaxy

Declined Avengers Membership:
    Spider-Man

TBD:
    Doctor Strange

2. metaphysician Not a Side-Kick

I don't think there's anything TBD about Dr Strange. He's simply not an Avenger.

Also, it wasn't really a *new* facility, it was the same upstate NY facility they had at the end of Avengers 2. I think it was just that Tony was closing down Avengers Tower, probably because he feels like he doesn't have time for non-Avengers Business with how shorthanded they are.