"She's got it where it counts" - The Millennium Falcon thread

Discussion in 'Solo: A Star Wars Story' started by Silvermoth, Jan 4, 2017.

?

How should the MF look in this movie?

1. Brand spanking new

2. Like the classic version, a little battered at first

3. Save it for a sequel

4. It shouldn't appear

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Silvermoth

Silvermoth Avenger

I can't wait to see the millennium falcon in its prime. I like to think it's battered appearance came mostly from its adventures with Han in between this and meeting Luke and Obi Wan for the first time

2. KRYPTON INC.

KRYPTON INC. Incorporated Kryptonian

I actually think the Falcon had multiple owners before Lando and Han. Can anyone correct me?

3. scarlet-witch

scarlet-witch Stormborn

Still battered, I just can't picture a brand new Falcon.

4. Spider-Fan83

Spider-Fan83 with great power...

do you think we'll see the Falcon being used for its original design as a freight ship? pushing cargo freights through space...

[​IMG]

5. gohei_

gohei_ Infected by Pentapox

I think so too. I don't see Han as someone buying a brand new ship with his hardearned cash. My guess is he stole, won or got it as a gift from someone.

6. RetrogradeOrbit

RetrogradeOrbit Do I look like I'm joking?

Wasn't it established in ESB that Han won the Falcon from Lando?

It would be fun to see that scene...

7. gohei_

gohei_ Infected by Pentapox

Oh crap, I can't believe I forgot about that.

Looking at my previous post I don't think I was paying attention to what I was writing or what I was replying to. :huh:

8. Orba

Orba Registered

I can see them having the Falcon appear only for them to show someone else to be piloting her (maybe not even Lando) just because people associate her with Han so much I can see them introducing her that way just to shake up the audience a bit. Doing it would be a fast way of showing that things are different from how the general audience are used to things.

9. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

We HAVE to see that scene in my eyes, also, count me as one who wants to see the Millenium Falcon a bit shinier and closer to its prime.

10. Lone

Lone Non-playable character

If the Falcon's in this, it better be Lando's until maybe at the end of the movie where they have the infamous bet where Han swindles it from him.

I kinda want the ending of the movie to be Han and Chewie hauling ass from an angry Lando.

11. Mask&Cape

Mask&Cape Registered

I think the Falcon had it's prime long before Han Solo owned it.

I don't want a Falcon that is fresh of the assembly line or have origin story in this film. It should have a history that we never know the full story behind, like Yoda.

I'd be fine with it not appearing at all or for it to belong to Lando throughout this movie and Han wins it in a sequel.

#11 Mask&Cape, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  12. Mask&Cape

Mask&Cape Registered

The idea it was swindled is just Lando's point of view. Han's reaction to that comment can interpreted as a genuine or fake innocence.

In universe, the Falcon is considered junk and doesn't suit Nando's swagger so I've always considered that there is more to the story of that bet - like maybe Lando was never interested in the Falcon but got a kick out of Solo wanting it or he was swindling Han himself somehow by letting Han win the bet.

#12 Mask&Cape, Aug 26, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 26, 2017
  13. Grootster

Grootster Dancing Tree

I don't want to see the Falcon brand new, but I would love to see it with the blue markings that it had in ROTS, maybe slightly faded to show that several years have passed since then.

View attachment ROTSFalcon.jpg

14. KRYPTON INC.

^And... That's not far off from what we are getting.

15. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

Since the ship appears in RotS and looks more like the OT one than the one in Solo I take it that Lando has made quite some modifications on it, and that Han makes it more resemble a stock version of the ship when he later does his modifications.

16. KRYPTON INC.

There is also something to be said about how Han might look at the Falcon on a practical level when it comes to how it appears in SOLO as compared to its classic OT and current ST look.

The ship in SOLO, clean, blue detailing, smooth profile etc. just looks too... Good. By that I mean, Han looks at the Falcon as part of his operation as a smuggler, emotional attachments not withstanding. As such he might look at the way the Falcon originally looked and just thought it's not optimal for his purposes looking like a SW equivalent of a high end luxury car with all the cool options.

Let me put it this way... A dumb drug dealer will sell his stuff out of the most eye catching and cool looking car as a balm to his ego. Well... That's just bringing attention to something you'd rather keep on the down low. A smart drug dealer would sell out of a reliable but none to flashy car to stay inconspicuous. So too with our beloved smuggler. Why fly around in a ship that is tricked out to the nines if you are a smuggler wanting to pass unoticed from system to system?

17. Aximili86

Aximili86 Registered

Bing bang boom. ^

18. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

Spot on

19. boocherhix

boocherhix Jack Donaghy's Love Child

Then why does it stay virtually the same from the time we see it in ANH to the end of TLJ?

20. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

Han hasn't quite attained that though, given that he flies around in an actually famous ship. He gladly brags about it himself as well. Despite it's humble appearance it's not exactly the most inconspicuous ship.

21. AVEITWITHJAMON

AVEITWITHJAMON Darksider

To be fair it seemed he only ever bragged about it either to potential customers, or people who bad mouthed the ship. So it was either in the interests of business or being over protective of his baby. The latter I have done with cars in the past.

22. KRYPTON INC.

I don't follow? Why is it still a beat up looking ship you mean? I think it's obvious given TFA.

23. KRYPTON INC.

Maybe a known quantity in the world of smugglers but Luke and Obi-Wan had no clue, and I dare say its galactic fame came AFTER Han began his association with the Rebellion against the Empire.

24. Mjölnir

Mjölnir Guest

I don't think the Falcon is known in every part of the galaxy by any means, I'm just saying that I think it's still a fairly widely known ship which in part (of course not entirely) works against being inconspicuous.

I think it works well that way though since I like what that aspect says about the owner more than just being smart and going around in something that just looks bad. The abilities of the Falcon weigh up for that some will recognize it quickly. Han is a better character in being cocky and prideful instead of just being smart.

25. boocherhix

boocherhix Jack Donaghy's Love Child

I just mean it degrades that much in 5-10 years between SOLO and ANH but between ANH & when its found in TFA, 30 years later - it looks the same. Sure we see Han & Chewie fixing it throughout the OT, but the degradation isnt progressed to the point of it being in shambles by whenever Han lost it, post RotJ.