Solo "She's got it where it counts" - The Millennium Falcon thread

I just mean it degrades that much in 5-10 years between SOLO and ANH but between ANH & when its found in TFA, 30 years later - it looks the same. Sure we see Han & Chewie fixing it throughout the OT, but the degradation isnt progressed to the point of it being in shambles by whenever Han lost it, post RotJ.

Han apparently deliberately "junked" up how it looks so that people would dismiss it as a piece of junk. Obviously the people that owned it after ROTJ weren't interested in degrading it further.

I just mean it degrades that much in 5-10 years between SOLO and ANH but between ANH & when its found in TFA, 30 years later - it looks the same. Sure we see Han & Chewie fixing it throughout the OT, but the degradation isnt progressed to the point of it being in shambles by whenever Han lost it, post RotJ.

It's not so much "degrading" as Han doesn't give as much priority to aesthetics as a Lando. Is it really that out there? Put it this way...

You are a drag racer. You win a gleaming, chromed, cherry paint job car from a friend. It looks sweet as hell. But... You decide to make modifications (just as we see Han does to the Falcon, I mean the whole front end is different) all over and unlike your friend performance matters to you more than looks. In doing your mods you don't even bother to repaint sections. You replace the hood and it's unpainted. The side mirrors are different on each side, maybe from different models. You tear out the back passenger seats because that's where you put a nitrous mechanism. Each tire has a different style hubcap cuz that's all you can afford. With each race, win or lose your maintenance and upkeep is based on its speed and handling. If it gets wrecked your priority is how it runs, not how it looks. Looks wise it's gone from a sweet cherry ride to something that if someone saw it they would immediately say it looks "like a piece of junk". To which you can confidently reply, "She may not look like much but she's got it where it counts. I've made a lot of special modifications myself".

Given the dangerous line of work Han is in is the change from SOLO to ANH really that hard to conceive? Ten years is a long time for any vehicle to rack up some major wear and tear.

The toy reveals a little detail about the Falcon that backs up the theory I had that it is already a piece of junk that Lando has made to look nice than it really is. On the toy, some of the exterior panels are removable and below them, the Falcon's exterior looks exactly like the beat up piece of junk we saw in ANH.

Little thing I did to try and illustrate what's going on with the Falcon to someone who still hasn't been able wrap their head around why it looks the way it does in SOLO. Pablo's recent confirmation that it IS THE Falcon and is NOT new when Lando acquired it seems to have confused these people even more. It's really not all that complicated and I'm honestly having some trouble understanding how anyone is still confused.

92066_C92-5_A8_C-4902-_A67_E-2495_EC1_E6_A98.jpg

Last edited:
So basically Han Solo ruined the Falcon and never took good care of it :)

That is what you have gotten out of this? :funny:
Pretty much. If I'm supposed to be bothered with the idea of the Millennium Falcon having a split-second blink or you'll miss it cameo in Revenge of the Sith, and now we have some explanation about that...it never really bothered me at all.

I didn't even know the Falcon was there until some YouTubers pointed it out and were like "George Lucas said it's in fact THE Millennium Falcon."

With the arrow-head removed.
What function (if any) that will serve in the film?
For the toy they made it an extra shuttle/cargo craft?

https://i2.wp.com/**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/2F8BED14-4131-418E-9901-09BF8F4C54E5.jpeg?fit=1333%2C1000&ssl=1

https://i0.wp.com/**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/578C5D11-4005-4931-8C32-EB85B19AA3D3.jpeg?zoom=2&fit=1333%2C1000&ssl=1

https://i2.wp.com/**************.net/wp-content/uploads/2018/02/D5CDE756-345B-42E8-8823-CAEDFC7A7A11.jpeg?zoom=2&fit=750%2C1000&ssl=1

Hasbro-2018-International-Toy-Far-Star-Wars-Universe-Solo-003.jpg

[YT]rKixiE83sjI[/YT]

Last edited:
That's one of the best looking Millennium Falcon vehicles they've made in a while. Hope the final product turns out well.

Isn't that an update of one of the toy concepts from WAY back in the day? A detachable shuttle on the front end of the Falcon?

As for the function in the movie itself? Maybe we see that shuttle detach OR maybe that's like the top and bottom gunnery chairs for the cannons the front of the Falcon has another gunnery seat for another set of cannons? You see blaster barrels in the front there.

Isn't that an update of one of the toy concepts from WAY back in the day? A detachable shuttle on the front end of the Falcon?

As for the function in the movie itself? Maybe we see that shuttle detach OR maybe that's like the top and bottom gunnery chairs for the cannons the front of the Falcon has another gunnery seat for another set of cannons? You see blaster barrels in the front there.
Good memory... was one of the unproduced potential Mini-Rigs
XHkyxpp.jpg

Last edited:
So basically Han Solo ruined the Falcon and never took good care of it :)

... let's just say, hypothetically, RB has a muscle car that's... got it where it counts. Is RB going to concourse the exterior of said vehicle? No, RB is not going to do that. Hypothetically, of course.

Han Solo's no fool, or lazy mechanic, either. Hypothetically. ;)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "afb8e5d7348ab9e99f73cba908f10802"